Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Is making jewelry worth doing?

- - - - - jewelry making worth

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Guest_PAlexandria_*

Guest_PAlexandria_*
  • Guests
I tried making a few things pieces of jewelry from the new ML gems including white pearl and they seem pretty crappy really. Do they sometimes come out better or is there any way to improve them? Or do people want them just because they're kind of rare? (I hate having resources that I only sell and never use. I think that's a pretty boring way to play the game).

LemonSqueeze

LemonSqueeze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
well some of the jewels can be nice.. ecru citrine can give you Enhance Potions

Blue Diamonds, can put Mana regeneration on jewels.. so it depends on the other mods on the jewels you make.. of course I'm talking 1000's and 1000's of jewels made.. giving you one great piece of jewelry :)

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
Pearls - 6 property possibility, up to 100%. VERY nice.

Of course, the pendant of the magi is beautiful.

And as lemon said, blue diamonds, ecru citrine. Perhaps an undervalued jewel would be the fire ruby. I can attest that fire resistance is in vougue because of the prevalence of necro warrior templates. Until recently, a bracelet made with this was a keystone in my template.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Guest_PAlexandria_*

Guest_PAlexandria_*
  • Guests

well some of the jewels can be nice.. ecru citrine can give you Enhance Potions

< >

...of course I'm talking 1000's and 1000's of jewels made.. giving you one great piece of jewelry :)

So what does Enhance Potions do? Does it just make the potions you iuse work better? Or does it do anything for alchemy, i.e. actually making better potions?

And I take it that every piece of jewelry then is completely different?

I made a Pearl Bracelet that is:

Mace Fighting +12
Int Bonus 4
Night Sight
Enhance Potions 10%
FCR 1
LRC 10%

Is this any good? Typical? Crappy?

(Sorry to be so ignorant, but most modifiers are still kind of meaningless to me. The only one I've managed to really do much with so far is LRC because I got tired of running out of regs).

And I sure wish I had that Pendant of the Magi Recipe... (Not to mention the Scrapper's Compendium)

LemonSqueeze

LemonSqueeze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
the bracelet you made.. I'd say is crappy.. some would say typical..

Enhance Potions provides a percentage above the normal effect of the potion.... so say at 50% EP you sucked down a greater heal which usually heals for 30hp... it'd heal for 55

Aurelius

Aurelius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
Enhance Potions only works for the drinker of the potion, does nothing for the alchemist making it or the potion itself.

Enhance Potions provides a percentage above the normal effect of the potion.... so say at 50% EP you sucked down a greater heal which usually heals for 30hp... it'd heal for 55

Erm.... surely it would heal for 45?

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

So what does Enhance Potions do? Does it just make the potions you iuse work better? Or does it do anything for alchemy, i.e. actually making better potions?

And I take it that every piece of jewelry then is completely different?

I made a Pearl Bracelet that is:

Mace Fighting +12 -75% intensity
Int Bonus 4 - 50% intensity
Night Sight - 100 % intensity
Enhance Potions 10% - 25% intensity(ish)
FCR 1 - 33% intensity
LRC 10% - 50% intensity

Is this any good? Typical? Crappy?

(Sorry to be so ignorant, but most modifiers are still kind of meaningless to me. The only one I've managed to really do much with so far is LRC because I got tired of running out of regs).

And I sure wish I had that Pendant of the Magi Recipe... (Not to mention the Scrapper's Compendium)

Pale, have you looked at the item property charts (given that linkin a couple of rpelies to you). They are color coded for properties AND intensities that are good (You are NOT alone in confusion over properties, which is why I made the charts (for ME!)). That should help some. I have color coded the intensties above as they would appear on the chart.
Also, refer to the thread in the Common FAQ Forum called "What makes good loot".

As to the brace above, all the intensities are at the middle to low end. Has ALOT of properties, but none great.
When it comes to jewelry, combinations are the real money maker.
For instance, one form of a PvP dream jewel would be
FC1
FCR3
LMC 8
HCI 15
DCI 15

A dream mage jewel would be
FC1
FCR3
LRC20
SDI 12
LMC 8

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
To add to what BG said, in addition to being low/middle in properties, it's WHICH properties that are the deal breaker. That piece of jewelry is basically junk to most folks (not trying to be harsh...hope you don't take it that way). With the Mace Fighting bonus, strength or dexterity bonuses would be better, as would a higher enhanced pots level. The LRC is only very rarely needed with a dexxer template, so that is pretty much useless on that jewel. The faster cast recovery is ok, depending on one's template and the need for casting. In that particular bracelet, something with Skill bonus, plus dex/strength, plus higher enhance pots, plus HCI/DCI and then maybe FC/FCR would be far more desireable to most folks. LRC and Night Site not so much as that can be found and incorporated with armor pieces if necessary. FWIW.

quickblade

quickblade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Well I've looted a bracelet in a treasure chest level 6 in feluca I think, the bracelet has 6 properties on it so I trying to figured if the "6 properties" can only be applied to bracelets because of the White pear Craftable Bracelet... here is the bracelet not THAT good but since it has 6 properties can someone calcul to total intensity I mean ?/500 ?? Thanks

1- Provocation +8
2- Dexterity bonus 4
3- Intelligence bonus 4
4- Hit Chance increase 8%
5- Defense Chance Increase 8%
6- Poison Resists 8 %

After quick calcul it makes a Bracelet with 2 properties at 100 % if u combine the stats and HCI DCI.. and the rest is not very good +8 provoc and 8% poison resist ...

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
A good turquoise ring ist probably the best thing you can craft. If you can get one with 5 ssi and other properties that help a fighter you can make millions. The intensity wouldn't matter much, because you can still imbue it.

I got one with 5% ssi, 15 Focus, 15 Hci, 15 Dci, 10 Poison resist (after imbuing) and wouldn't part with for less than 20 millions.

Playing on Drachenfels? Speaking German? Tired of exploring Sosaria alone?

Check us out: www.semperfidelis.de or sent me a pm

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
*An Corp Thread*

I was confused until I saw the 2007 date on the previous most-current post...

~M

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
I saw this thread and immediately took notice and enthusaism as this is something I haver been working on diligently lately. The answer to the first question is yes. It is worth it to burn through your gems and hope for the best. I had been collecting many ecru citrine, dark sapphire and turquoise for jewel crafting one day.

I just wanted to add that, the above post is wrong. Its not blue diamond that gives a mana regen property but dark sapphire. Just for clarification.

I have a mass of ecru rings that all popped with 50% ep and other mods. I kept them stashed and for good cause because now I kinda have a little business going where I custom imbue pieces for players. I try to find something close to what they're looking for and then put the remaining properies on for them. This is the better way to go at least becasue imbuing with no specific temp in mind can get you nowhere, and a seemingly usefull piece of jewelry then becomes useless.

I did however manage to crank out a once in a lifetime ecru citrine ring. If you are standing... you may want to take a seat. LOL!

The mods on this ring are: 50% Enhance Potions

Thats it! I offered to sell it for 20 million and some people thought I was nuts. They must not have any idea what goes into crafting such things. Either that or I'm on the wrong shard and I could fetch more for it elsewhere. If anyone is interested I still have it and am willing to part with it for the right amount of gold.

I also have a few turquoise rings that are of significant value. These rings are possibly even more valuable than the 50% ep ecru.

3 rings of note are:

5% ssi, 5% ep
5% ssi, 1% dci
5% ssi, 6% hci

These rings are the perfect building platform for high end warrior or mage temps.

I have also dabled a little with the dark sapphire bracelets. I made a good lot with what I had saved up for a while and turned out a good one with MR 2 and dci 6%.

I currently have a set of very mean jewels on my faction archer.

ring: 5% ssi, 15% dci, 15% hci, 25% ep, 8 dex
brace: mr 2, 15% dci, 15% hci, 25% ep, 2 dex

Feel free to give your opinions but I think this is one of the sickest jewel sets ever.

Also, in lght of the above post that mentions enhance potions, I just wanted to also share that, and you may already know by now but.. enhance pots is capped at 50% but for every 33 points in alchemy you have you can get another 10% on top of that for a total of 80% enhnace pots with 99 skill. I have this setup on my archer as well and I'm not sure about the healing although it is awsome but what I can tell you is that I get 36 extra points in str from a greater str pot and when combined with a trinsic rose will yield 41 extra points in str. When I'm fully buffed out I have something like 150 dex, 150 str and 60 int.. which is something like 150 stam, 124 hp, and 90 something mana. I've already began to go off on a rant here about pots on a jewel thread but I'll leave it at that. Having cap EP and alchemy could be useful for the right temp.

Just one final note, for those of you out there who are crafting jewels, I recommend not imbuing a solid piece until you have spoken with the buyer. The fact that the player will be able to choose mods to fit his/her temp may get you that extra few million gold for a really unique piece.

Happy crafting :)

McNuge

McNuge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
Oh and one more thing I thought of that might help is if you have a bunch of jewels that are otherwise 'junk' you could always turn them into imbuing ingredients. A 6 mod jewel is cool to look at but may do more good in the form of a relic fragment.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jewelry, making, worth