Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Top PvP Templates?

- - - - - pvp templates top

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
You should raise the Snugg's rental fee so you can go on vacation.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh Maja!

Oh Maja!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
For the record I have paid for the accounts for the last 2 years so stay away from MY vet rewards! =)
Posted Image

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Ruh Roh....

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Dentrix

Dentrix

Gimp of Pain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
This is my template on atlantic.. it works well..

120 mage
120 med
120 resist
120 eval
110 necro
120 spiritspeak

Use a wand (healing)
-No Shield
-Use Potions
An Orny-
a 3/1 Ring or a +1 ring and inquis
and rest put into lrc/mr/lmc/resists

Thats just about it. I hope it helped!!

Posted Image
I'm back. :D

Phix

Phix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
"Chiv is useless" Indeed you are mistaken. Unless you have 5+ stam regen on your suit, good necros will have no problem taking your stamina all the way down =/.

I don't use chiv to heal =P Remove curse and divine fury are the only reason I have chiv on my necro/mage. Both are to counter other necros (necro being the most popular template). If my karma is high enough and I get DPed, I'll use cleanse by fire.

Yes you can use apples. If you rely on apples to remove curses, great. I'd personally rather use a spell to get rid of strangle or corpse than an item that once I die and get looted is far gone and lost. If you only gate fight, this would make sense.

To truly understand something, change it.

Vally

Vally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
I guess I don't have that problem of dying and losing my apples plus most people including myself have corpse proof suits now-a-days. Also I'd rather not lose 20 dci to refresh my stam when refresh pots work just fine. Plus gate fighting is lame-o nothing but a buncha blues waiting to all flag the same red.

Phix

Phix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
Obviously no one dies who posts in these forums...why would you lose your 100+ pots and apples.

Vally

Vally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
Well if you play smart enough and know how to pick your battles you generally wont die in this game, and who honestly carries 100 pots...go out with 10 and come back with 100 maybe but never the other way around.

Oh Maja!

Oh Maja!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
how you gonna work your karma up enough to cure... but it's high enough to remove curse? Isn't that the other way around...

and the whole dispute started over not having enough karma and claiming you won't need to work it up....:X
Posted Image

Phix

Phix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
I never talked about working karma up. But since we are on the topic: You can work your karma up by simply casting EV's in red mage rooms and doing a spawn or two without using wither.

Wither is STRONG for raids but you can always go into form and still use EQ or other spells.

Sure it takes time, but UO has never benefited lazy people. Unless you use scripts of course.

VALLY: carry 10 apples and see how long you last against me.

Vally

Vally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
Hell I most likely wouldn't need any to kill you cause nothing you can cast on me would bother me.

Oh Maja!

Oh Maja!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

There is also nothing wrong with gaining karma. If you are at a spawn your karma will sky rocket...where most pvp counts :>

This is only true if you use your magery at the spawn. However, necro in wraith + wither is much more effective at a spawn then a mage is. EQ has a teired effect and is not as powerful in upper levels of spawn. Besides... are you going to NOT be a necro for the sake of preserving karma?

It all comes down to what I said - in personal preference... for the ability to remove curse and divine fury (don't need cures or heals with mage)... it's not worth me spending the time and skill points and actually paying attention enough to my karma for me to justify having chiv w/ any less than 4/6... which is not possible with a mage template. 2 spells are nto worth that kind of dedication from me, especially when they are available else where.

And Vally/Phlix: I only carry 1 - if any - apples and I do just fine. You both suck :P

Phix: Are you insinuating that I'm a scripter because I won't work Karma? lol
Posted Image

Phix

Phix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
No I am not calling you a scripter I just said they are out there.

4/6 chiv necro is nice. Karma then effects your heals, cures, remove curse and your general healing. 4/6 chiv necros most definately need to work karma =P.

Vally: Nothing I cast on you will bother you? What skill makes you immune to mage spells?

Vally

Vally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
I was referring to the necro part of your template that you keep going on about but hell if you want to talk pure mage then I'm truly not worried.

Oh Maja!

Oh Maja!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
Unless you want to remove curse you don't need to work karma. 4/6 chiv heals, even with NO karma, heal for almost as much as a greater heal, but as fast as a mini heal. This is HUGE. Karma would only magnify the huginess of this hugism.

My necro hsa never ever ever worked karma. with 4/6 I heal just fine, cure just fine, divine fury just fine.

w/ 2/6 casting you heal slower than a greater heal... and if you have magery well then that doesn't make alot of sense. Use magery - heal as much but faster w/o karma affecting it in anyway.

The only thing you need karma for is remove curse, everything else is doable. With the mage template the OP suggested then you don't need chiv at all as you won't be 4/6, you'll be 2/6. And 2/6 casting is slower than mage casting... and as we've said are healable/curable/recoverable from elsewhere in the game.

You dont need karma for chiv to be effective - only for remove curse. Karma just makes it more potent.
Posted Image

Achilles

Achilles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
The best pvp template is
120 magery
120 eval
120 magic resist
120 wrestle
120 parry
120 med
:)
Just gotta know what your doing.

Vally

Vally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

The best pvp template is
120 magery
120 eval
120 magic resist
120 wrestle
120 parry
120 med
:)
Just gotta know what your doing.

That is a horrible template unless you plan on having 80 dex and damn near no int.

To be frank the best mage field temp is a wanding or -20 mage weapon necro so you can chug pots.
The best dueling temp and a pretty damn solid template all around is a inscribe mage.

I really don't understand why everyone seems to think parry is good on a mage still...stack your dci above 35 and have 120 fighting skill you'll be just fine, that is if you know how to pvp.

Achilles

Achilles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

That is a horrible template unless you plan on having 80 dex and damn near no int.

To be frank the best mage field temp is a wanding or -20 mage weapon necro so you can chug pots.
The best dueling temp and a pretty damn solid template all around is a inscribe mage.

I really don't understand why everyone seems to think parry is good on a mage still...stack your dci above 35 and have 120 fighting skill you'll be just fine, that is if you know how to pvp.

I been gone for a while and havent even played my mage since i been back, what did they do to parry???

Vally

Vally

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
Not sure how long ago at least a couple months by now, but what they did was make it so the parrying skill requires 80 dex to be effective. In short dexxers cried to EA about parry mages and them being to hard to hit so they made it so you have to have the 80 dex for you to parry effectively. Sorry for kinda down playing you but I've been on the boards a couple of days and given tons of information that no one seems to understand even in its most basic format.

Achilles

Achilles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
ahh i been gone for like a year and a half ty for lettin me know i would hopped on my mage and got owned hahaha looks like im gonna have to switch up my mage too i already had to drop ninjitsu off my dexxer cause they nerfed DS while i was gone

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pvp, templates, top