Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

How to properly transfer items between your chars.

- - - - - chars items properly transfer

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
I posted this in stratics, but I'll post it here, too.

First thing's first. (2d Client instructions.) Open paperdoll, hit OPTIONS tab, hit the lower-left tab to set a macro. I prefer to have "-" set as the button usage. This is the button on the extreme upper-right of you keyboard, next to the number keys on the right side. Scroll down in the menu until you get "CircleTrans." APPLY, Okay. Open Options again, hit the "UO" symbol on the left side, under "Misscelaneous" you get the option for "Set radius of transparency." Turn this up to max. APPLY, OKAY.

Second step, buy a backpack from the inn keeper or provisoner NPC. It only costs 15gp in Tram. Go to an city inn that you scouted out earlier and have found out for a fact that very few people if anyone goes there. Turn on circle transparency macro so you can see through the walls. Drop the bag in a spot which might be obscured by a wall. Turn off the circle transparency. Did the bag "disappear" from normal sight? If not, try again. Make sure nobody sees you doing this. Tell no one what you're doing. If the bag "disappears," you've found a sweet spot. Now turn on circle transparency again. Pick up the bag. Logout.

Login your other character. Park him/ her in the same inn area as the first one. Login the first char. Put whatever you want to transfer in the hiding bag. Hide it as instructed above. Log out. Login the recipient character. Take the bag. Congratulations, you've just learned the most important skill in the game!

Places to NEVER do this: Britain City West. Too many idiots in this city. If you must transfer in Britain, go to EAST Britain, find an inn there. Try it in a top secret location that only you know about. Never tell other players your hiding spots.

Attached Thumbnails

• UO3183.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Figuered this out years ago, but thanks for posting this for the newbies!

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
I am copying this and moving a copy to the Common FAQ thread as well. Thank yu very much for taking the time to do this!

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Skrekkugle

Skrekkugle

Rebellion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Or if you got your own house, put your items in a secure chest and pick it up with the other char ;) I mean.. Who dosen't have a house? :) (if your answer is no and you play on europa, come see me for a free 7x7)

Lazytown - The Dark Codex - Moonlight
Part of UO since 1999, always willing to help!

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts
just use a random tree and don't worry about the circle of transparency

Nevaeh

Nevaeh

Musical Courtesan

• Members
  • 1,164 posts
*g* that is exactly why every time im at an inn.....i double check for people using this method:P i must say i have used it in the past. its a very handy/useful option, especially if you dont own a house. nice work on compiling it!:icon_thumright:

Posted Image
free siggy just pm me

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Who doesn't own a house ... well easy to answer:
I do own a house of course, but only on my main shard, cause if I am not mistaken, every account is only allowed one house. So if I play on another shard, I have to use this method.
Or did they change this, and I am allowed one house per shard?

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
The biggest problem with this over the last few years is the addition of the item tags where you can press hotkeys and it will show anything anywhere on screen with you, hidden by circle or not...That's why I always stealth around and check banks and inns for items in the corner or on a wall.... *nods sagely as she sees: a bag*
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

Skrekkugle

Skrekkugle

Rebellion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Merion: Got me there. You can still only have one house per account + 1 on the test shard. :)

Lazytown - The Dark Codex - Moonlight
Part of UO since 1999, always willing to help!

Spree

Spree

I ♥ ORKIES !!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
You could try this method, Stand out side the Brit bank and spam I need to transfer some very important items to my secondary character and i need some one to watch the chest for me. Then go in side the bank and put the items in the metal chest in the back room. run to the inn and log out. Then log in your second character and run to bank your items will be waiting for you in the chest. be sure to tip the player that was watching your items 10 gold pieces.
Posted Image
Ahh. Sorry to misinform. I redirect your questions on all things Stratics to Delilah ~ TizzyL

Moony

Moony

Legendary Sampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
Thats a good way to get the items stolen, spree
GM in: Dying and Running Away, then Dying

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
I solve this issue in blunt fashion. Two accounts, two PC's....hand item from one character to another, log out, relog with new character, and hand back. Obviously not an option for everyone, but the absolute best way I've found if you can make it work.:)

Spree

Spree

I ♥ ORKIES !!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Thats a good way to get the items stolen, spree

I just forgot to put in the Sarcasm Smiley Posted Image
Posted Image
Ahh. Sorry to misinform. I redirect your questions on all things Stratics to Delilah ~ TizzyL

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
Good thing I copied the original post to the common FAQ.
Guys, this was intended to be a helpful topic thread. Facattac provided information that was as safe as possible, given the subject. I myself used it in times past, and had to be taught. Please refrain from deriding that attempt to help.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chars, items, properly, transfer