Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

As if CatHat wasn't bad enough...

- - - - - bad cathat

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
Jeremy implies on the FoF that Wilki will not be moving as well :( *is shocked and saddened even more now*
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Correct Wilki isn't moving. It's just not something he is able to do. He truly loves UO.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
:(

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
I still wonder who IS going... I know there is one... but anyone else?

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
"There, you see, the Dev Team won't move so we have no choice but to pull the plug."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts

I still wonder who IS going... I know there is one... but anyone else?

-RMS Carpathia-

Jeremy on this weeks FoF tells of a few ...

"I hear some of my favorite devs aren't moving - what's going on?"

I'm going to miss CatHat something awful, myself - and I'm just as broken up that we're losing Wilki too. But I'm consoled by the fact that I still have TheGrimmOmen and Leurocian to keep me company, and the Master of Disaster hasn't run out of things to blow up yet. We're losing some great people, no doubt about it - but we're keeping some great ones, too, and I have every confidence that UO will come out of this move stronger and better than before.

* Other names of devs you might recognize who are staying on the project - SupreemEA the Master of Code and Prince of UI, Mesanna the Infinitely Wise, Stormwind the Ancient and Undying, and Serado, Lord of the Bugs.

... see this post for more FoF details. Hope that helps ya Carp :D

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
How is losing 2 and not replacing them (as far as we know) lead her to believe "that UO will come out of this move stronger and better than before."???

Unless they were a hinderence, I don't see it.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
Thanks Mum! Well looks like a few remain but I never hear from them other than seen some of there names on Pumpkins one Halloween

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Carp over the last 10 years I've seen a lot of designers leave, what we would consider real names. UO survived as it will in this instance. Losing Wilki, at least to me, hurts. Here's a guy I knew as a player and worked his way into a job and finally as a designer of UO. Someone I KNOW has a love of the game. If it was possible for him to make the move , he would. His personal circumstances do not allow that option.
CatHat is one talented guy and I love his interaction with the community. On the other hand knowing Leurocian and GrimmOmen are remaining is a good thing
IMHO, of course.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
Completely agreed, Silver, but the more devs we KNOW care about the game and are working hard, the better for the game...losing GOOD devs for unknowns...well that's a little troublesome :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

JCtheBuilder

JCtheBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
Wilki was a terrific community representative but I am unsure of how he was as a developer. Working on Kingdom Reborn has hidden him and many of the developers from us for a long time. If only he could have worked on some more stuff like tweaking the runic hammers.

UOGuide -- The best Ultima Online reference, better than the T2A manual!

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
OOoops its a day of blunders for me,as I only just caught this post :(.

I posted Wilki's leaving there as well as the FoF on News & Developers earlier today.

Apologies for the doubling up.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sahra Swift

Sahra Swift

UO Stratics Catskills Reporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

How is losing 2 and not replacing them (as far as we know) lead her to believe "that UO will come out of this move stronger and better than before."???

Unless they were a hinderence, I don't see it.

1. EA is looking to hire more people for the UO team to replace those who left (see lower on the FoF).
2. The development team is now closer to the GM team, meaning it will be easier for the GMs to be more knowledgeable.
3. The devs are closer to development teams for other MMOs who use the same client base, meaning they can work with eachother to more easily find bugs and find new and interesting ways to give fancy abilities to their users.
4. The devs are closer to the guy who oversees all of EA's MMOs, meaning less overhead when needing to meet with him.

Posted Image

Sahra Swift, UO Stratics Catskills Reporter (AKA Gildar and Illandril)

Interested in KR UI customization? Check out KR Modders Exchange and UOSkins.com

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

1. EA is looking to hire more people for the UO team to replace those who left (see lower on the FoF).
2. The development team is now closer to the GM team, meaning it will be easier for the GMs to be more knowledgeable.
3. The devs are closer to development teams for other MMOs who use the same client base, meaning they can work with eachother to more easily find bugs and find new and interesting ways to give fancy abilities to their users.
4. The devs are closer to the guy who oversees all of EA's MMOs, meaning less overhead when needing to meet with him.

All good points, but it doesn't give me even a whiff of positive information in regards to losing 2 team members (atleast they are looking for replacements) and it being an improvement.

Who's to say the replacements are going to be better, for sure they will be behind in everything, they will be new to the newly created code *cough cough* dejavu *cough* in KR and have to learn that as well as everything else there will be needed to.

Like I said, unless those 2 were somehow a negative to the whole equation in the first place.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Pitr

Pitr

GRI Cadet

• Members
  • 1,662 posts
There goes a developer that truly listened to the community...

*raises his cup*

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bad, cathat