Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

EA takes action?

- - - - - action ea takes

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Deraj

Deraj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Jeez. People. It is just a game, and so what if someone else is just smart enough to take it to another level to keep the game itself going. As if people really believe this game would stand on its own feet by its own right. My dad is right. It would have died out a long time ago without people like her and Bob, thus killing my sister's and my own fun.

I believe.
It is against the rules to buy and sell virtual goods for real money in WoW, which just so happens to be the biggest game of them all, and UO is nowhere near as time-consuming. No game's survival is based on industrious players making an out of game business of it. Period. Lastly, if your "fun" is based on taking in-game shortcuts via out-of-game methods (i.e. buying stuff), I am very sorry for you. This is not an issue that I am very passionate about; I just wanted to point out that you, and your dad, are dead wrong.
Still we loom in the mists as the ages roll away,
And we say of our folk, "they are here!"
That they built us and they died and you'll not be knowing why,
Save we stand on the bare plains of Wiltshire.

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
i for one just say burn it down should be no drama in losing another cheater in uo and Crypt the drowing idear was not a bit much mabey a uo fisherman can get a boot from a unknown scripter
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
I'll say it again: I wish UO would really look at expanding the effort they put into removing useless clicking from KR. Potion kegs, quests, etc are much easier to tolerate now...but it's just a first step.

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts

I'll say it again: I wish UO would really look at expanding the effort they put into removing useless clicking from KR. Potion kegs, quests, etc are much easier to tolerate now...but it's just a first step.

Never was a problem for me before either... UOA macros ftw.

Posted Image

marcis

marcis

Lost in Dreams

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
If the person was cheating, they did right by my opinion.(Meaning some exploits like hacking on their server database or somehow accessing Game Master account) But if he/her was simply harvesting using some other programs, third party or whatever they are called. Excuse me but why can't they play like that? Because it's in TOS that you cannot use third party applications?
Why are we able to use this UOassist and other sort of programs then?
What I dislike is when , old player who has earned millions by his own bare hands sitting day and night chopping trees and mining ores after years sees a person who was smart enough to use a software which does for them. They get pissed because all what they've done in those years to get this money and resources for someone is as easy as to click a mouse button.
You can see that EA doesn't care. Like, what if somebody was some sort of dissabled and he could use some third party application to direct what to do by sound? I;m just saying as an example.
What I am trying to say is , if you create something and forget to make it complete , don't try to make new TOS points to avoid fixing them.
Why not on next Expansion give us a book, How to play in Ultima Online. Where it will be explained what to do. Like, When you go in game, go buy some hatchet, then go to chop trees located on south. And like this whole book so we play all as they want us to play.
Richard Garriot once shared his experience that You CANNOT predict the way the players want to play the game.And that's what for you are paying, to have freedom. Not to play as others.
If you can't fix an exploit/bug then just get another job.

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
Hi Mr Macris..

I can tell you some things that i've been able to do in my 10years of UO - Get into your bankbox and clean it.. i didnt hack anything it was just a bug. Which you say is allowed.. by Using 3rd application I've been able to cast as many Energybolts as my mana allows me in 1 sec.. soo yes 6 EBs in 1 sec insta kills anyone.. Thats what some 3rd applications do - not just scripting. I could also loot houses by the use of this and without.

I've been able to dupe without any.

No i dont think one should be allowed to do any of this.. One should be banned right away. You think its fair if someone uses Speedhack in pvp? Think not.. blow him away and ban him.

So you are saying - by EAM telling us not to use 3rd applications they are telling us how to play UO? Get some insight please..

Of course older players got the right to be angry if they've worked up 50mills in 10 years and it comes a fool young newbie which dupes or scripts toghter 50mill in a month without really lifting a finger.. Fun ..

Please get some insight in the game before posting again pls.. Get experience in UO.. Dont come and say Scripting is okay or saying that if there are bugs we should use them..

Posted Image

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Hahaha, someone got their house blown up. :P

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
Um, that isn't very funny. What if EA decided to this to every house that had been owned by a scripter? Instead of it falling & letting someone else put a house in the same blank area, it'd permanately (sp?) be blocked off by some silly effigy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
facattac, I think the point is exactly that! We, as in EA, are making a point that we will be taking action on illegal activities! This is done to show the community that an effort is being made to curb "cheating". EA will not come out and say we banned so and so cause they cheated and this makes the community sceptical that anything is being done. This effigy burning house is there to do just that make a point that something is being done to a known cheater. And my guess is after XX amount of time the spot will be cleared for placement again, or it will stand to continue to be a warning, but any other spots will be cleared.

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Good enough for me. If a house stands and the owner is a scripter/duper/etc. or an effigy in it's spot, the only difference is you can't get illegal goods off an effigy.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Brom

Brom

Introverted Barbarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
*grumbles*

No pity for the cheaters, burn their stuff to the ground.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts

I
Why are we able to use this UOassist and other sort of programs then?

Umm, because certain programs, like UOAssist, UOAM, are approved by UO and have been since just about the start.

Let's deal with facts. When you sign up for a game YOU agree to the TOS, if one doesn't like it you have the option to say NO and not play. Everyone is FREE to find a game that meets thier needs or, well, build thier own. =)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
As far as the effigy taking up a housing spot, good! Housing is widely available everywhere, and Luna housing like that should never have been possible in the first place. Markets and vending used to be a 'business'...much like Crafters and Tamers used to have an actual 'job' or 'use' in game... Be glad they haven't merged shards yet cuz then it'll really be a housing ordeal.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
Correct me if im wrong though.. Wasnt UOA also illegal in beginning?

Almost sure it was..

Posted Image

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Aye, Tug had to take out a few functions, then it went UOPro.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Blurghh

Blurghh

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Halfway during the second page I stopped reading and decided to post the following :

"Blah"

As that is pretty much all I have to say about this babble.
EA is doing a good job bombing scripter houses, it's been said, it's been covered, now let's shut up and babble about something useful like the weather!
(which is quite nice today tbh)
"Mega ib urk, yuga ib nub urk.
Bud iv yuga ib urk den mega ib mudzj zmardur den yuga!
Hur hur!
(Bud yuga ib nub urk!)"
- Intelligent conversations with Blurghh (2008)

I'm at work and when I'm bored all I can think of is Blurghh (he is the sex)

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
i say keep the fires going
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: action, ea, takes