Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Help with guides please

- - - - - guides

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

phaseout

phaseout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello all. i'm very new to UO. There is so much information floating around on this game that i'm overwhelmed. Can anyone point me to a link where I can find detailed guides to different class builds.

I don't get to play alot and really want to get some guidance on how to develop a character that suits my playstyle. I spent 2 years playing a coercer in EQ2 so I really want to keep it to a non-complicated solo friendly class.

Thank you.

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
Hi Phaseout, I never played EQ, what is a coercer like?

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

phaseout

phaseout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
It's a class that focuses on crowd control. He is unique for his ability to charm creatures and control them.

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
Hmm perhaps a tamer would be good for you. You can take your pet out and hunt together. I myself prefer a bushido archer. The great thing is since you have 6 slots you can experiment with a lot of different styles. I would look at some templates that are here http://www.uoforums....splay.php?f=681 and tomorrow morning the boards will be brewing with members that can help :)

Posted Image

phaseout

phaseout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I think I would want to stay away from a tamer. Tired of the whole pet thing, but the bushido archer sounds really interesting I will look for some info on them. Thanks for all your help.

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
Your welcome :) A lot of people are using Necro's also.

Posted Image

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Hi phaseout,welcome to UOForums,and to the game itself.Good luck with the template and I hope our FAQ section helps you find your way around the game.

Anything you need help with be sure to ask.

Everyone is really helpful here and always to keen to help new players.

What shard do you play on ?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

phaseout

phaseout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hi phaseout,welcome to UOForums,and to the game itself.Good luck with the template and I hope our FAQ section helps you find your way around the game.

Anything you need help with be sure to ask.

Everyone is really helpful here and always to keen to help new players.

What shard do you play on ?

Thank you very much.

I honestly have not decided what shard to play on yet. I'm looking for a shard that has a decent population yet not so populated that the good hunting areas are always taken.

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
Lake Austin is low populated and has a lot of housing spots open. There are always people at the Luna Bank :)

Posted Image

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
Hm. Coercer sounds like a Spell Weaver. One of the more useful skills is Dryad Allure. I've seen PKs use Orc Brutes to kill other players at times... but I'm pretty sure it only works on humanoid monsters.

So, make a mage/spellweaver if you want.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

phaseout

phaseout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hm. Coercer sounds like a Spell Weaver. One of the more useful skills is Dryad Allure. I've seen PKs use Orc Brutes to kill other players at times... but I'm pretty sure it only works on humanoid monsters.

So, make a mage/spellweaver if you want.

Actually im looking to stay away from that type of character. I don't want anything to do with pets or charming. I'm leaning toward a Busido Archer or possibly a paladin build right now.

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
That's how I like to play Phaseout. I prefer warrior types to magic & hunters.

Posted Image

phaseout

phaseout

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

That's how I like to play Phaseout. I prefer warrior types to magic & hunters.

Any suggestions on a good warrior type solo build?

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
My Warrior had
Swords
Anat
Tatics
Heal
Parry
Bushido
Chiv

I wasn't really scrolled out and there was talk about dropping my Tatics for Magic Resistance if I wanted to PVP so I would stay alive longer. Since that template doesn't have focus, I would need high Mana Regen armor. My Chiv was only like 50 and the rest of the points were in Focus.

Posted Image

Thaur Macil

Thaur Macil

Norway

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts
If you want to play an archer you can get:

Archery
Tactics
Anatomy
Healing
Chivcalry
Bushido
Focus

It's great for pvm as you can throw out maximum damage pretty easy, and if you ever want to pvp you can just drop chiv, bushido or focus for magic resist and still be a dangerous little tease..

Vordrius (V^S) ‎(17:52):
THAT'S why all my chars have been ********!!! It's because I knew deep down I hated RPers!!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: guides