Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Jeremy a Request

- - - - - jeremy request

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
On UO HAll Flutter asks very politely for a more 'fiction' style of reporting

Thank you for all you do.
May I ask please when posting BNN articles, these are fiction based stories.
The one last night was a news article supposedly reported by Sherry the Mouse.
Can you perhaps make it a little more fictional (or story based) you know, make it sound like this was just in from Sherry out in the feilds instead of just.. I dunno.. posted? It just gives a different feel.

Anyone else feel this way? Right now we've got Sherry's emergency BNN thrown in with shard issues and 5 on Fridays and it just doesn't "feel" right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you prefer the blurb and link setup? That's the way I usually do it, but when it's stuff that directly impacts the live game, I want to make sure everyone sees it (and usually added clicks are a barrier.)

The front page is, admittedly, not great for multiple tracks of info. Suggestions that require less than a solid week of web redesign are most welcome. (Suggestions that require lots of redesign just won't get implemented in anything like the near future.)

E. Jeremy Dalberg
UO Community Coordinator
EA Mythic
www.uo.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe the front page could be set up in sections?
One section for shard issues another for announcements one for the BNN updates?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sheridan the uo RP Moderator adds

Well, on the UO Stratics page, we do have things set up in different sections but the latest BNN article probably should have been posted in the Quest and Event news section. Also, even with the various sections, it all posts into one main column so I don't know if that would be any more helpful.

Or are you looking for it to be more of a Roleplayed news report by Sherry?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

however Flutter pointed out

I was talking about the uo.com site not Stratics hon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jyhms thoughts are

weeeelll... how about a filter link at the top of the page, where we can select -all-, -shard issues-, -patch notes-, -in game BNN reports-, -5onfri-, etc. Perhaps allow us to select what we're interested in and be able to keep it in a cookie for later perusing.

As much as the old style was a bit clunky, at least we could ignore parts of the "news" we didn't care for. For instance, on stratics I pretty much only care about main (all shard) issues, and Chesapeake, I don't even usually look at any of the other sections.

You may also (I know work) add little pictures of the reporters for the bylines to differentiate them, but I guess that's just fluff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

short and to the point,Nok, suggests

Suggestions that require less than a solid week of web redesign are most welcome. (Suggestions that require lots of redesign just won't get implemented in anything like the near future.)

RSS news feeds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeremy had the last word on the subject as follows.

Tabs or a filter are good ideas - I'll chat with the web guys on Monday.

E. Jeremy Dalberg
UO Community Coordinator
EA Mythic
www.uo.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
LOL. When they DO make it story based, it is so cryptic, nobody can understand what the heck they are referring to.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jeremy, request