Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Magincia Invasion: Update 11/11 from Draconi

- - - - - 11 or 11 draconi invasion magincia update

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
Posted by Draconi on UO U.Hall

Some quick notes:

* The military has established stronger fortifications throughout the southwest side of Magincia
* Royal Archers have been recalled from the city! Citing traitorous actions, the military has brought them down from the front lines!
* Reinforcements are expected to arrive over the next few days
* The moongate is going to completely destabilize: stay tuned.

Also, our latest intelligence has discovered a pattern to the invasion.
Defeating the areas in order seems to yield the greatest results.

Posted Image

Tim "Draconi" Cotten - UO Designer - EA Mythic

** Draconi added order clarification from a question by Chad Sexington

Hm.
Isn't that reverse order?
Would seem to make sense to push the monsters back towards the gate instead of defeating the monsters from the gate while the town burns. Posted Image

Unless... that's the plan. For the greater good!

Ah, right, should've clarified. Go in reverse order!

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
Rubble update from Draconi ... UO U.Hall (#7495330 - 11/11/07 09:04 PM)

Rubble hasn't actually started spawning yet - when the Light daemons begin tearing into buildings (coinciding the arrival of the player artillery) the rubble will be widely available.

There were some early limited tests where a few people found rubble, but since then it's been unavailable.

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
kinda confusing on the order clarification...so is the order 1-6 on the map or 6-1?

Decardo Imier

Decardo Imier

Knight of the Balance

• Members
  • 1,328 posts
6-1 driving the hell spawn back to the Gate from which it came
Posted Image

Life is the Dance and Honor, the Dance is Death to those we oppose,
Honor is our salvation.
Without Honor the Dance is meaningless
forms and we are nothing.

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
thought so but it was kinda confusing as to which came first the map or the clarification

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
Hah, that aint never going to happen on LA then. Everyone is at area 3, and not moving.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
not moving as in cant drive the spawn back or not moving as in too lazy to change camp spot?

Baldguy

Baldguy

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
As in all the balrons and light/darks spawn in area 3. No reaon to move anywhere else. Safer too than area 1 and 2.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Baldguy

Baldguy

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
I guess LA is doing better than I thought, or that map aint the real deal yet. Go figure. Bad Intelligence!!!! (Team America reference).

Just ran through Magincia, and areas 5 & 6 have absolutely NO spawn. NONE, ZIP, Zero. Kinda hard to beat non-existent monsters.

Useful links

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
well my understanding which may be off is if your beating back area 3 then 4,5,6 are not gonna spawn as it is a progressive spawn? so you have to clear area 2 then area 1 and hold area one? Not positive if this is right or not!

Malachai

Malachai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
Nope, that's correct, just like the Brit invasion.

Baldguy

Baldguy

• Members
  • 1,948 posts
Well, in our area 2, 50% of the monsters are underground. Hope that dont hurt us

Useful links

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
I believe they will, I believe lady flame posted some tips on unsticking and killing them

Lady Flame (DrR)

Lady Flame (DrR)

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

A break through at last! After much bitter fighting tonight I followed a rumour up that spellweavers could entice or drown the deamons with magical thunderstorms that had holed themselves up under the raised area in north Magincia. I'm yet to see if it works with those who do the same under the boughs of trees underground. But I remain hopeful.

OOC Spellweavers use Thunderstorm against stuck creatures.

Lord Mord Mhor

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 11 or 11, draconi, invasion, magincia, update