Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Now that "Legacy" mode is with us, which 1 will you use?

- - - - - legacy mode

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

UOGuy...

UOGuy...

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I for one will use "Legacy" only...

After solving my black screen problem this morning, I am Happy to say "My House" looks wonderful...

-my Vet rewards Look Cool again...
-my water fountain looks cool again...
-they didn't destroy water falls or cauldrens.. or brasiers...
-Towns look Cool again...

I for one, think this is the best change to date, Hands down... Why they didn't do this to begin with, I have no clue....

KR actually looks like an updated 2d client now... With actual Improvements...

Me thx to the Dev's...

Guest_Masuri_*

Guest_Masuri_*
  • Guests
I'm using KR - with the performance enhancements it runs better than 2D ever did for me AND looks prettier, so I don't need to downgrade back to old graphics. I am using the legacy backpack art, for now. It's cute.

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
hmmmm, almost tempted to try it out again. Strong positive feedback... and UO:KR. Kinda seems like an oxymoron by now

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
ive never liked KR with its half arsed attempt of photoshopped graphic (speaking as a graphic designer)

Sure some things are big +s as animations and so on... but the reaction times in KR is so slow.. so wouldnt use it.

Posted Image

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
The legacy art looks so much better than the new KRap. Legacy art for sure.

And they really got KR running a lot better too. (except the sound for now....)

Tuka :cool:

Posted Image

Kinsmen are born. Friendship is a gift of the gods.

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
TUKA!! I am DIEING. KRap indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I logged on to check it out. There IS a huge speed improvement. As long as you stay on the same screen. Once new objects start loading, it is the same old KR. There appears to be a saturation point where the new changes become overloaded with new object loading, and you slow to a permanent crawl.
Did not stay on long enough to check out this legacy mode.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Seriously - I just cannot relate to what your saying! KR runs at least as smooth as 2d for me, even in Luna...

Gwen Irima

Gwen Irima

Lost elf

• Members
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationHolland
Legacy for as long as possible :)

Posted Image
-oOo- About Elves -oOo-

Solidchrome

Solidchrome

† Virtual hero- real life geek †

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
*bows to the greatness that is UO:KR*

Tovladian Soltyr- "..then I saw it was Solid and I was like "Ah ok" because we all know he's not the most complete box of crayons.."

UOForums Need Your Donations- Click Here

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
How big are the spell delays in KR now?

Its always been running smooth... but if something like spells or skills got tiny delays because of a slow engine... I wont have it.

Posted Image

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Don't think legacy is working for me. I changed to legacy system, artwork, and legacy backpack. After relogging, my legacy backpack is totally empty in freeform view, but I can see all in list or grid formats. Am I hopeless or what?
Posted Image

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
I much prefer KR and the new graphics. The only "legacy" I'm using is the legacy backpack art, cuz I like backpacks :)

Drakelord

Drakelord

The old man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
needs another with the two listed, like sorry am still in 2d.

22815_1049897365024789_76475492465172463

dhekke

dhekke

I am the Gosso King!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
I tested KR a week ago, and it is actually running in a playable speed now! Great!
Legacy mode is great, too...
But I still don't know. The Items in my backpack seem blurry and weird... Also, I can't get out of Deceit for some reason.

But I sense I'm getting closer to using KR, maybe in a patch on two

We are Ultima Online

Floria

Floria

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
just gave it a try and it doesn't work on my system (win xp, 8800gtx, newest drivers). In my house I see items from the floors above hanging around. quite annoying. Feels like beta again. I'll stick with 2D

Posted Image

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what the legacy art mode is - I thought it was just all the old graphics plopped into the new interface. I may have to try it - though I do like KR's graphics and have grown used to them.

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
I didn't vote. I just download KR for 4th time this weekend. I will use KR for my crafter (heard KR is really great for crafters), archer, and mage. I am going to use the Legacy for my thief, sword/bushido/necro, and my tamer.

TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico

The Suave One

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
I refuse. I didn't use 3d, I won't use the KR. Tried it and just about gagged. Besides, I prefer using UOA...la

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts

I refuse. I didn't use 3d, I won't use the KR. Tried it and just about gagged. Besides, I prefer using UOA...la

I didn't like 3D but love KR. 3D was the same interface with different graphics. The strength of KR is primarily in its new interface. Even if you stick with the legacy graphics, the improvements in the interface are substantial. There's no need for UOA, as all of the features I ever used in UOA are built into the KR interface by default.

TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico

The Suave One

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
Ok, I'm new (again). What is this legacy mode? I have always prefered the 2d graphics...is this some kind of 2d upgrade?...la

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: legacy, mode