Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

A "Classic" UO Shard....which would you prefer?

- - - - - classic prefer shardwhich uo

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Guest_Amethyst Wave_*

Guest_Amethyst Wave_*
  • Guests
16 was cool i think been so long :)

Nicholi Ravnthorn

Nicholi Ravnthorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Pre AoS, Pub. 16 was good, just I found that after the add of AoS things went downhill (sadly)

Tefret

Tefret

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I couldn't cast my vote, cause it would be for "I like where we're going!" I liked all changes so far, and I'm a 5 year vet.

Posted Image

Kimmy

Kimmy

=^.^=

• Members
  • 1,128 posts
Pre Pub 16

Making Sosaria Beautiful one home at a time.

Posted Image

SpyderBite

SpyderBite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
PRS ---------->

Any questions?

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Do I have to give up my elven heritage?

illusion-METRO

illusion-METRO

An Old Schooler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Any pre:trammel will be fine. Heres how I see it.

I currently play a freeshard (which I know you all hate, and discourage) but let me tell you why me, and thousands others do. - We miss old school UO. The constant threat of danger, no trammel to run to, no artifacts, no spell delays, no power scrolls, house looting, stealing at the popular banks. Thats what we all miss, and I will guarantee you, that if OSI releases an old school/classic pre:tram shard (no insures either :grin: ) It will attract more people than they could imagine.

I also currently play WoW, and I dont know how many old UO players I've ran into. They were all like "Hell yea I'd come back if OSI had old school shard." The PvP and skill that people miss, was all ruined when AOS came out. I'm not here to bicker to you guys or anything. I just know that in the back of my head people would flock to a classic OSI shard. We were talking about it on our forums/IRC of the shard I play and so many people said they would go back to OSI if this happend.

This would be an extremely smart move by EA if they did this, they would make a ton of money, they would literally kill all the free shards, they would attract alot of people from WoW and Everquest, and people could reminisce the past that they once loved and knew as UO.

BTW - Heres some pics of what I currently play, (yes some of them were taken recently), don't you guys want to come back to this on OSI? Becuase me and thousands others sure do.

Keep in mind these pictures are not to promote, but to simply show what I'd love a classic OSI shard to be like.
-
-
Illusion:
-An erroneous perception of reality.
-An erroneous concept or belief.
-The condition of being deceived by a false idea.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Keep in mind these pictures are not to promote, but to simply show what I'd love a classic OSI shard to be like.
-
-

I'll leave this post up, but please don't advertise/link to the free shard in question
Thanks for the screenshots

illusion-METRO

illusion-METRO

An Old Schooler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Sorry, wasn't meant to. And I will not link to them. Thanks for informing me.
Illusion:
-An erroneous perception of reality.
-An erroneous concept or belief.
-The condition of being deceived by a false idea.

Guest_Arven_*

Guest_Arven_*
  • Guests
Illusion metro is right.

There are thousands of us playing on free Pre-UOR shards, and the vast majority of us would come back if a Pre-UOR Shard was put up.

I'm just glad EA is finally thinking about this, we've only been begging for it for 5 years now.

SpyderBite

SpyderBite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

(which I know you all hate, and discourage)

I wouldn't call it "hate". Its more of a matter of not overstepping an existing relationship that UOF has with EA. Also, many, many people here have tried PRS' before. The folks here don't "hate" PRS.. no reason to.. they don't effect our gameplay.

Now, a far as players rushing back to EA if they were to open a pre-whatever shard.. in my opinion, I don't think they'll have much of a choice. If EA begins marketing a Pre-whatever shard, I suspect they'll change the EULA VERY quickly to eliminate the competition, which at that point is what the PRS' would be doing. Offering a similar service, using likenesses of content and their code for a substantially lower cost.. Free. A change to a couple of those "gray areas" in the EULA and their competition is effectively wiped out over night.

LordCorwyn

LordCorwyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Well... I voted for Pre-AoS. I didn't play pre-Trammel, and I'm not quite sure I would have liked it really. I did, however, love publish 16. Bulk Order Deeds became an obsession. And I did quite well with them, considering I only had one tailor and one smith. Also liked the limit on tamers... it brought some balance to that class in my opinion.

swords79

swords79

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
2011 and nothing been done. 0.0

Yelena

Yelena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
and i don't think anything will be done about a classic shard as it will be a gimik and money sink that could just well kill the game

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Death comes in so meny forms and I know quite a few of them....http://img204.imageshack.us/i/yelenasig.jpg/

Kaelyn

Kaelyn

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,384 posts
Especially as EA does not have the old code and would have to start from scratch.

I still cannot believe they didn't keep the old server codes ...

CescoAiel

CescoAiel

Sir Lir, Ex-UO gamer "Sé do Beatha, mo chara"

• Members
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationNew Britannia
An Corp thread! :Rofl
BD Sig New

Bodhbh Dearg - Beginning avatar - Shroud of the Avatar
Sir Lir - Mage-Tamer - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Lugh Allcrafted - Beginning Crafter - United Order of Virtue
Aoife - New-born Necro-Mage - Council Sojourner - Avatars of Virtue
Cú Chulainn- Paladin - Avatars of Virtue

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
None of the above :)

Tanivar

Tanivar

Craftaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts
Pre:AoS is a better choice than Pre:Ren.

A Pre:Ren shard would be just an underpopulated Felucca with no source of Trammel Players to draw into Fel with the various baits used on normal shards.The bored PKers will just close their accounts again because the Pre:Ren Classic Shard isn't any fun for them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Moving forward is a Good Thing, but EA needs to consider they've made a wrong turn somewhere and are not going the right way. The route they are taking is shedding Customers and not picking up many new ones.

What that one or more wrong turns were is something they have to dig into their records, look at the competition, and figure out to get back to moving forward on the path to more Customers coming in than are leaving. Can they do it, or is our destiny to be playing on free-shards?

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
Would "pre 16" be Third Dawn or LBR?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tanivar

Tanivar

Craftaholic

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Would "pre 16" be Third Dawn or LBR?

Publishes - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

Looks like just prior to AoS. After powerscrolls and other changes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Moving forward is a Good Thing, but EA needs to consider they've made a wrong turn somewhere and are not going the right way. The route they are taking is shedding Customers and not picking up many new ones.

What that one or more wrong turns were is something they have to dig into their records, look at the competition, and figure out to get back to moving forward on the path to more Customers coming in than are leaving. Can they do it, or is our destiny to be playing on free-shards?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: classic, prefer, shardwhich, uo