Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Low numbers of people using UOKR?

- - - - - low numbers people uokr

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
According to this thread http://boards.strati...t&selv=&vwhich=

Whenever you log into UOKR, you automatically get placed into a "Global chat channel", which apparently, lets you see how many people are using the UOKR client
According to that thread...there isn't many, heh.

Shame if true, I think UOKR has a lot of potential.

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
Weeee! That IS really low O_o though most really like thier 2D which is okay too but I didn't expect that

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Adrianna Danere

Adrianna Danere

Stop staring at my daishos

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 681 posts
I'd actually happily give KR a shot instead, but my 'puter is too much of an old geezer to run it. So 2D is the only option.

Used to play 3D.

Anyway, what I mean is, here's at least one 2D player who isn't playing it because it's the best, but because it's the only.

Posted Image

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Same for me Adri.I WOULD play KR,but 2d is the only option I have also.

Although personally I am partial to the 2d client :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rhale

rhale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
further in that thread, someone posted the /listplayers command that works in KR chat. I think this may be a more accurate way of measuring who is actually in KR.

From the playing around I did, /listplayers does not include 2d players logged into chat, but does include KR players who have chosen to leave chat (only me ;) from when I was looking).

It also appears that the player id numbers are based on character creation date. Wonder who has id #1 :)

Aurelius

Aurelius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
Hmm... Europa, 7:30 on an evening so reasonably busy, I'd have thought - and /listplayers returns a whole 27 people. That looks rather bad for KR.

And as for who has number one - my 'Aurelius' character was the first one I created, over 9 years ago , and apparently he's 9274797 - so it looks unlikely to be a 'consecutive' numbering system unless people had gone through 30 or 40 characters each in the first year, possible but it seems a bit high!

Lady Flame (DrR)

Lady Flame (DrR)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
KR runs like the old dial up with houses etc being drawn in slowly and the old style server line lag. I try it every week or two but never stay more than 5 minutes. So it 2D for me.
Posted Image

Drakelord

Drakelord

The old man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Although personally I am partial to the 2d client :)

Me to

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts
KR runs fine for me, i just hate it

moxie_denzien

moxie_denzien

resident red robot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

I'd actually happily give KR a shot instead, but my 'puter is too much of an old geezer to run it. So 2D is the only option.

Used to play 3D.

Anyway, what I mean is, here's at least one 2D player who isn't playing it because it's the best, but because it's the only.

i used to play 3d as well - bring it back!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

UOGuy...

UOGuy...

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

According to this thread http://boards.strati...t&selv=&vwhich=

Whenever you log into UOKR, you automatically get placed into a "Global chat channel", which apparently, lets you see how many people are using the UOKR client
According to that thread...there isn't many, heh.

Shame if true, I think UOKR has a lot of potential.

Hi Adam, well I did a little experiment by logging in with one of my accounts in 2d and the other account in KR (I have 3mach on High Speed DSL)...

In 2d, I used the Chat button on the paperdoll and the list that shows there, IS the same list that shows in KR using the <ret>/listplayers<ret> command...

In KR, I tried to send my 2d chr a message and it said it was sent, but I didn't see any text on my 2d clients chat window...

In 2d, I selected the chr from the list and successfully sent my KR chr a message and the text appeared....

Both 2d AND KR users ARE showing on this list... So I can only assume the worst and that this List IS the number of players online, on that shard, at that moment in time... My shard Baja at the time I did the experiment had 5 names, the two I had logged in and 3 others... It was like Sat. 11:30am... I watched for a few minutes and saw one name drop off the list and a minute later another name appear...

IF this is true, then we have very few ppl playing anymore... Even though supposedly, we have 150k subscriptions being paid for... OMG, there's more ppl in the forums Posting, I guess we know where the Fun IS....

I suggest, we all log-in at various times of day and check the numbers... and look around to see if we see anyone else... Their name is probly on the list too... Maybe we can send them a message... hehe....

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

Both 2d AND KR users ARE showing on this list... So I can only assume the worst and that this List IS the number of players online, on that shard, at that moment in time... My shard Baja at the time I did the experiment had 5 names, the two I had logged in and 3 others... It was like Sat. 11:30am... I watched for a few minutes and saw one name drop off the list and a minute later another name appear...

I don't think anything else really needs to be said. Unless there is official confirmation that the /listplayers command shows all or just KR, then this is pretty sad.

Well, I guess either way, it's sad.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts

we have 150k subscriptions being paid for.

Minus mine now...

Posted Image

Jomo

Jomo

always tring to help someone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
Since getting my new computer I have downloaded KR and play it spasmodically.

I have found that is actually faster now than when I first played ....
but i have found communication difficult on some occasions especially to other guild members (not found out how to do that yet)

I now play it only for crafting, when interacting with guild members, hunts, quests or T/hunting I revert back to 9th Anniversary.

Graphics are brill though
Respect everyone

lklovelykiki24

lklovelykiki24

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,113 posts
Personally I miss 3D it was my favorite way to play UO. I cant get use to KR and don't like the way the screen is set up for it. And now I'm stuck with 2D, witch after playing 3D is not as great. I wish they would bring 3D back.

person0meg@

person0meg@

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I also miss the 3D client. The characters used to be able to formal bow/curtsy, dance jigs and do a victory "WooHoo". You would think if KR is more advanced then 3D client they would have kept the animations. I went back to 2D after several KR bugs and crashes ruined it for me, and I could no longer jig over a defeated enemy.

OneBoredEMT

OneBoredEMT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
My hubby and I tried to use KR, after we downloaded it 5 times and patched for a day. I'm old school I guess, Im very accustomed to 2D and love UOAssist and Automap, they dont work with KR :( I tried it again a few days ago to check out the map feature, thats all pretty n stuff but my beetle runs sides ways and disappears, have intermittant lag that I dont have on 2d and the thought of remaking all of my macros makes me cry. My comp is an old POS (AMD Sempron 1.66 w/512 ram and a GeForce4 MX 440 puney 64mg) but I can run KR ok, hubby has a superbad PC n KR barely functions on his. I may give it another shot someday but for now I rather like playing the game for the game and not the foofoo graphics, thats what the Xbox is for. I'd like to dance in 2d, its never been cool enough to have dance moves *sigh*:P
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RalenNacht

RalenNacht

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
The only thing I really like about the KR client is the interface. It works more like newer MMOs that I'm used to playing. It has a lot of funtionality that UOAssist and AutoMap make up for in the 2D client.

Like Neked said though for some people it barely runs and for others it runs fine.

IMO KR should have stayed in BETA a little longer. THe beetles and mounts have been running sideways for over a month now and still no fix for that.

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA

THe beetles and mounts have been running sideways for over a month now and still no fix for that.

Oy that drives me nuts. The beetles are too big as is - they get in the way of mouse clicking (or maybe it's just that the animation keeps flipping sideways every other second).

Still, I prefer the graphics and interface of KR over 2D. It took some time to get used to the interface, but once I did, I decided I'll never go back to 2D. I still have to use 2D on my laptop occasionally, as it's a bit too laggy with Vista on KR (I only have 1GB of RAM), and it didn't take long for 2D's interface to completely drive me crazy after getting used to KR.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: low, numbers, people, uokr