Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Bug in Cloak of Humility Quest?

- - - - - bug cloak humility quest

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

uNDEAD

uNDEAD

Earth is the best planet in the world.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
I've been trying to complete the Cloak of Humility quest tonight, but I've run into a problem.

I'm down to the final 2 NPCs in the quest chain. One of them has a pair of work gloves, and the other needs a pair of work gloves. The last NPC I traded items with game me a Worn Hammer. I took the hammer to the NPC who has the gloves, but he doesn't want it and won't take it.

I went to the other NPC, the one who needs the gloves, and he won't take the hammer, either, of course.

There are no other NPCs left to trade with (I've already traded with the other 5), so I know the hammer isn't meant for another NPC.

I tried toggling the hammer as a quest item, but it is already identified as a quest item. Also, when I try toggling it as a quest item, i get a message which states the item does not match any of the quest criteria.

Is this a bug in the game, or am I not doing something correctly?

I've sent a message to Support, but I'm curious if this is something others have dealt with.

Any help anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

uNDEAD

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Welcome to UOForums uNDEAD.

I seem to remember having some problems completing this quest when I did it .Despite several posts I got no response.

A friend helped me complete it ,so let me go look back through the quest and see if I cant throw some light on the issue.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

uNDEAD

uNDEAD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
Thanks, Tabbitha.

I'd appreciate any help you can offer.

uNDEAD

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
Ah yes heres 1 suggestion I just remembered i forgot to do when I did the quest.

Are you wearing the grey cloak when you approach the NPC's ?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

uNDEAD

uNDEAD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
Yes, the cloak is still on. I thought maybe I had removed it by accident, but I checked right after I started having the problem, and it was still there.

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
Ok, have you done the Community Collections.?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
Tabbitha, you have to do the Community Collections before you can get to that stage, so I wouldn't anticipate that as the problem. If I remember correctly, the second time I did the quest I actually had to go to one of my previous "drops" and hit that NPC again. You might want to at least try the previous NPC's to see if there is in fact a bug in your quest line. I remember thinking how strange that was, the first attempt went off without a hitch but the second was a real pain.

uNDEAD

uNDEAD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
I did the Community Collections first. Those went off without a hitch. Even the other 5 NPC trades went well. I was finished with those in probably 5 minutes.

I'm going to go back to the other NPCs and see what happens. Right now, that's the only thing I haven't tried yet.

uNDEAD

uNDEAD

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
jfk, your idea worked.

I went back to all the NPCs I had already traded with, but nothing happened with them. Then, when I went back to the NPC with the work gloves, he accepted the trade. I am now the proud owner of a Cloak of Humility.

Thanks to you, jfk, and Tabbitha for your help.

uNDEAD

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts
sweet

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
Sweet! Congratulations, glad it worked out for you!:)

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
Great news,:) Thanks for the suggestion jfk ,well done for solving the mystery

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bug, cloak, humility, quest