Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Uokr download

- - - - - download uokr

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

kayido

kayido

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Each time i download uork from the uo official web site or any other mirror , it is corrupt and broken!I mean that i cant unzip the file because it give me a error message each time, i tried to repair it using in-tool but its not use and still broken. Im quite annoyed now, its been 5 times i download 2 gig and it still not working ! Any idea why?

Kimi

Kimi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
The file is over 2Gb in size, as you've already mentioned.
2,380,728,370 bytes, to be exact.
Each one of those bytes is made up of 8 bits (a total of 19,045,826,960 1's or 0's, in effect).
Each bit, generally, has to be right.

Moving on.
Internet browsers come with their own download managers.
They have limited functionality, but are generally fine for your average download.
KR is not an average download ;)

What you're going to want to do is use a better download manager.
If you download from fileplanet, their download manager is apparently good enough.
If you use Firefox, then I'd recommend the DownThemAll addon.
For IE... GetRight, is probably your best bet, though hopefully someone else will suggest alternatives.
these download managers allow resuming. and unlike the default ones, won't pretend that the download completed, when it really just failed.

Another alternative, is to use BitTorrent protocol.
But, if you don't know what it is, you may as well forget I mentioned it. It's probably too much of an inconvenience for a single thing.

Finally, be glad you're not trying to download the 8Gb LOTRO client :P

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Good advice Kiminality

Also, what program are you using to unzip the archive?

kayido

kayido

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Ok i used download manager each time and now its been 6 time i download the damn thing , 6 times!!! Each time it was broken and i tried different download place , i tried repair programs too , nothing work ! I used wxdownload fast and flashget to download it . I also tried normal firefox but still no change...

kayido

kayido

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Im using winzip and winrar, but both give errors.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hmm that's no good
I'll download it and try myself
Out of curiousity, have run a virus scan of your pc lately? and/or an antispyware scan?

kayido

kayido

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Humm no not recently ... Could it affect a zip file ...?

kayido

kayido

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
OMG what a shame ..... Where winzip and winrar failed the windows basic unzippind program succeed..... Really weird. I got it unzipped now, thanx for your help , i still not understand why i succed this way im in awe now....

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I know spyware and/or viruses can sometimes effect installing programs and perhaps opening zip files
It's very unusual that you have had such bad luck
Might also be worth running a disk check to on the actuall harddrive.

I'm downloading a copy of UOKR from the gamedaily link right now, i'll let you know if I get the same error.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

OMG what a shame ..... Where winzip and winrar failed the windows basic unzippind program succeed..... Really weird.

Lol, awesome :)
Glad ya got it working

kayido

kayido

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yes thank you for your quick support ! ;) If someone has the same problem , maybe tell them to try the basic windows unzipping program :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: download, uokr