Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Taming problems in KR?

- - - - - kr problems taming

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

person0meg@

person0meg@

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Heres the situation:
When playing 2D everything works fine. However, when I play KR taming does not work.
First, when I try to tame an animal (goat, dog, horse) it tells me "that creature cannot be tamed".
Second, when I try to do animal lore on a tame horse or dog that was bought from a stable it tells me "that is not an animal".
The same thing happens with my necro when I have a shadow wolf/death adder and try taming wolves/snakes.
I have a supercomputer:
x6800 pentium
4 gigs ram /physical address extension
2/300gig RAID0 7200rpms HDs
2 SLI Geforce 8800 Ultras
680i nVidia chipset mobo
Vista Ultimate 32bit
Other then MAYBE Vista the system is NOT the problem.
Anyone else having similar problems, or know of a fix?

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
If you have taming and animal lore macroed. Be sure that you have right clicked the macro , pick "Target" then "Cursor". I think it defaults to current otherwise.

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

person0meg@

person0meg@

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Not using macros.
Just dragged the icon from skills list to the default number keys hotbar. Animal is definitely selected as the target (spinning gold ring around the animal).

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I had the same problem, I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't let me tame, so gave up and used 2d

person0meg@

person0meg@

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Been a long night....I figured it out. Even if you just drop the icon to the hotbar without making a macro you still have to assign target/cursor. I would have thought it worked the same way it did when used from the skills list (ie. Drop icon to #9, push 9 and the target cursor would appear). Nope, you have to do right click stuff to it. I am new to KR and still getting used to the interface. Lesson learned.

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Glad you got it worked out person0meg@ :)

I should of mentioned it doesn't matter if it is a hotbar macro or just a macro :-/

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA

Even if you just drop the icon to the hotbar without making a macro you still have to assign target/cursor.

Yup that's the ticket. Glad you got it working! Despite the fact that I still end up reporting at least a couple bugs a day in KR (sometimes repeating ones I've known were there just because I'm irritated that they aren't getting fixed!), the hotbars, macros, and user interface just make it so much easier to play that I've stuck with KR.

The only thing I don't like about taming in KR, particularly when lead-taming (like with cu sidhe's) is that you have to keep pressing your taming macro button repeatedly to repeat taming attempts. In 2D, you could just hold the button down. It's a lot harder for those of us coordinationally-challenged to click at two different speeds (left hand clicking the button repeatedly and right hand clicking the mouse to walk at the right pace to stay ahead of the pup!)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kr, problems, taming