Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Healing training?

- - - - - healing training

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

bugger

bugger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
Fastes way to from 111 to 120? Is it just hack n slash and heal or is there another way to train?

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
If you have a friend who doesn't mind being a ghost. Just keep trying to rezz him while he declines. Much faster then healing yourself while fighting :)

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

bugger

bugger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
Thanks for the tip...I shall ask around to se if any of my friends are up to be ghost for several days of training :D

Ciar2001

Ciar2001

MrGit Of

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
is there a way to gain skill from mid 70's to 120?
Ciar O'Murchada ~ Cats/Europa UO {Sold}
Ciar O'Murchada ~ Europa {Reborn 2008}
Diabhalta Droch ~ Shadowblade~Mordred
Losing sleep since 1997 !!

Kaveros Sennald

Kaveros Sennald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

If you have a friend who doesn't mind being a ghost. Just keep trying to rezz him while he declines. Much faster then healing yourself while fighting :)

Vepl

I noticed this response is several months old now so I am wondering, is this still a good way to train Healing at high levels?

The reason I ask is because I tried this yesterday, repeatedly resurrected a ghost for about an hour and only got a single gain (that's right. 0.1 gain.)

So is this still valid, or has EA introduced code to prevent people from gaining by doing this?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nydon

Nydon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
i dont know if its still done this way or not , but YEARS ago when we leveled it like this we were on a boat heading north along the east server line for best gains . havent tried it since i have been back in game tho , so not sure if thats still the best way .
Posted Image

Check out my wife's ebay please......lots of great stuff.....
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/pj301972

Kaveros Sennald

Kaveros Sennald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
I remember way back in the day hearing about people who would build skills while sailing along server lines. I'm not sure if I want to try that though and end up being accused of exploting. I mean, I'm not sure if that fits the definition but I'd rather not risk it.

Anyway, I had tried resurrecting the ghost in my house. After that only produced a single gain, I tried moving outside since I think I had read somewhere that some skills are supressed inside player housing (as far as gain, anyway). But resurrecting outside didn't help either.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nydon

Nydon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
someone correct me if i'm wrong , but gaining skills on a boat is 100% legal , just dont macro it unatended . 1st time i heard about it was from an old IGM , WAY back in the day . so unless this has been changed , and i dont think it has , its all good .

* thinks back to all the power hours spent on a boat , magery , med , vet , 1st aide ......aahh , the memories * brings a tear to me eye
Posted Image

Kaveros Sennald

Kaveros Sennald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
Ah ok, that works for me then. Definately not unattended though heh =)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Darla

Darla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
I have to defer to someone that has experienced in this effort. UO seems to look for ways nerf tricks. I have been around for a rather long time and I like healing for my warriors. Standing next to another warrior and x-healing is tough for the monster.

The last thing I did was the ghost trick and I found out the .1 gain for each two hours not worthwhile.

Then, I started looking at benefits for the higher numbers and concluded that it wasn't worth it and that 95 gave no failures. I do keep my anatomy higher (110) on my warriors.

I guess, for the discussion, I offer the consideration of staying at 95 and using the skill points elsewhere.

Darla

Nydon

Nydon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
acualy i agree , not much point that i can see in going that high , i stop at andwhere between 85 and 100 on healing , depending on the temp. but the rezing on a boat is a good way to get gains past 80 ish , or was , havent tried it yet with my sampire . thats the one thing about that class , i dont heal alot , his healing in in the 70's still and most everything else on him is 100-120 ....lol
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: healing, training