Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

New to PVP

- - - - - pvp

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Tinmad07

Tinmad07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Heyy, well i am new to PVP and my temp that i am aiming for is

120 bushido
120 fencing
115 parry
65 chiv
100 tactics
100 anatomy
100 healing

100 str
Full dex
Rest int

If theres a problem or any pointers ud like to give out plesae do like i said im new to pvp and id like to learn
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
I wouldnt use bush on a melee char anymore myself.. id put it on a archer if something.

Posted Image

Tinmad07

Tinmad07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
Whys that
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
You will be easy fodder really, i wouldnt use a melee in pvp either unless i had poisioning.

But in the end.. it always comes to - How is your playstyle..

Posted Image

Vally

Vally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
your temp is ok for staying alive but you have no resists
so unless you plan on chugging and carrying a trap box all the time you'll be pretty ineffective. Also take note that once you die and lose your stuff you are pretty much out of any fight. If I was you I would drop bush and fencing
pick up macing and resists and bring your other skills up to 115/120. A parry macer with the right suit is one of the hardest dexxers to kill specially if you have resists and ep. I wouldn't get dp either considering you can just chain chug refresh pots which makes it hard to kill any decent chugging character.

Tinmad07

Tinmad07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
so what do you suggest my final temp/stats be?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vally

Vally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
120 macing
120 tactics
120 anat
120 healing
120 resists
120 parry

If you really want you can mess around with the anat/healing/tactics to fit in some chiv or something but the over all goal of the temp is to stay alive against dexxers and mages. With the dexxers you can hold your shield and parry a lot of their attacks and for fighting mages you can drop your shield and chug while they dump their mana on you.

The stats are up to you personally I use the spirit of the totem to help out normally I have 90 base str 100 base dex and the rest into int (70). Granted you can play with your stats based on your equipment generally chugged up I am 150 str 150 dex. I can't really give you a set stats cause everyone prefers something different also the suit plays the biggest part in your stats.

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts

chug while they dump their mana on you.

Sorry.. but thats a weak tactic since with current templates and current gear - he will run out of heal pots before a decent mage runs out of mana... Sure its solid.. But it got no utility at all.. Its all just luck there.

Posted Image

Tinmad07

Tinmad07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

I use the spirit of the totem to help out normally I have 90 base str 100 base dex and the rest into int (70). Granted you can play with your stats based on your equipment generally chugged up I am 150 str 150 dex.

You use same template?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tinmad07

Tinmad07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
alot of people tell me bushido for sure and others tell me to drop bush...

whys is this
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blurghh

Blurghh

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
That completely depends on how you plan to use bushido and weither you have any skills to replace it. Also, it's each to their own. I say all people should dye their armour dryad green, but for some reason there are idiot out there that just don't get it and don't disagree with me. ;)

If you do not have parry, then bushido is not the skill for you.
Also, if you have archery, then bushido is "nice to have", but not nescessary.

If you are an in-your-face hardcore berserker however, then bushido is a must! It grants you weapon parry (so you do not have to use a shield), the confidence stance means instant HP and lightning strike still rocks the socks off some people (ecspecially mages).

If you can fit in 720 skill points, then I would recommend the template posted by vally and dropping all 120s to 100s, with the exception of macefighting. Then invest those points in bushido. Saves you millions worth of scrolls too!

The advantage of this would be that you have alot more chance to survice, ecspecially if you are ganked. The downside is that you will do less damage with your attacks, so you are slightly weaker.

It's the decision only you can make.
Good attacker or good survivor, up to you :)
"Mega ib urk, yuga ib nub urk.
Bud iv yuga ib urk den mega ib mudzj zmardur den yuga!
Hur hur!
(Bud yuga ib nub urk!)"
- Intelligent conversations with Blurghh (2008)

I'm at work and when I'm bored all I can think of is Blurghh (he is the sex)

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
Another twist on Vally's macer. I just finished this guy and am starting to play around with him. Got the template from some other folks here:

120 Macing
120 Bushido
120 Spirit Speak
115 Resist (will be 120 at some point)
105 Necro
90 Tactics
50 Meditation

Right now stats with equpment are 100 Str, 110 Dex, 73 Int, but I will probably bump intel a little more to get a tick more mana. The bushido is for LS, Confidence, Evade and Momentum Strike. We'll see how he makes out. Has killer Diamond Mace, War Hammer, and UBWS War Fork.

Vally

Vally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Sorry.. but thats a weak tactic since with current templates and current gear - he will run out of heal pots before a decent mage runs out of mana... Sure its solid.. But it got no utility at all.. Its all just luck there.

Weak tactic? Hardly. Look its not like his only method of healing through a mage dump is chugging and hell he can also be on the offensive the whole time while healing. Whether the mage is decent or not doesn't mean they wont run out of mana as long as they are dumping. Plus it takes 10 seconds between chugging heal pots and its not like you carry 10 normally people carry around 20+. There is no luck here its all in knowing the game mechanics.

Tinmad07

Tinmad07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
heh well I am currently building up my character and i just hit 120 fencing but i realized people were saying Macing... what are the pro's con's of maceing vs. fencing and also id like to keep fencing due to it took me a bit to hit that lol

This is my current temp that iv been workin
120 fencing
100 healing
100 tactics
100 parry
65 bush
50 chiv

what should i change? should i put fencing on a soulstone and start up on macing?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts

Weak tactic? Hardly. Look its not like his only method of healing through a mage dump is chugging and hell he can also be on the offensive the whole time while healing. Whether the mage is decent or not doesn't mean they wont run out of mana as long as they are dumping. Plus it takes 10 seconds between chugging heal pots and its not like you carry 10 normally people carry around 20+. There is no luck here its all in knowing the game mechanics.

Mages doesnt run out of mana.... Only if they cast 20+ Flamestrikes but which mage would do that?

Posted Image

Blurghh

Blurghh

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Fencing is faster + ability to use poison / shadowstrike.

Macing is slower but eats stamina and deals heavy damage.

Assassin type characters generally have fencing, Brute type characters generally have macing. It's all personal preference really.
"Mega ib urk, yuga ib nub urk.
Bud iv yuga ib urk den mega ib mudzj zmardur den yuga!
Hur hur!
(Bud yuga ib nub urk!)"
- Intelligent conversations with Blurghh (2008)

I'm at work and when I'm bored all I can think of is Blurghh (he is the sex)

LemonSqueeze

LemonSqueeze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
120 weapon
90 tactics
120 resist
105 Chiv
120 med (and use medable armor!)

This leaves ~160 points to play with.. you don't need healing just get a 4/6 suit with ample mr and lmc.. spam holy light, spam remove curse, and other chiv spells (heal with chiv spells) if youw ant.. put parry on.. but dont' rely on it to keep you alive.. get a decent EP ring or set.. and chug... Potions are the new PvP!

Tinmad07

Tinmad07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Potions are the new PvP!

Seems that way...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tinmad07

Tinmad07

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
so now that my temp is shot to shat and torn many different ways lol im just wondering if i should stick to my origional temp and see what the hell happens...

unless theres a big problem with it??
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Vally

Vally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Mages doesnt run out of mana.... Only if they cast 20+ Flamestrikes but which mage would do that?

I never said they had to fully run out of mana but what mage isn't going to use a few big spells. Plus conc blow does wonders either way if their mana is high and their hp low works just as well as if their hp is high and their mana is low.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pvp