UOForums Holiday Deco Contest (2007/2008) DISCUSSION thread.

I can't possibly just let you win with no competition ;)

I'm very surprised at how few entries there are, really! Holiday decorating used to be a huge deal in-game (though I really do want to get my real-life decorations DOWN!)

I'm very surprised at how few entries there are, really! Holiday decorating used to be a huge deal in-game (though I really do want to get my real-life decorations DOWN!)

Oh I know, I was expecting a ton of entries. And ditto on getting the rl deco down!! I not only have my place but also a BUTTLOAD at work, now I'm wishing I hadn't gotten so carried away here at work lol.

I think it's more because of how simplified deco is now, it doesn't take 'art' anymore, everything is available in one piece. And those who do try to be artistic usually get harassed in game or have people come along that try to mess up what they've spent so much time working on. It's truly saddening. I remember how proud I was of myself for my first aquarium that took hours and hours of cloth shading and stacking, and now we have those big things that you just plop down....

I'm still debating entering, I just can't figure out how I'd manage when my keep is already at max capacity :(

I'm still debating entering, I just can't figure out how I'd manage when my keep is already at max capacity :(

That's always the challenge! I wasn't planning on entering, but I ended up adding an account and therefore had a blank house to build and deco. I wouldn't have been able to do it otherwise! How on earth do we accumulate so much STUFF?? :)

heh I inherited a lot of mine from an old friend that quit...that and I pvpd for a while so I kept a lot of stuff to attempt to enhance and then just sort of stopped playing and haven't gotten rid of anything yet hehe I should prolly do that soon... *nods*

*chuckles* Wonder how fast I can spam myself up to 50 posts? :P Some drawbacks in being a reader, not a writer ;)

*edits* Actually, I must've had another account on here - I know I been a member a lot longer than 3 months! Not that I ever posted on that one either :P

*chuckles* Wonder how fast I can spam myself up to 50 posts? :P Some drawbacks in being a reader, not a writer ;)

*edits* Actually, I must've had another account on here - I know I been a member a lot longer than 3 months! Not that I ever posted on that one either :P

:P A quick way to double your posts is to not edit, and make a new post with what you intend to edit with.

*looks innocent*

What? It was something I just though of, really... it was.

*chuckles at you both*

So, basically I have to forget all the "good forum manners" I've ingrained into myself for a few days? ;)

I'm sure I can do that! :laugh:

[video=youtube;_rAHnwWfsaY]

*chuckles at you both*

So, basically I have to forget all the "good forum manners" I've ingrained into myself for a few days? ;)

I'm sure I can do that! :laugh:

Go to the slambook section and answer a lot of questions and polls *nods*

Well, I finally got my entry posted. I am sorry that the pictures are so big. How do I get it where they show up as little ones that you click on to get the larger version? Oh well. At least I have entered. I love the giant Christmas tree Kit!! That is beautiful.

I hope more people enter. It would be cool to get 3rd place in the first house design contest I enter, but to place 3rd when there are only 3 entries..... not too sure how I would feel about that. hehe

Good luck to all who enter.:D

I love the giant Christmas tree Kit!! That is beautiful.

I hope more people enter. It would be cool to get 3rd place in the first house design contest I enter, but to place 3rd when there are only 3 entries..... not too sure how I would feel about that. hehe

Thanks! and LOL!!! Hey, a prize is a prize, right? :P

I love your poinsettas on the stairs! I've never seen that done, which is ironic because people do it in real life :) Great job!

Hey Mum! Of course, a cookie house!! Awesome!! How did you get the barkeep inside your heart shaped bar? Did you have to place the barkeep then finish building the bar?

Love the reindeer on the side of the house drinking from the tub :)