Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Whats Wi Th All The Rare Items Poping Up These Days

- - - - - days items poping rare wi

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
For the last week i have been conducting a personal survey in luna and brit of how many rare items i seen to help my curiousity with the ongoing duper problem so far and i will make this brief i have seen 15 pair of vine cords on diffritn characters on 11 oak leaf cloaks about 5 cloaks of destard and someone seling a lot of 5 runic hamers and a 10 runics heartwood fletching kits. Now i never said to be a uo hisstorian or genius but does anyone fins this alittle odd now the uo has had a masive layoff these items are starting to surface once again but it could also be just me putting 2 much time into this what do you all think.
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
Are you thinking along the lines that the layoffs have left EA with less manpower to catch dupers? It's possible. I don't know how many sightings of these rares would be "normal," though.

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
Kit i was definitly implying that, i think while uo is in a transistion stage the ugly people who like to screw uo are poping up again i have already have a list of scripters i came across but im sure that list would be endless if i really counted .I do know not just in uo seems to me some people like to look for a edge and whilei i wasent around for the big duper crap years ago i think we are starting to see it again this time they know uo is down man or woman power and they are more likely to get away with it.
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
My guess is that these items are "left overs" from the big duping era that was... People have been hiding them... till now.
There was that house that dropped... which belonged to a duper. Many items from there..

Posted Image

StoneCypher

StoneCypher

Legendary Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
Lot's of houses falling :o maybe remnants of those :)

Some good news:

"Looking For a Few Good Britannians!Jeremy Dalberg23 Jan 2008 16:33:34We're looking for programmers to work on UO! We have positions available for all experience levels - check out the job descriptions below!

We have the following positions available:

Software Engineer I
Software Engineer II
Software Engineer III

If you believe you have what it takes and are willing to move to the Fairfax, Virginia area, then please forward your resume to jdalberg AT ea DOT com. For further information about jobs available at EA Mythic, please go to: http://jobs.ea.com"
StoneCypher

DarksieD

DarksieD

The old guy from Atlantic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
No idea about the dupes....cool about the jobs though...maybe some of you smart people can go to work there and straighten this game out :)
Posted Image

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Well, there are also a lot of people leaving UO - maybe they're selling of their rares before they leave...? *still believing the good in people*

StoneCypher

StoneCypher

Legendary Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Well, there are also a lot of people leaving UO - maybe they're selling of their rares before they leave...? *still believing the good in people*

Oh yeah :( We're losing a lot of veteran players in UO. Houses falling left and right here on Baja. Direct corrolation to the high end items.
StoneCypher

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: days, items, poping, rare, wi