Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

What Makes Good LOOT?

- - - - - good loot makes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

What Makes GOOD Loot?

You're right in that it's subjective, but here's what I keep:

Armor with 38+ resists (for enhancing attempts)
Armor with 70+ luck (again, to try enhancing)
Weapons - varies, but I will often keep hit mana and life leech 30+, hit spell effects 30+, and weps with hit chance increase or damage increase (higher the better). SSI preferable on slow weapons. Just one of those things usually isn't enough to keep a weapon, but combinations of good values are keepers.

Jewels - FC/FCR combos, 14+ LRC, 10+ HCI or DCI, 18+ DI, or +5 dex with DI and either HCI or DCI

There HAS to be a combination of things on loot items for it to be anything above "Junk to giveaway to newbs".

As Kit said, you should have a base # of resists to look for total with regards to enhancing (like a wizards hat with 38 to Kit would be trash, 'cause you can't enhance, but woodland armor may not need 38 'cause if you enhance *cough*successfully*cough* with wood you can get more resists than with leather/metal).

Luck Armor is iffy, I don't keep less than 80, and even if it has 80, it still needs to come with other properties be it decent resists (25-30) or LRC/LMC.

Weapons depends on what type needs what properties, but in general you want atleast 3 good properties on any one item for it to get past the "Junk to giveaway to newbs" status.

Jewels, Kit pretty much hit dead on, but I'll add in you will need good combinations of properties on these too. Also low intensities (less than +5 Stat, +10 Skill, 30% Hit ______, 5% HCI/DCI) aren't worth keeping.

And for the merchant spin:
These rules apply only to loot, not to artifacts or marties.
TRASH = all properties BELOW 50% max value
GIVEAWAY=2 properties at 50%, total resists 20-40,
MEDIUM = 3 properties at 60%, total resists 25-45,
GREAT = 4 properties at 75%+, total resists 35+

Keepers list:
Armor
Medable LRC over 15
non-med LRC over 17 (for mule suits)
TOTAL resists over 45 (for metal armor)(enhance to 58+)
TOTAL resists over 46 (for leather)(enhance to 58+)

Rationale:
After this, you start getting subjective. Referring to the item properties list (here), take the following ideas into account
1) Armor with 4 or more proprties (including resists over base amount). This is due to the fact that runic kits can only create items with 4 properties.

2) Learn the intensities of items. Then prioritiz the armor properties in order of preference (not including resists). (These are in the general order of precedence. Subjective depending on type of template the armor is for, and the purpose of the suit)

LMC- Warrior / Mage
MR - Warrior / Mage
LRC -mage
Mana increase - Warrior / Mage
Stamina increase - Warrior
Luck - Mage / warrior
Mage armor - Mage, sme warriors with meditation in template. Non-med armor only (click here for a list of medable armors)
Lower requirement - plate only, can be a product of enhancing. Plate is avoided because of the high str req, so it the req is lower, it becomes useable.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Baldguy

Baldguy

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
The thumbnail chart is full sized, and is printable. I am hoping that it will help people with learning what is good and what is not. Using the previous post in this thread, you SHOULD be able to avoid keeping bad items.

Soon to come! Armor chart!

Smaller forums viewing version:
Posted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• Weapon Property Chart.jpg

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Baldguy

Baldguy

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
This chart is meant to aid in deciding what is worth KEEPing. Keep in mind, armor you keep for resists is BEST when the TOTAL resists after enhance is 58 or better. This includes base armor resists, magic property resists, and material bonus resists.

The chart is presented in two formats, one for viewing, one for printing. Next up: Jewelry chart!

Posted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• Armor Property Chart.jpg

Useful links

Baldguy

Baldguy

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
Like the above, this chart is meant as an aid in determining what constitutes useful items. It is presented in two formats, forum friendly and prinatable.

Posted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• Jewelry Property Chart_Page_1.jpg

Useful links

Baldguy

Baldguy

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
Prompted by several questions, this chart details desirable properties and intensities, including the "new" UO:ML properties, Balanced and Velocity. Each of these are discussed in the Item FAQ.

Posted Image

Attached Thumbnails

• Archery Property Chart_Page_1.jpg

Useful links

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: good, loot, makes