Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Now that "Legacy" mode is with us, which 1 will you use?

- - - - - legacy mode

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

elffyb

elffyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 736 posts
Legacy mode is a KR feature that allows you to see the 2d art, which was mostly done for Items, Containers, and housing pieces.

Drakelord

Drakelord

The old man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Ok, I'm new (again). What is this legacy mode? I have always prefered the 2d graphics...is this some kind of 2d upgrade?...la

Just another trap to get you into KR. I'm sticking with 2d till they turn it off, then I will close my accounts. We tried KR/Legacy here and found we did not like it and would much rather play outside in a thunder storm then try KR again.

And I still have not voted till you add a 3d choice, like 2d only!

22815_1049897365024789_76475492465172463

Skatha

Skatha

Skatha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
As drakelord said......... 2d for me...

so, no voting option.

Olaf DoT

Olaf DoT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

I'm sticking with 2d till they turn it off, then I will close my accounts.

They are planning to close down 2d?!? Are they nuts? That will be the final nail in uo's coffin.

Posted Image

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA

Ok, I'm new (again). What is this legacy mode? I have always prefered the 2d graphics...is this some kind of 2d upgrade?...la

The KR client has a few "legacy" options you can choose - a legacy chat option (so you don't have to hit Enter before typing chat), a legacy container option (so that containers use artwork similar to the container art in 2D), and a legacy art option (which I haven't tried yet, but I'm guessing it uses graphics from 2D somehow?)

They're all under user settings.

Drakelord

Drakelord

The old man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

They are planning to close down 2d?!? Are they nuts? That will be the final nail in uo's coffin.

Ya they would be nuts to force folks to move to KR to drop 2d, many players still cannot upload and play KR on the OS they have on older machines, even PCs that were only 1 or 2 yrs old when KR came out had problems running it, but these same folks kept trying, I wish them luck.

Those with newer machine were able to play it and have shouted their love and joy, but there are many that do have it, but dislike several feature and the option for Legacy art was put in to peace these folks.

As for us here, we don't like KR, period. And will not download that file ever again. And if they go NUTS and close 2d then we close our accounts.

22815_1049897365024789_76475492465172463

Himmelweiss

Himmelweiss

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Ya they would be nuts to force folks to move to KR to drop 2d, many players still cannot upload and play KR on the OS they have on older machines, even PCs that were only 1 or 2 yrs old when KR came out had problems running it, but these same folks kept trying, I wish them luck.

Those with newer machine were able to play it and have shouted their love and joy, but there are many that do have it, but dislike several feature and the option for Legacy art was put in to peace these folks.

As for us here, we don't like KR, period. And will not download that file ever again. And if they go NUTS and close 2d then we close our accounts.

just for you i hope 2d dies very soon.

For everyone else who gives KR a try once in a while i hope 2d stays longer, just until KR is good for everyone.

shay

shay

You on crackers?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
as im reading these post, im wondering wth are they talking about?? what legacy mode??

i had went from KR to 2d becuase kr just looked blurry and blended,,,, and now as i read further down, i discover that KR has put in this legacey option.... so i rush back to kr and find these options.... BAM WOW Now thats more like it... i can play on kr now that things look "normal' again

im excited.... now ill have to spend all day reseting macros

Thanks UO!!

shay

shay

You on crackers?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
they need to fix the rune books and spell books to look like the older kind... and prolly a few other things.... but we will see how this works...

p.s. when did this legacy thing come out??

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: legacy, mode