Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

How would you rate UOKR? (New poll, November 27th, 2007)

- - - - - 2007 27th november poll rate uokr

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
UOKR will be 5 months old, come November 28th, so we're now doing a poll on what you guys and girls think of the client, in general

So, what do you think of UOKR now it's been gold for 5 months?

Decardo Imier

Decardo Imier

Knight of the Balance

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
It needs more improvement before i will switch to it from 2D
Posted Image

Life is the Dance and Honor, the Dance is Death to those we oppose,
Honor is our salvation.
Without Honor the Dance is meaningless
forms and we are nothing.

callumf

callumf

Stalking U

• Members
  • 2,107 posts
Still cant run it - it updates at like 1 fps.

It takes, after login, up to 3 seconds to draw the first screen correctly.

Then I might as well be running my character through treacle - total waste of time - same applies to the legacy art.
Posted Image
owning all Su-Mi's bases since Y2K

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
I've been playing KR since June and while it was a little tedious in the beginning, it has been a blast for at least two month. It's stable, fast and convenient for me.
If the polish the last bugs, I'll rate it "Very Good"

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
I did not vote. I downloaded the beta about 4 months ago and hated it and uninstalled it. I just redownloaded KR during Thanksgiving. I am going to use it for one char and see how I like it. They have taken major steps from the beta.... so far no problems but I just setup one of the hotbars. The hardest thing for me right is chatting. It took about 10 times for me to open my bank box. I really like the fact that you can set up the items in the hotbar to target self. (I really don't use UOA with 2d to the fullest...only to cast on self)

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts

i still think it is very poor

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Its come a long,long way for me personally since the beta,when I could only log in ,take a few steps and then freeze.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
@ Merc:
You can change the chat mode to legacy in the options, so you dont have to hit Return each time before speaking

Norman Bates

Norman Bates

Manager, Bates Motel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
In a word, "KRappy".........

Henry Winter B^F

Henry Winter B^F

Brigand

• Members
  • 1,012 posts
I dont mind KR, but i want us to still be able to use 2d. Ultima online to me is 2d, i never used any 3d client.

Posted Image

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women!

lklovelykiki24

lklovelykiki24

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,113 posts
I down loaded UO KR a while ago it looks good :) and I would love to play it, but my connection or rather ping speed is way to slow right now since we moved. I miss cable internet:'( I did try it out before the move, the graphics where great I liked that my chars looked real and the monster where actually a little scary:P
But the whole menu thing was hard to get use to also I couldn't get the hand of it guess I've been playing 2D and 3D to long. But I'm sure if I played UO KR I would get use to it. My Mom liked UO KR but my Dad Cant stand it he liked his 2D much better=) and my brother Tommy also plays the 2D. Seems like a lot more people are sticking with the 2D.

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

UOGuy...

UOGuy...

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
OK, I've raised my oppinion from "Very Poor" to "Poor"....

and in a single word.... KRapy....

It's NOT just the KRapy graphics of KR, but the entire direction UO is going, IS very unpopular to me...

Screw the average player and reward the US$ pay site owners... Sooner than later the only players left will be scripters...

Coppelia

Coppelia

~ Babbling Loonie ~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
I hoped for something good, but it's going nowhere. Thus very poor, alas.
I'd prefer they stop wasting money on it. Enough is enough.

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
Id say.. Beta was Very Poor and no its up to Poor.

Define fast in KR? Your run speed? Or the reaction on from pressing a hotbar spell till the spell actually goes off?

Posted Image

atlas607

atlas607

loves uoforums!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
It makes me sad to play uo, I say poor...

wesley205

wesley205

Sleep.Eat.Play UO.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
I have downloaded KR, but have not yet downloaded all of the patches. I doubt I will seeing how most people do not like it. I rather save myself some time and not patch and go through the trouble.

I love playing UO and I hope it will be up and running for many more years to come without only scriptors playing. Someone mentioned that earlier..
Get an education.

Arioch

Arioch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 723 posts
While my computer isn't the fastest on the market, neither is it a relic, and I am still unable to play KR without suffering mini-convulsions from the lag. I also despise clicking on something and having to wait 3 seconds for a window to open, or for my character to respond. Hopefully, huge, powerful changes are ahead, because I love the graphics of KR, but until the interface is fixed, and more user-friendly, I will have to say "poor."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lord L'arr Hamerfeld

Cymbria Devereux

Cymbria Devereux

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Not good enough for me to bother with getting it, at least not yet!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

galefan2004

galefan2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
Having a client that doesn't work with UO assist just turns me off to begin with. Also, the client seemed extremely buggy when I tried using it, and the graphics seemed to be dark and not as unique as they are in UO:2D.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2007, 27th, november, poll, rate, uokr