Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

PC on my old coal ingots and coal suit?

- - - - - coal ingots pc suit

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

OldWolf

OldWolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
I hope I have the right forum for this question:

I have an old school platemail coal suit. It's made of the coal ingots that were created from the coal given out many christmasses ago. It looks like a typical platemail suit, but is darker than the shadow color. Does anyone know aproximately how much this is worth?

In addition to that, I have a collection of those same coal ingots. They're named like normal ingots but have the coal color. As far as I know, they cannot be used to make anything (but I can't swear to that). Any idea how much these are worth each?

Thank you very much!
OldWolf

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
I'm sorry, I do not know the price for these - it's the first time I ever hear about this. But if I were not broke, I'd pay quite a lot for such an armor.

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
sounds real expensive
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

OldWolf

OldWolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Well, that's a start. :)

Thanks for your thoughts. :)

Does anyone have a guestimate for me?

LemonSqueeze

LemonSqueeze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
what shard?

OldWolf

OldWolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Lake Austin

(also, thanks to the mod for moving this to where it belongs, sorry about that)

LemonSqueeze

LemonSqueeze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
:) I'd love to see it.. could we meet in game?

Gyvalor

Gyvalor

collecter of death robes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
Could be worth a bit more on Lake Austin as these items were no longer availible when that shard was created.
Posted Image

LemonSqueeze

LemonSqueeze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
but.. no one really buys rares on LA.. I saw them in game, its a shame they aren't exceptional :(

OldWolf

OldWolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Yes, it's unfortunate they're not exceptional... still fun though, lol

Loki Danu

Loki Danu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
does it say coal on them? back in the day you could get cole looking ones from the npc shops but back then ther was alot of shades! i sold hemi lodes of them about 2 years ago when some guy came back to uo and dumped everything out of his bank to the floor lol

OldWolf

OldWolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Nope, it doesn't say coal... as far as I know, it's a different shade than the ones that could be purchased, but I could be mistaken. I'd have to do some research before I could say for sure, lol.

Loki Danu

Loki Danu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
ther used to be a sight with some pics on it.
ther was most shades of black from gray to shadow looking ones
i used to buy the shadow ones like ever other boobs playing uo lol

LadyCarlinUO

LadyCarlinUO

Garden Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
A Real coal suit I wouldn't price anymore than 5mill. And that's only because (as previously said by other posters) that you could buy shadow hued from the NPC. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter how rare it is in reference to those not-so-rare buys, because the average Joe collector wouldn't know the difference, and the NPC bought ones are still dime-a-dozen.

:o

I would just keep it! =)

*Edit*

I would VALUE the set at probably between 8-12million, tho:)

OldWolf

OldWolf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Well, at least the ingots couldn't have come from anything else, lol.

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
Well, I know this thread is over a month old, but on GL, in the last couple weeks, three of these sets have sold. Two sets of full coal plate mail armor were bought by a guildie of mine for 20 mill, 10 million apiece. The week before Christmas, a full coal plate mail set all created by the same blacksmith (Nike of HongKong lol) sold at MOA auction for 27 million gold. This set was bought by another guildmate of mine who promptly turned around and gave it to me as a Christmas present.:) There is no question when you look at them that they are much darker than any NPC bought plate set. They're quite unique, and getting scarcer.

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
If anybody knows the time-value of money in UO, the old Honey Rares site listed these prices back in 2003 :)

GM set - 5 mil
Non-GM set - 650-900K
Non-GM per piece - 100-150K

http://home.wmis.net...tchen/true.html

Kratos Aurion

Kratos Aurion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

I hope I have the right forum for this question:

I have an old school platemail coal suit. It's made of the coal ingots that were created from the coal given out many christmasses ago. It looks like a typical platemail suit, but is darker than the shadow color. Does anyone know aproximately how much this is worth?

In addition to that, I have a collection of those same coal ingots. They're named like normal ingots but have the coal color. As far as I know, they cannot be used to make -anything (but I can't swear to that). Any idea how much these are worth each?

Thank you very much!
OldWolf

hope this info helps:)

-Plain GM suit (no special markings) 20-25m
-Special markings (double exp etc) or
[exceptional] up to 50m+
-Coal Ingots 50k per

either or you have a very nice rare on your hands

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
In addition, the coal ingots and armor were never 'labeled' coal. You weren't supposed to be able to smelt the lumps of coal, so it didn't give it a 'name'.

Also, I didn't think you could buy the armor from vendors, I thought that was when you could kill the vendors FOR their armor?... guess I could be remembering wrongly...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

Kratos Aurion

Kratos Aurion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
there was a bug to reproduce the ingots though which did involve vendors. Im not sure if it still works but you can thank that bug for the existance of the thousands of ingots you see (not the ore) virtually worthless

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coal, ingots, pc, suit