Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

New bad dragons

- - - - - bad dragons

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
Has anyone tried killing one. I went to this mornning to farm some leather for my tailor. AND LET ME TELL YOU They are fast, they hit hard, and the poison levels are higher. I walked in and next thing I was saying was who dat who der. They do hit hard. The first hit took for like 80 hit points from me and as i turned around to run and heal it hit me again and OOOooooOooOoO. All I know is I was on my swordmans with a dragon slayer and I am almost at all 70 in resist 70 in phy and 70 in fire. And it took me down before I was able to honor it. However I did have a lot of fun.

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
As Brody Would Say You Gonna Need A Bigger Boat Or Faster Legs
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
lol faster legs

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Where is are the dragons bud went killed lots could not find the mean ones you speak of ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nasher

Nasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Not to complain but...

I go for a peaceful hunt in Wind where there are mostly daemons, drakes and dragons... Just to kill some time, make some gold... Now with these tougher dragons (and it seems like all dragons, not "certain dragons" like it says in the update) they've been buffed a bit too much. I get hit for 134 as I'm running away, failing peacemaking constantly, even though I'm using a dragon slayer drum and have 120 Peacing.

A little TOO tough in my opinion. I was actually having FUN being able to finally defeat these creatures without dying all the time. Now, it's back to figuring out what to hunt.

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
Agreed, I think this is overkill. Two of them were at the door in Destard today...multiple 000ooo0000's as peeps walked out. I think they went a tick overboard with them, they are seriously bad news. I finally did kill one, but it was no where near worth the loot they gave them. I had to dodge out at least 5 times to survive, and I still died once. Not fun. With that said, I'll be trying to tame one this evening lol.

Blurghh

Blurghh

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
If you ask me this is how dragons *should* be!
The only mistake they made - in MY opinion - is that they can still be tamed... :(

I heard someone say he tamed 4 dragons last night, now that makes for a seriously overpowered pet and I believe that pets shouldn't be all that strong to begin with.

That's right, nerf tamers!!
"Mega ib urk, yuga ib nub urk.
Bud iv yuga ib urk den mega ib mudzj zmardur den yuga!
Hur hur!
(Bud yuga ib nub urk!)"
- Intelligent conversations with Blurghh (2008)

I'm at work and when I'm bored all I can think of is Blurghh (he is the sex)

Blurghh

Blurghh

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Merc,

I have taken the liberty of making you a new signature, to reflect your recent experience with Dragons.

Posted Image
Hur hur!
(Bud yuga ib nub urk!)"

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
Dragons was too easy.. Dragons shouldnt be soloable

Whole UO is too easy... Its a good change.

Posted Image

Blurghh

Blurghh

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
What can I say... it'sa Trammel game these days! ;)
Hur hur!
(Bud yuga ib nub urk!)"

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Merc,

I have taken the liberty of making you a new signature, to reflect your recent experience with Dragons.

Posted Image

lol Thanks, that is the way I felt. And Mac are at destard. As soon as I stepped foot in OOoooOOOOO. I even went back the next day say to myself there is no way, I have to plan my attack now. So I honored the dragon hit my marco key for lighting strike and I hit him for 120 *thinking to myself thats right take that* then I got flame strike, started healing then bleed attack and I guess he hit me. Because in that whole span of 2 seconds I was dead.

So tomorrow I am going to try again but with my archer. No more swords.

I am not complainning by no means. I like the beefed up creatures. UO should be harder then what it is.

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
Yeah, my second experience was better. Well, I still died lol, but hey, what can I say. First I went on my tamer....Tram destard was a freaking zoo, so I headed to fel destard...much better. No one around. I found one, hit the tame macro, and away I went. Got the crap knocked out of me and failed the tame, but survived. Tried again, this time not so lucky hehe, I 000ooo000'd my way out. Got a rez, came back and hit it again. Bingo, I got one of the bad boys. I then went and got my swordsman again. It took a while, but I lived and took him down. I like them. The initial shock wore off and once that was gone it was a matter of planning the tactics. I DO think they should have better loot than they carry for the effort, but oh well, a lot of monsters don't in the game, nor do level 6 t-maps, and so on and so forth. Also, I thought they were supposed to be a "rarer" spawn. It seemed that over half of them in both facets were the super drags. It's funny, it seems ultra easy to take down a regular drag now...when I started playing they used to kick my tail lol.

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
:) Thanks for sharing JFK. Good to know they are a challenge now.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Nasher

Nasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hooray for the people that have been hunting dragons forever.

Tough s**t for the ones who just figured out how to hunt them.

Yay, that's SO fair.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nasher - Elder Paladin - CoV
Edgemon - Citizen Cartographer - Rose

Seamstra

Seamstra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

If you ask me this is how dragons *should* be!
The only mistake they made - in MY opinion - is that they can still be tamed... :(

I heard someone say he tamed 4 dragons last night, now that makes for a seriously overpowered pet and I believe that pets shouldn't be all that strong to begin with.

That's right, nerf tamers!!

I do want to reply to this. I was sitting outside Destard last night after failing miserably last night to tame one. ( I hear Honoring yourself is the trick) I was loring them as they came out.

I have one in my Stable now too as someone gave me one. I have a White Wyrm (Old) and a Dragon ( New) Let me get some Screenies.. but they aren't worth it. about 200 more HPs and some more magery. (Keep in mind the Wyrm has 50% Physical Damage and 50% Cold damage, that's the only difference.) In Some cases the Dragon is better, in most cases the White Wyrm is better, so what do you gain that is worth dieing 800 times? 200 more hit points? What does that buy you? 2 or 3 more minutes of life against a Monster?

AGain I am comparing this to a WW. So maybe a Another Draogn has worse Stats? I might tame one later and see. If your interested I'll screenies of the wild dragons. they looes 50 - 60% of their stats upon taming.. Ouch.

Attached Thumbnails

• Valentine1.jpg
  • Valentine2.jpg
  • Valentine3.jpg
  • Valentine4.jpg
  • puff1.jpg
  • puff2.jpg
  • puff3.jpg
  • puff4.jpg

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
But the new dragon is pretty bad ass on magery

High Int, Mana, hitpoints .. 107 Magery without training... Just train up the eval on it.. and you got a bad boy.

Posted Image

Seamstra

Seamstra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
Maybe later I will compare to the Hiruys and the Mutts. they are supposed to be better then them too.

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Hooray for the people that have been hunting dragons forever.

Tough s**t for the ones who just figured out how to hunt them.

Yay, that's SO fair.

I started hunting dragon since I started UO and it is tough s**t for me now. I don't think at someone that has only been playing for a couple of months should be able to solo a dragon(which I was doing after playing for 6 months). I having been playing for about 20 months and I like the fact that it is hard for me solo a dragon.

Nasher

Nasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

I started hunting dragon since I started UO and it is tough s**t for me now. I don't think at someone that has only been playing for a couple of months should be able to solo a dragon(which I was doing after playing for 6 months). I having been playing for about 20 months and I like the fact that it is hard for me solo a dragon.

Well, that's great for you.

Couldn't they have put these new, harder dragons in a completely different area and let those who need the extra challenge to go there instead of just randomly buffing ones in existing areas? There are plenty of empty/open areas where these buffed dragons could reside.

It really doesn't matter anyway. No use complaining about it anymore. Nothing I say will convince anyone to anything contrary to what's already happened and I don't see it changing back. So, I guess I'll spend the rest of my days in UO hunting mongbats. At least they're not looking to buff those anytime soon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nasher - Elder Paladin - CoV
Edgemon - Citizen Cartographer - Rose

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
adapt...

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bad, dragons