Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Real Skill vs Modified Skill: Request for equality

- - - - - equality modified real request skill

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Another good question raised by smile

Currently, we are unable to perform certain functions even when we meet the basic skill requirements with the help of skill enhancement items. One of these functions would be the combat special moves.

Basically, we have to wear these items in order to derive the advantage of performing these special moves. This is unlike other skills like necromancy where the benefits remain even after you take off those skill enhancement items. I really cannot understand the reason for the difference.

Devs, please consider this minor tweak in your list of changes. Thanks!

~~~~

Kiminality responded

Can of worms: Opened

The arguments of Real skill vs. Jewellery boosted skill are quite epic.
I think that skill bonus items are fine. Although bonus skill should probably have some drawbacks, rather than being exactly as real skill.

~~~~

Elric Sobhan agreed

I think the way it is right now is really stupid. When you put on +skill items, it SAYS:

"Your skill in SkillX has increased, it is now.. whatever."

the way it is right now, makes that statement FALSE. a LIE. It should read,

"your skill in SkillX has increased(but not really).. it is now at level X(but youl actually perform as well as if it was at level Y)

~~~~

Jeremy replied to the OP with.

So, one of the biggest complaints I'm seeing here is that skill jewelry can be inconsistent - it lets you do some thing but not others, and there's no real way to know how a given skill handles it. All balance issues aside, that's a valid issue.

E. Jeremy Dalberg
UO Community Coordinator
EA Mythic
www.uo.com

~~~~

Her reply seemed to keep smile smiling

yes jeremy... it includes mostly items, including armor, that has a +X skill attribute stated (where X is a numeric figure and not expressed in percentage).

Skill enhancing items were already introduced into the game with the AoS expansion; and I am not sure how UO can backtrack. So I'm looking from the perspective on how things could be improved given its current status.

Lastly, thanks for your attention on this thread. I know this issue is not the top priority and am therefore not expecting an immediate action from the devs on this. I just hope this issue would be included in the long list of "things to review or fix", regardless of whether the outcome is one that is desirable to me.

~~~~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

dhekke

dhekke

I am the Gosso King!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
I think Kiminality is right

We are Ultima Online

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
I don't understand why some skills with bonus help such example taming. You can buy the advance taming char and start with 85. When with tailis and jewelry be at 120 and it acts just like you are at 120 real skill. But with tactics you have to have 90 real skill in order to use the special weapon skills. It need to be the same across the board. If you can use items to get skill bonus for one skill then you should be able to use item bonuses for all the skills. Just my two cents.

Hey that is my 200th post!!!!

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
I'm in favor of skill jewelry helping all skills equally, but not nerfing taming/magery/necro/etc skills. I've worked my tamer for 5 years through normal play after buying an advanced char and the only way I can play it is with twink jewels.

Nerf them, and I will sadly close two accounts - one of which is 123 months.

Kimi

Kimi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

I think Kiminality is right

Crazy talk, tbh:P

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
I am not saying nerf them, just make everything equal. Allow people to use item bonuses for all skills not just some.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: equality, modified, real, request, skill