Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

EA takes action?

- - - - - action ea takes

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Salem

Salem

Koblittabom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
Dad thought I shouldn't post anything, but I thought this video on the Tube was interesting, along with this picture I took of myself today at a property I believe belonged to this guy on Legends. Thought the effigy that EA, or the Gods that be, placed there was kinda funny. Or maybe not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1llXeTZG9T0

Posted Image
Posted Image

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts
interesting

Nexus

Nexus

Shard: Chesapeake/Siege

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
Yea you can find out his site by googling and Oh he's a sponsor here on UOForums.

Posted Image

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
soo what is the connection to the burned house?

Dont post a accusation if you can only say: I believe it was his...

Believe people can do in church...

Posted Image

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Yea you can find out his site by googling and Oh he's a sponsor here on UOForums.

Do you, or anyone know for sure that the house was owned by Bob of UOTreasures?

Nexus

Nexus

Shard: Chesapeake/Siege

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Do you, or anyone know for sure that the house was owned by Bob of UOTreasures?

I'm not saying the house was his, just the guy in the video is from UOTreasures...

Posted Image

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Gah, my bad, I replied to the wrong post
It was a question for Salem

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
I have done that before and everytime I have done it... it sounded REALLY random! least your kind of sorta look like you knew what was going on =P

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
From Bob of UOTreasures

And none of the homes were mine – in fact I do not own a single vendor home on any shard.

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
Thanks for clearing that Adam :)

Posted Image

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts

From Bob of UOTreasures

all im saying is everyone is inocent to proven guilty ...and barry bonds never used steroids it was flak seed oil.
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts
the "clear" man

Salem

Salem

Koblittabom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Gah, my bad, I replied to the wrong post
It was a question for Salem

Sorry if I was wrong. I just got it from the Legends forum on Stratics. I couldn't care less whether he owns squat. I believe he has as much right to own plots like anybody else that plays. I just thought it interesting that the game Gods thought someone should have to pay like this, and that someone would post such a link to to such an action.

Pfft. Gimme a break.
Posted Image

Crypt Keeper(CK)

Crypt Keeper(CK)

Guildmaster of ATD, Defender of Paxlair!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts
If they are breaking the law they should pay.

*hides lighter under his robe*
Posted Image

Salem

Salem

Koblittabom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

If they are breaking the law they should pay.

*hides lighter under his robe*

What law did they break? Again, I didn't even know she owned that place until Adam said something about it, and if it is true, all I can say is I know her, and she is one of the sweetest people I have met in this game.

Jeez. People. It is just a game, and so what if someone else is just smart enough to take it to another level to keep the game itself going. As if people really believe this game would stand on its own feet by its own right. My dad is right. It would have died out a long time ago without people like her and Bob, thus killing my sister's and my own fun.
Posted Image

Crypt Keeper(CK)

Crypt Keeper(CK)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts
I think there are like two things happening here, you dont know whats going on or you are mixed up in some replies and threads.

If whoever owns those houses are cheating then, yes, they should be burned and banned and then dropped in the ocean to drown.

Ok, so I went to far with the drowning but at least a good swift kick in the bottom will do heh. I'm sorry but taking it to that level is not good for the game, its why many people left the game.

If you stand up for scripters and scammers then you should be banned as well. I dont know this Bob dude or your other friend but if they are making real cash the legal way more power to them, if not then burn baby...burn
Posted Image

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Salem,
Bob's site is still in business and delivering., if that is indeed UOTreasures, UOResources is another long time seller.
Being a seller does NOT equate to being a scripter.

I've used Bob for a number of years for resources. He's a great guy and honest in his dealings with me.

The folks who's homes burned and more than likely had thier accounts banned were cheaters, using flaws in the system.

One should never jump to conclusions until one has all the facts. And NONE of US has all the facts. I worked for Origin, I know the time and effort put in to having the FACTS before they ever ban an account or do what they just did.

Bob is still around.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Crypt Keeper(CK)

Crypt Keeper(CK)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts
Go Bob!
Posted Image

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
and Salem.. Dont accuse someone if you got no clue whats going on.. The rest from your other posts im still trying to understand since it doesnt make any sense.

If her house burned.. then ill buuhuu for her even if she is a nice girl - She broke the ToS, scripting, using duped items, 3rd programs.. or whatnot.. In other words.. She wasnt good enough.

Posted Image

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
Salem,

As you say, "taking it to another level" is one thing...if it's done LEGALLY and within the terms of the agreement you consent to when you sign up to play the game. If taking it to another level means you were using bot's to script mine, lumberjack, fill bod's, using speedhacks, etc., then you are CHEATING. Period. I don't really care how nice, or sweet a person is, the FACT is that they were cheating, exploiting third party programs and the game itself in order to make real life dollars. This is illegal and stated in the Terms of Service that you agree to. Now, if she wanted to mine all day, lumberjack all day, farm Doom all day, or whatever, then convert that into rl dollars, that is one thing. But she better have her kind, sweet butt sitting at the keyboard. The fact that something like 14 houses she owned, across as many shards (most were Luna houses), burned, makes me think that there were MANY of her accounts running scripts/programs to farm resources. This is ILLEGAL.

At some point, and that point should have come LONG ago, EA needs to get rid of this crap. It alters the game economy, and does so in a way that benefits cheaters, not players. The BOS nerf hurt a LOT of legitimate players, making our life more difficult. Do you know why they did this? To make it more difficult for those kind, sweet little scripters to farm gold. I applaud the efforts, but more needs to be done...such as the luna vendor that constantly has 20+ barbed kits on his vendor, and the vendor is set up the same way on at least 5 different shards that I've seen with my own eyes. As you get a little older (and perhaps a little more jaded), you will see that the personality doesn't always determine a person's intent. I'm probably a pretty surly personality overall (as a coworker once told me lol), and I do get pissed off about things, in game and in real life. I've had many words with people in this game over playstyle and ethics. Yet, for all that surliness and all, I'm probably more likely to give a young player in New Haven a good armor set/weps/scrappers and a few 100k in gold to get started, as well as advice, than the majority of the playerbase. I want to see players succeed in this game. Legally.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: action, ea, takes