Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

New bad dragons

- - - - - bad dragons

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
Want easy gold Nasher? Go for Trogdolytes in the Painted Caves. Easiest money you can make on a dexxer. Might help raise the funds for better equipment. Or, if you wanna kill drags, try an archer...the new one's move very slow, and as long as you have resist on your archer, you should be able to take them down no problem...a Horselord is your friend. Seriously, they're tougher but it's not like you can't solo them if you wish to. I seriously think the nice thing is it might require cooperative hunting parties. Is that a bad thing? I think UO has gotten too individualistic, and perhaps the dev's are trying to get back to their roots. Give it a shot again. Oh, and if you can, use disco on them first. Much easier to peace and or kill them after they are discoed.

Nasher

Nasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Want easy gold Nasher? Go for Trogdolytes in the Painted Caves. Easiest money you can make on a dexxer. Might help raise the funds for better equipment. Or, if you wanna kill drags, try an archer...the new one's move very slow, and as long as you have resist on your archer, you should be able to take them down no problem...a Horselord is your friend. Seriously, they're tougher but it's not like you can't solo them if you wish to. I seriously think the nice thing is it might require cooperative hunting parties. Is that a bad thing? I think UO has gotten too individualistic, and perhaps the dev's are trying to get back to their roots. Give it a shot again. Oh, and if you can, use disco on them first. Much easier to peace and or kill them after they are discoed.

Sorry, I hunt solo but thanks for the advice. I don't have many friends and most of them aren't on when I am anyway. I can find easy gold. I was making easy gold when they decided to make some dragons extremely difficult to kill.

To Gnomy, I don't pay $13 a month to adapt. I pay $13 to have fun and I'm not having fun anymore.

"So quit", you'll say.

I say, "I shouldn't have to just because people whined about dragons being too weak. You quit and find a more challenging game."

"I don't want to", you'll say.

"See my point?"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nasher - Elder Paladin - CoV
Edgemon - Citizen Cartographer - Rose

Udrak

Udrak

Za Jâb

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
I bumped into a Dragon today at the Demon temple who had 1600 health and 120+ of each skill (except meditation). Is this Dragon you tamed the same type, only its skills were greatly reduced upon taming?

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

To Gnomy, I don't pay $13 a month to adapt. I pay $13 to have fun and I'm not having fun anymore.

"So quit", you'll say.

I say, "I shouldn't have to just because people whined about dragons being too weak. You quit and find a more challenging game."

"I don't want to", you'll say.

"See my point?"

This is where I have to jump in and say, don't take it personal. You are taking it to the point where it's an either or where the only thing it is is a fix.

Dragons weren't meant to be easy, don't be upset they made them how they should be. It's nothing against the "weak" (or whatever you want to call those who couldn't handle them before or can't handle them now) NOR was it anything to the "strong" (those that would wade through the sea of dragon corpses with more worries from stepping on a tooth than an actual dragon) who needed a challange.

THIS CHANGE WAS FOR THE GAME, to keep with the LORE that DRAGONS ARE BIG, NASTY, AND SCARY.

Once again, it's NOT for the "I want the game to be harder" crowd.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts

Sorry to hear that you dont have fun.. But in all MMOs there are changes that you need to adapt too.. UO is the best example when it comes to adapting.. How do you think all old UO people felt when AoS came? We had to adapt or quit... So.. Now you are at a point where they destroyed what you had fun with.. Now you got the options too...

Hope you makes a decision where you can still have fun.

Posted Image

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
DiP, that was very well put my man. I truly believe that the the DRAGON should be the biggest, baddest animal in the land (short of the various "bosses"). C'mon, it's a dragon for crying out loud. In all of history, man has feared them (in a mythological sense) since they are total badazz's. The hero always slew the dragon, not some wannabe hehe. Therefore, the dragon should be the top dog. It was a little goofy that a glorified dog should be the top of the fighting food chain. It's nice that the proper order is restored. I love my cu's (I have probably 8), but this dragon will make a real nice hunting companion. I won't use them for everything, but this publish HAS restored some semblence of reality to the monster structure in game.

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
If you've got Chivaly, they're easy to spot. Enemy of One... If you're hunting regular dragons, avoid the ones that don't highlight orange, and vice versa.

Nasher

Nasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Once I stopped griping (which everybody does but usually about very different things) about the changes, I realized that it's not really that big of a deal. It just forced me to find another place to hunt. And in hindsight, is the complaining REALLY going to do anything? :)

Anyway, by the tones of the replies I recieved after my posts, I would say that generally no one was offended by what I said. If anyone was, I apologize. I was in a very bad, angry place and I took it out on y'all. Nasher BAD!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nasher - Elder Paladin - CoV
Edgemon - Citizen Cartographer - Rose

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
Ah, no worries, we've all been there. You should see some of my initial posts after the BOS nerf lol.:)

Guest_ninja_dexxer08_*

Guest_ninja_dexxer08_*
  • Guests
hey whats the best pvp template for ultima online on a test server.. I am best at dexxer ninja but I also need to know how to make a leet suit and stats and whats the best chances of owning.. plz help me thanks

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
May I give a suggestion.. Drop the baby server and make it on a real server.

Second: Nothing is "best".. You make it best - atleast i do since im so good.

The suit depends totally on your playstyle and what utility you want to use when playing.

Want to get good? Learn everything what everything does yourself..

Welcome to UOForums.

There are also PvP Forums.. drop a thread there instead.

Posted Image

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Somehow he reminded me of Moony's signature... ;)

grizz

grizz

CATS Legendary String Plucker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
Funny, I don't find the dragons to be any harder than they used to be. This is most likely due to my 120 provo and my Dragon Slayer drums. They do take longer to kill each other now that you mention it. Hmmmph. You guys need some barding skills.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If the world was flat I'd grind the edge."
-Ray Kappo

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
@grizz

ROFL.

I have stopped hunting Destard level one myself, and now Recall directly to level two to kill shadow wyrms. Perhaps I need to bring my Provo Bard back from Doom and try these new dragons against him!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bad, dragons