Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Centralized RP Community?

- - - - - centralized community rp

• Please log in to reply
225 replies to this topic

Park Su-mi

Park Su-mi

The voice of common sense.

• Members
  • 1,957 posts
Sorry, pardon me? I've presented myself with nothing but calm decorum. You come in here launching personal attacks against Klion and denouncing no less than half of another guild as "immature", punctuating said statement with a declaration that you don't even play the game anymore?

I'd be looking to grow up yourself a little bit, and suggest you rethink your line of debate before throwing another ill advised two penneth into a conversation that has little to no effect on you anyway.

That are immature people in every guild and every circle of roleplay on the server, you just have to put up with it and get on. Letting it affect your judgment of entire guilds and communities just isn't productive and it's exactly those sort of prejudices we need to get over if we ARE ever to unite what's left of Europa.

Posted Image
Don't swear, kids!

Sineal Walker

Sineal Walker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Geronimo may just be making a fool of himself by using this as an opportunity to cry about how evil the members of Grd really are, but he is getting at a highly relevant point. People aren't going to move to Yew because there's a lot of irrational OOC hatred still in the community, and a lot of that is directed against Grd. They will see it as a victory for Grd, and that's something that many can't even contemplate.

That's why if this is going to be done the only possible way would be for -everyone- to move at once. No privilages for any guild, that way no ones pride is hurt.

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
I said your attitude doesnt really help.. its pretty aggressive even tho its calm...

I said that my experience with Grd is 50% 50% .. if you see that as an attack... then its not much I can do.. Thats how i feel about Grd and what ive experienced in my time.

My attack against Klion? I said I dont like his way of playing.. because it has always been his way or not at all.. You have to agree on that one.

Posted Image

Sineal Walker

Sineal Walker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
My experience with people who RP gnome mages is similarly 50/50, and I knew a really great guy who rped a very decent gnome mage on WoW. Sorry if you see that as a personal attack. Guess you can't call me on it though, because it was a mere statistic expressing my feelings.

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts

Geronimo may just be making a fool of himself by using this as an opportunity to cry about how evil the members of Grd really are, but he is getting at a highly relevant point. People aren't going to move to Yew because there's a lot of irrational OOC hatred still in the community, and a lot of that is directed against Grd. They will see it as a victory for Grd, and that's something that many can't even contemplate.

That's why if this is going to be done the only possible way would be for -everyone- to move at once. No privilages for any guild, that way no ones pride is hurt.

wrong.. Im not crying about how evil Grd, I just dislike how Grd have acted in the past... then its agreed to try again.. and same things happen again. This almost only coming from the guildleader at that time.. Klion.. Doesnt set a good picture on Grd.

But i must say - I've had wonderful RP with other Grd members

Posted Image

Park Su-mi

Park Su-mi

• Members
  • 1,957 posts

I said your attitude doesnt really help.. its pretty aggressive even tho its calm...

Have you actually read anything I've put in this thread? Certainly compared to my usual rantings, I'd say I'm being nothing short of angelic.

I even stood up for VanQa. :kiss:

Posted Image
Don't swear, kids!

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts

Have you actually read anything I've put in this thread? Certainly compared to my usual rantings, I'd say I'm being nothing short of angelic.

I even stood up for VanQa. :kiss:

I was actually surprised...

Posted Image

Sineal Walker

Sineal Walker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

wrong.. Im not crying about how evil Grd, I just dislike how Grd have acted in the past... then its agreed to try again.. and same things happen again. This almost only coming from the guildleader at that time.. Klion.. Doesnt set a good picture on Grd.

But i must say - I've had wonderful RP with other Grd members

No, you bitched about Grd as a whole, with an emphasis on Klion. Now you're trying to claim you solely bitched about Klion and not Grd at all.

Oh, and I won't drop to the level of insulting guilds, but you know people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Park Su-mi

Park Su-mi

• Members
  • 1,957 posts
I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but you're going slightly off topic now. ;)

Posted Image
Don't swear, kids!

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
Not as whole.. only 50% ;) well.. 50% aint really right number either.. lets say 35% of the guild that I had interaction with, acted in a way I disliked.. Sure I cant like all - Sure i've disliked how other members from other guilds acted as well... But I never came right with Grd.. and somehow I think i share that feeling with many.

Now lets leave that and focus on.. Since so many posted that Yew is great to do this centralization at.. How about mages? Will they daily be executed and hunted or how shall we interact with them in Yew area?

Posted Image

Rowland Gill

Rowland Gill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
Each day would be a never ending cycle of capture and burning. I dunno, perhaps ask those Mages who lived in Yew for 6 or so years during the CoY-era how they managed?

Park Su-mi

Park Su-mi

• Members
  • 1,957 posts
Grd and it's like-minded guilds (which, well that's Rbl really lol) will always roleplay that Yew is a region of stubborn, narrow minded Northern citizens who are largely Avatarian and loyalist. And if you run around as a gnome mage, you are going to be in danger of being attacked by Grd, yes.

But then there were mages, outcasts, rebels, criminals, orcs and undead running around CoY before and they just hid from Grd.

Posted Image
Don't swear, kids!

Sineal Walker

Sineal Walker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Yes they would be - by us at least. We ain't changing our concept to make centralisation easier. If everyone moved at once then that wouldn't be a problem for you since we'd be in the minority in terms of mage/elf hatred, but I certainly wouldn't be particuarly happy with an 'all vs Grd' war in such close quarters.

Park Su-mi

Park Su-mi

• Members
  • 1,957 posts
Because CoY wasn't all vs. Grd amirite? :P

Posted Image
Don't swear, kids!

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
I'll keep checking here.. since if this happens.. Im willing to give it a shot, side by lotro of course.. Im not a person for big events or such.. Sorry at -V- and Tre.. But i guess you guys know me already ;)

Im a one man army if needed..

Posted Image

Sineal Walker

Sineal Walker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Because CoY wasn't all vs. Grd amirite? :P

CoY wasn't a bunch of different militia guilds though, and everyone had to constrain their guild members quite a lot. If everyone remade a bunch of Yewish town themed guilds with similar restrictions, then I wouldn't care if we were still the target of all. Somehow, I don't see that happening ;)

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
Bicker elsewhere.

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

Kaelyn

Kaelyn

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,384 posts
It is very hard as orc to get more interaction than a fight but then that is a problem for itself.

A central community only helps in the short term and would not really help as we all have different playstyles and so went to the communities that support out playstyle already.

There is also no reason why different communities cannot exist side by side, even with little interaction, if playstyles differ.

Problem at the moment is that with the disappearance of guilds here is less and less choice what to play and many get thrown in the mold, losing the difference and variability we once had.

Suggestions for the ones that play non mainstream characters would be to form your own smaller place. Naeloth once was such a place where evildoers could stay and work their evils.

Why would an orc visit other towns except maybe to trade? or attack. You picked a character that lives basically in its own community of orcs and the only way to survive so is with lots of events to keep your guild busy and alive. As you miss out on the easier events to go you need to be very innovative and determined to keep it alive (is why most are dead these days).

Rowland Gill

Rowland Gill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Why would an orc visit other towns except maybe to trade? or attack.

Indeed, but Orcs are a minority in the roleplay community as a whole so only perhaps 5% of the entire community would not directly benefit centralisation. That said, a centralised community would benefit the Orc's as they'd have a guaranteed hotspot to raid and the outlying areas to patrol, blockade or whatever Orcs do.

Yew also has an Orc Fort, Orc Mines, an Undead Crypt and a Brigand Fort. So theres plenty on offer for them.

Kaelyn

Kaelyn

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,384 posts
You lose a lot of variety by centralizing and players too that do not make the move.

If such a thing happens, the question needs to be asked , is EA the best choice for that anyway?

Who actually thinks EA supports roleplaying in UO actively?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: centralized, community, rp