Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Limiting Item Insurance, good idea? bad idea?

- - - - - bad good idea insurance item limiting

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Dark Angel of NK^L

Dark Angel of NK^L

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
I dont think the idea is good for this simple fact that the new players will lose alot of items :/
Posted Image

The Idea Is Not To Die For Your Country, But To Make The Other Bastard Die For His!!!

:shocked:<P ALIGN=CENTER>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2" src="http://www.codeamber.org/js/codea.js">
</script>

Dealin'Burgers69

Dealin'Burgers69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

I dont think the idea is good for this simple fact that the new players will lose alot of items :/

What these "new" players dont realize is that UO was fine without insurance and that people were meant to lose items back then, and then in the long run that helps commerce and trade between players.

These new players don't realize that UO survived for nearly 5 years without insurance, and there is no reason why UO won't survive without insurance, or at least limited insurance.

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

Limiting insurance is good.

Not much to say on this topic except that if insurance is finally taken away, then crafting will become viable, and there will be an actual flow of money between players, of buying goods from each other. Not a stagnant economy that we have now where items don't decay. I mean come on, stuff has to break down and fall apart some day! I remember having to repair my shields and armor pre-AOS because of the battles I got into so much, but the more I repaired the armor, the less durability it had, thus creating a need for more equipment from player run vendors.

Get rid of insurance, and you will see commerce between players again.

Think about what you said here... I'll give you a minute...

done? Ok. Is the problem Insurance? Anyone? No... didn't think so.

Insurance is not the problem, we would be fine if insurance stayed the same, but if they took out 2 things from the game and bring back onethen what is aimed for could be accomplished. Take out powder of fortification and self repair X and bring back items breaking at 0/0 and you will have what you want.

Dark Angel of NK^L

Dark Angel of NK^L

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
Ok is whats going to happen is that these new changes coming up will completely kill uo or bring people back its a big chance!!
Posted Image

The Idea Is Not To Die For Your Country, But To Make The Other Bastard Die For His!!!

:shocked:<P ALIGN=CENTER>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript1.2" src="http://www.codeamber.org/js/codea.js">
</script>

Tovladian Soltyr

Tovladian Soltyr

Timeless Treasures Co-Owner

• Members
  • 1,521 posts
I don't think Insurance is one of EA's biggest conserns at this point in time with people complaining about some many other things like PvP balance and such. I personally don't see a big issue with insurance, it saves me a lot of time on having to look for a new suit everytime I don't make it back to my body in the alloted number of minutes they give you. With as long as it's been in game now I doubt they are just going to take it out. Insurance in essence outside of PvP is mainly just a gold sink, so them increasing the amount of gold per item wouldn't really suprise me. In essence though insurance being a good thing, or a bad thing is all in the eye of the beholder. I honestly don't think it's one of the major issues in game though. :)
Posted Image
Timeless Treasures Auctions on Legends Grand Re-Opening to be announced - Contact me for more info

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bad, good, idea, insurance, item, limiting