Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Doom Archer

- - - - - archer doom

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

AbbyRose

AbbyRose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
I was thinking of making an archer to do some doom gauntlet runs with, and I need to know what weapons would be ideal, and what are most realistic to obtain.

I usually play my Tamer, so I neglected my archer, here is what she has and she is human. I am open to template suggestions and minor retooling.

230 Stat Cap:
Before Any Modifications:
87 Str
98 Dex
45 Int

720 Cap From Veteran Status

102 Anatomy /110
107 Archery /110
75 Chivalry
100 Focus
96 Healing
99 Resisting Spells
101 Tacics /110

Equipment wise, I was thinking of taking the full virtue set to save on insurance costs, or should I look for something like that darkwood set, or go for something LRC/LMC related and just bite the bullet on resists and insurance.

I also need to know about bows, what are optimal (I doubt I can afford a dual slayer for the DF currently.)

I know I need a 100% fire weapon (so i don't have to spam concentrate against Flesh Renders) a demon slayer and an undead slayer. I went through my collection and posted what I think are my best options, and I need to know if they will suffice, and what Jewelery to complement them with. Also, should I only take arror or bolt firing weapons, or a mix of each?

Fire Weapon Options:
#1 Regular Bow HLL 23%, DI 33%, 100% Fire
#2 Heavy X-Bow HLD 12%, DI 40%, 100% Fire

Demon Options:
#1 Composite HCI 11%, FC 1
#2 Repeater HLL 9%, DI 8% (only demon x-bow)

Undead:
#1 Regular Bow HCI 2%, DI 15%
#2 X-Bow, HCI 4%, DI 25%

From reading a lot of stratics posts, it seems like everyone wants high Mana Leech on archers to spam chiv abilities and specials, does this still hold true?

Any and all advice to make this into a viable character for doom is appreciated. Thanks in advance! :D

Posted Image

Lady Devika
// Legendary Tamer of Great Lakes

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Personally, I'd swap Focus for Bushido and skills would look like

115 Archery
115 Bushido
115 Resist
110 Anatomy
100 Tactics
90 Healing
75 Chiv

Str 90 (or as much needed to get HP above 100 w/ items)
Dex 120 (minimum)
rest into Int

As a human, I'd try to get Spell Weaving (JOAT - 20 gives you a small sampling of spells which can be useful) and wear medable armor. Armor and jewels you're looking for 70's resist, +HP, MR, LMC, +Stam, HCI/DCI, DI.

Weapons - I'd test out the ones you have to see how effective they'd be, but without Mana Leech on any of them I'd personally stick with heavier hitting (x-bows) or fast hitting with moderate damage (magical shortbows) weapons with high ML.

Why Bushido over Focus - You can overcome the lack of Focus with Mana (Divine Fury for Stam, better armor for MR) and with Bushido you can Honor your opponents to gain DI, heal on the run (timing is crucial), and get an HCI/DI boost (lightning strike/criticals).

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Moony

Moony

Legendary Sampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
DiP, isn't that a little PvP orientated, also?
GM in: Dying and Running Away, then Dying

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

DiP, isn't that a little PvP orientated, also?

Haha, good point, hard to stay away from your roots I guess.

But for the most part, with any build, and specially for Archers, template and gear that leans towards PvP usually works well with the higher end PvM aspect.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Moony

Moony

Legendary Sampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
Yeah, although they might not think like humans, they are pretty tuff
GM in: Dying and Running Away, then Dying

AbbyRose

AbbyRose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
Again about weapons. I just pulled this bow today, I wish it had SSI.

Composite Bow
ML 32%
HLD 32%
HCI 7%
DI: 43%

Will this work for doom (I'm slightly worried about its speed because of no SSI)? In fact, do I even need a slayer weapon in there with an archer due to EoE, Honor and Equipment I'm wearing (like Primer On Arms, etc.)

Posted Image

Lady Devika
// Legendary Tamer of Great Lakes

Pennywise

Pennywise

Crumbpicker, dat der Renaissance Manz of da Werlds!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

I was thinking of making an archer to do some doom gauntlet runs with, and I need to know what weapons would be ideal, and what are most realistic to obtain.

I usually play my Tamer, so I neglected my archer, here is what she has and she is human. I am open to template suggestions and minor retooling.

230 Stat Cap:
Before Any Modifications:
87 Str
98 Dex
45 Int

720 Cap From Veteran Status

102 Anatomy /110
107 Archery /110
75 Chivalry
100 Focus
96 Healing
99 Resisting Spells
101 Tacics /110

Equipment wise, I was thinking of taking the full virtue set to save on insurance costs, or should I look for something like that darkwood set, or go for something LRC/LMC related and just bite the bullet on resists and insurance.

I also need to know about bows, what are optimal (I doubt I can afford a dual slayer for the DF currently.)

I know I need a 100% fire weapon (so i don't have to spam concentrate against Flesh Renders) a demon slayer and an undead slayer. I went through my collection and posted what I think are my best options, and I need to know if they will suffice, and what Jewelery to complement them with. Also, should I only take arror or bolt firing weapons, or a mix of each?

Fire Weapon Options:
#1 Regular Bow HLL 23%, DI 33%, 100% Fire
#2 Heavy X-Bow HLD 12%, DI 40%, 100% Fire

Demon Options:
#1 Composite HCI 11%, FC 1
#2 Repeater HLL 9%, DI 8% (only demon x-bow)

Undead:
#1 Regular Bow HCI 2%, DI 15%
#2 X-Bow, HCI 4%, DI 25%

From reading a lot of stratics posts, it seems like everyone wants high Mana Leech on archers to spam chiv abilities and specials, does this still hold true?

Any and all advice to make this into a viable character for doom is appreciated. Thanks in advance! :D

J-j-just don't be one of dem Candy Ass that drive ole Dark Fader off da gate away from us tanks and mules. We be bleeden' for good reason. Archers m-m-mess tings up lurin' dee ole man off da gate and gettin' brothers killed you know.

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Look at this boys and girls

I feel more you hit and do damn the more you get chance for artis....
I feel the more you damn and more you do the more you get artis...
I feel the better you are the more you hit and the more you get artis...
I feel the more you have in items the better you will do...

so look this is my archer.. and artis drop like candy

Doom 101

120 anatomy
100 archery (hunter's +20)
100 bushido
60 chivarly
100 heal
120 meditation
120 tactics

use
demon night reaper bow
double hit and such moving shot if need.
3rd, 5th and dark father.
what is do is double strike doing 66-88 or so then at times when crit 104-122 and such now this is dub but not true could have like 66-88 damn then have be anything from same or 133 or so.

undead
mischef maker for
1st and 4th room
mostly 40s to 55 or so then 144+ in crits

3rd room I use cross bow
if can get one with fireball and speed and di
if you can like mine get with this
44 fireball, 42 volosity, 35 def, 40 swing, and 48 damn inc

I do in room 55 +8-12+10 to 88+ 8-12+10 and crit for 133+8-12+10 to 166 +8-12+10 damn.

Stats are the thing
100 str, 30 dex, and 125 int
100 str, 58 dex, and 168+ mana
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
Stats:
Str (rest)
Dex 150(with items)
Int 50
(your perspective on this one will help...)

Skills:
Archery 120
Tactics 120
Anatomy 120
Bushido 120
Healing 90
Chivalry 90(or more)
Necro 60(or less, depends of how many items yopu have to get you to 99)

Items:
demon slayer heavy X bow (faster the better)
undead slayer (mischief maker wil do)
midnight bracers + ossian grimoire + bloodwood talisman + ring/bracer with necro skill = goal, get your necro to 99
(so you are able to cast vampiric embrace, 99 skill minimum... use scrolls from the DF! to improve your chances...)
Essence of Battle, StormGrip, Spirit of Totem, ring with HCI/DI... talisman for 10% DI (this will give you HCI/DI...)
Runebeetle Carapace, gorget, sleeves and leggings with MR and high resist... (for LMC and MR...)
bandages
beetle (bonded)

Tactics:
Necro- Use your items go cast Vampiric Embrace...
Chiv- Go to each room, cast Enemoy of One, consecrate weapon (lasts 2 hits), divine fury (hit faster and more often...), Dispel Evil to push the spawn away...
Bushido- Honor your foes for luck and critical hits, lightning strike (+hci), Honorable Execution when foes are about to die...

Video guide:

HAVE FUN!

PS: look how Pantera hunts... when you reach his level, you have conquered Doom...

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
For Doom, I took my PvP archer, which looked like this:

120 Archery
120 Bush
115 Resist
100 Tactics
105 Anatomy
90 Healing
70 Chivalry

She is 100/140/58 on Str/Dex/Int

I stoned off resist, and put 100 med on her, and am letting tactics rise, so she now is looking like this:

120 Archery
120 Bushido
115 Tactics
105 Anatomy
100 Meditation
90 Healing
70 Chivalry

The only thing I noticed was I get para'd a little more, and when the creepers, abysmalls or the DF cast stuff on me it lasts longer. But with the extra mana regen I'm a lightning strike machine, and my damage per room has gone up a ton, and as evidence, I scored two Hats of the Magi and an Orny yesterday.:) The only thing I might change is dropping anatomy to 100 and taking chivalry to 75 as I sometimes fizz EOO several times before it goes...not always, but it can be annoying when it does happen.

For bows, I use a Mischief Maker, Night Reaper, and for the fleshies I have a high HL, HML, SSI, DI regular bow I use, though if I can find one like it with fire instead of lightning I may give it a whirl.

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Ya with that using med you do get par but not that much but you do as much damn but more since you can do that lighting strike forever and do other stuff 14 or more times then med and easy. Most go 2 or so times around I get them in one time around and if not im amazed and sometimes get 2 per one time around.

Good luck
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: archer, doom