Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Non Virtue Dungeons dropping arties?

- - - - - arties dropping dungeons virtue

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Seamstra

Seamstra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
I heard this somewhere.. Is this true.. or am I just mixing up random bits of info.

Just wondering where everyone is.

Risso

Risso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
I received a piece of Virtue armour in Destard..never heard anything about that happening before?

Zavi Torgal

Zavi Torgal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
This is all part of the 10th anniversary celibration...

It started back in September

Players back then could log in and receive the following in their inventory:
2 heritage tokens
1 Wand of Firework

And throughout the next few months, or longer?

There will be new quests and other gifts and prizes, including:

The completed Virtue Armor set

Several cool commemorative items, including a Map of Britannia and an Ankh Necklace, and others.

As well there are a collection of weapons owned by various notable figures in Britannia's history

These prizes are available from any monster in the original dungeons. You just need to kill enough of them. You get credits for each kill. When you get enough credits you will get one in your pack.

Hope this helps! There are some nice items available.

Good Hunting!
Zavi Torgal

Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS

Knowledge is power; Guard it well!

• Members
  • 2,250 posts
In celebration of the 10th anniversary of UO(which started in Septmeber). While in the anti-virtue dungeons (Covetous, Deceit, Despise, Destard, Hythloth, Shame, Wrong), your character has a chance (based on a point system, EA never revelled how many points it takes) while fighting any of the monsters in any of the above listed dungeons to get one of 15 random rewards (if you get one you will see a message something like : "for valor above blah blah blah, we wish to bestow upon you" and the item will appear in your backpack. (If you were around for either of the treasures of tokuno, its just like that only in the original dungeons).
You do not have to fight in a dungeon until you get one, the system remembers your points so you can go from dungeon to dungeon if you want, or just hunt for short periods of time, eventually you will get one.

I will list the random rewards:

Katrina's Crook
Jaana's Staff
Dragon's End (broadsword)
Sentinel's Guard (shield)
Lord Blackthorn's Exemplar (shield)
Helm of Spirituality
Gorget of Honesty
Breastplate of Justice
Arms of Compassion
Gauntlets of Valor
Legs of Honor
Solaretes of Sacrifice (boots)
Ankh Pendant
UO Logo Scuplture
Map of Britannia

Helm, Gorget, Breastplate, Arms, Gauntlets, Legs, Solaretes + the Cloak of Humility (which can be gotten only by a quest and only once for each character) will give you and all 70s resist, blessed suit.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
They are still dropping, just to confirm. We just got a few while doing some spawns.

Paidric

Paidric

The Youngherder [HLP]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
His initial question was : do they drop in other dungeons than anti-virtue ones. The answer is no, as far as I know. I have a friend who just returned and confirmed that to me. (well, he did hunt in both types of dungeons).

I will add a list of dungeons later when I have the time.

*LIST*

Covetous----Opposes----Sacrifice
Despise------Opposes----Compassion
Destard------Opposes----Valor
Deceit-------Opposes----Honesty
Hythloth-----Opposes----Humility
Shame-------Opposes----Honor
Wrong-------Opposes----Justice
"If deathrobes were bank checks... I'd be filthy rich!"

New in Ultima Online? Visit Haven Helpers
Trade at Ingame Auctions!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Risso

Risso

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Does anybody know if death disrupts the point system, meaning you start again with 0?

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
It does not.

Seamstra

Seamstra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
(Psst Her* BTW LOL)

Next question.. If you use a pet, does that slow down the points?

Hubby and I were fighting together and he was getting arties left and right, where I, using a pet, was not getting any. it was rather frustrating.

Arioch

Arioch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts
I believe there was some talk about having to be within a certain radius of the monster when it died to get the points. I seem to remember something about 15 tiles, due to some mages dropping EV's everywhere, but I am not 100% certain. Not sure if this 15 tile radius would have impacted your specific situation, but just in-case. Can anyone with a better memory confirm/bust this for us?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lord L'arr Hamerfeld

Seamstra

Seamstra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
That would make some sense as far as the EV dropping goes. hmm, till someone can confirm/Bust I'll try to keep within the 10 - 15 tile radius.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Can't confirm the distance thing, but if you're hidden or invis you do not get any points. So, it might very well be so.

Paidric

Paidric

The Youngherder [HLP]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
It's 14-15 tiles then your gains drop by half or more. If you are hidden when the monster die your gains drop by half aswell. So you need to stay visible.

The best way is to be on the same tile as your pet, then when the monsters spawn, to give an "all kill" on the strongest and hide while they all aggro your pet then unhide.
"If deathrobes were bank checks... I'd be filthy rich!"

New in Ultima Online? Visit Haven Helpers
Trade at Ingame Auctions!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
No wonder I'm not getting any drops. I kill Shadow Wyrms from a distance with EV/strangle.

Sheesh. That would have been nice to know 1200 shadow scales ago.

Creamy Goodness

Creamy Goodness

Antagonist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Another question about this... Anyone know if the "points" you receive for killing monsters in one dungeon are transferrable to another dungeon? Or do you have to stay in one dungeon to get an Arty?

Cymbria Devereux

Cymbria Devereux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Yep, if you move they move with you. In fact, I find that switching around between dungeons actually helps drops come a bit faster!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: arties, dropping, dungeons, virtue