Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Old vet, possibly to noob again.

- - - - - noob possibly vet

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Infinity

Infinity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Greetings all,

I used to play around these here parts quite a while ago. I was mainly an AOL Legends player that dabbled in Siege as well. All the way up until Age of Shadows, actually, and then the distraction of a move and new job, plus my stubborn nature against change lead me to have to shelf playing, then never seemed to find time to pick it up again. Blah blah blah.

Anyways, I was a heavy PvPer, heavy into factions. I am possibly going to give it another go because I loved UO and the community feeling, but.. With AoS came the change of.. well.. pretty much everything. Namely items being the basis of everything. You didn't have the spawn weapons and armor, you died. A 120x5 could get owned by a new char in full armor. I felt it robbed the whole experience of any skill being involved. What I am wondering is if time has given the game a chance to balance out. Things being more widely available, how hard and long to get a good pvper up? Plus with the faster casting/faster cast recovery stuff?

This is probably a little too wide and vague, but I'd really appreciate any input and personal opinions of how the system works now days. I'd love to come back and find a good gang to run with, but would I be satisfied?

Anything at all to help would be great.

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
You pretty much got the picture before you left.

UO is item based (PvP and PvM). They are doing what they can to balance items over skill and on top of that, balance the availabity of items to the average gamer.

It will still take some time to create a good PvPer, and in the end you will probably get killed by a 3rd party program :(

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Paidric

Paidric

The Youngherder [HLP]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
Rest assured, it's still Item based :)

Arties are a little cheaper nowadays and I expect runic armor to be cheaper too once the change to runic tools will kick in.

Though you'll still need some good lot of gold to equip yourself for PvP. Ornies on europa went from 40 to 10M overnight with the changes to Doom. PS are a bit cheaper nowadays too.

For the rest, I hope others will be able to answer more of your questions.
"If deathrobes were bank checks... I'd be filthy rich!"

New in Ultima Online? Visit Haven Helpers
Trade at Ingame Auctions!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jelinidas

jelinidas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
Just remember, your chars most likely still exist if you can remember your user name and PW! I just reactivated a couple of old accounts to see what was in the bank boxes. My kids play Legends and have a castle full of stuff. I can probably help ya out if you decide to return, and I sure hope ya do! Let me know.

Infinity

Infinity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I just may take you up on it. I had a castle when I left on Ice Isle on the Fel side. Farthest down on the bottom right coast. Whoever got to that when it fell scored a gold mine of stuff. Makes me cry to think about it.

I appreciate the replies, and if I can't get the old account back then well I guess a try for a month or two won't hurt, right?

Paidric

Paidric

The Youngherder [HLP]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
Watch out the addiction!

If you ever come to Europa, look for the HLP guild, we'll help you get a kickstart ;)
Welcome back to the best game ever, whatever the rest of the world thinks :) UO players can't be wrong!
"If deathrobes were bank checks... I'd be filthy rich!"

New in Ultima Online? Visit Haven Helpers
Trade at Ingame Auctions!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noob, possibly, vet