Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Heartwood Recipes.. some info please

- - - - - heartwood info recipes

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Eks'Edrin

Eks'Edrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
I have a mule, am working blacksmith, carpentry, tinker, and bowcraft recipes. A long time ago someone told me to do the "recipe's that use the least amount of materials", ( like "A simple bow" make 10 "bows" and get craftsman's satchel). They had said it was totally random what you would get in the satchels.

My question is... Is that true, or do you get a better chance for something nicer in the onces that cost you more materials? It seems to take forever to get anything good. And I have never gotten a Runic Bowcrafting Kit.

Eks'Edrin

Eks'Edrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
If that don't beat all... I'm sitting here, doing bowcrafting recipes, and I just got an Oak Runic Kit. (It was in place of a recipe). I was doing "A Simple Bow". But my original question still stands.

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
I it is all random. I was there one day for like 5 hours and did every quest execpt for the carp one and got nothing. no rare recipes and no runic kit. But I was there about 2 weeks before that and got 2 ask kits in 2 hours. So it is random.

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
you let me know what you find out.. i'm new at that too!

Eks'Edrin

Eks'Edrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
Thank you. I guess I'll just keep doing the "Cheap" quests, and hope.

Eks'Edrin

Eks'Edrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

you let me know what you find out.. i'm new at that too!

Just spent 1 1/2 hours at Heartwood, doing bow quests. Did a few crossbow quests, mostly normal bow.

Got 14 recipes, some talismans, and jewelry, a nice longbow. and an Oak Runic Kit ( first time ever ). 2 of the recipes I had not previously known, but they were not rare. :-/

I used up 1600 wood from my Giant Beetle. I will spend more time there over the next several days. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
I think the possibility is slightly higher for upper end quests, but you have chances for runics with all of them...by slightly it's probably like a fraction of a percent in the randomizer...good question though, good luck getting an accurate answer!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
I dont think it s ever been publicly admitted there is a higher chance doing harder recipes, I think this has been an assumption on the player base. I personally have worked every recipe hundreds of times and the resulting drops (both rare recipes and runics ) has been completely random in fact I have received more rare recipes doing the easier recipes than the harder.

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
Have you done the easier ones the same number of times as the harder ones? I've heard someone state this similarity before, but when questioned, they would do one beetle full of wood on 'easier' quests, and one beetle full on 'harder' quests, not doing them the same amount of times...

Either way, it's interesting speculation since like you said, I don't think there's ever been factual developer comment one way or the other.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
As far as I know, it is completly random.
None of the crafter quests are really hard - you don't need very much skill to do them - only the price of the materials differ. So yeah, I'm pretty sure it random, but I don't have a reliable source either.

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Have received all the possible fletcher recipes, but still never any runic kit.
Posted Image

Eks'Edrin

Eks'Edrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
Wow... I had no idea when I asked my question that I would get such a great response.

I went to Heartwood this morning.. with 2000 boards, did nothing but Bows ( a simple bow ).

I got several nice talismans, jewelry, a couple bows. 20 recipes, one was Sylvani's Faewood Bow, and a YEW runic kit.

Tomorrow I will do the same amount of wood.. but do crossbows, they take the same amount of wood, but more skill.

Eks'Edrin

Eks'Edrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
Worked with 2000 wood doing Normal Crossbows, pretty much the same outcome. Recipes showed up about the same.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: heartwood, info, recipes