Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

[LONG POST ] I'm not bothering to even ask anymore.

- - - - - anymore bothering long post

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
source

First there's no spawn. Then there's so much spawn that if you die, you have zero chance of even finding your corpse, much less getting anything back. HAR HAR BUT YOU ASKED FOR MORE SPAWN. Yeah, and if I ask for my steak to be cooked a little more thoroughly, I don't expect it to come back on fire.

It's either an hour of sitting in an empty town going "WHERE IS A MONSTER?!" or it's so many daemons that you literally can't see anything else. Devs, you obviously don't have a clue as to how to balance this spawn, so I give up. I have a feeling that even if you were listening to me and me alone, it would just be a case of...

Me: Oh god, less!
Dev: Ok. *turns spawn off*
Me: No, no, more!
Dev: All right. *spawns 50,000 daemons*
Me: Well less than THAT!
Dev: If you say so. *turns spawn off again*

So... whatever. I'm just going to join the crowd that are busy luring every single dark father to the cannons on the docks. Apparently they become freely lootable when the guns insta-kill them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you really think anyone takes your incessant whining seriously?

~~~~

I don't know. I've never seen more than like 15 people fighting the spawn on Atlantic during primetime. Either the population in UO is a LOT lower than anyone suspected, or the vast majority of the population isn't any more interested than I am now.

EDIT: And don't come rushing to correct me if it's actually two-dozen or something. The point is, I've been to champ spawns with more players at them than this invasion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

you have cannons? :(

~~~~

I'll be interested only up to the point where I can finally find a vorporal blade/beserker scythe on the monsters then ill be done.

The event has been a complete waste up till this point. First doing ok, then just disappearing for half a week (and more on some shards).

Suddenly they do a junky update, where 20x as many monsters spawn but they are suddenly pathetically weak, so you have 10000 dead demon bodies, and nothing to show for it cept maybe 30k.

How about this ... make the monsters stronger, and reduce their number. We are sick of the pathetically weak demons, again, and again, and another million of them we kill. Don't make them weaker! make them worth fighting more than a simple Ebolt/demon slayer spellbook.

And what about light/void demons? I thought void demons were suppose to teleport you. I thought light demons were so bad they destroyed things with a touch. Yea right. I ebold void demons 3 and dead. I mindblast light demons. They are worthless as foes. The only foes are Dark fathers, and we get cursed junk from them. People just drop many of the worthless cursed "arties" on the ground. I know I do.

~~~~

I really don't know how the Ophidian invasion went so well, but this one turned out so crap. They didn't give us hours between spawns with the Ophidians, nor thousands of ridiculous "die in one hit" enemies, and it was great.

~~~~

My opinion, is that this is the result of players of Ultima Online widening extremely the gap between the "haves" and the "haves not".

Ultima Online has, unfortunately, become an item based game. Meaning, that the better the items the easier the game is because of better armor for defending better and better weapons for killing faster.

For wealthy players UO can be ridicolously easy while for players without the same wealth, new Events in UO can be extremely hard.

So, the Devs get conflicting feedbacks. Those who have large wealth and all the best armor, weapons, all scrolled up and so forth scream it is way easy, those instead who struggle when playing because they only can have average armor/weapons, scream it is too hard for them to get hardly anything.

Personally, I think it should be the Developers' responsibility to address this conflict and thus ensure that ALL players can enjoy the new content Events similarly since the money they all pay every month is good as well.

I don't see it as good such a large gap in effectiveness among players in UO. It may be cause for disheartening and potentially lead players to get upset and leave the game thus lowering the revenues and so the support for the game.

I mean, given the large gap, if the developers make it more possible for the average players, the high end ones will scream it as easy and will quit because bored.
If the developers make it more challenging for the high end players, average players will get upset since the new items are unreachable to them and so will potentially leave UO because upset.

There's good reasons, IMHO, that the players in UO were as much levelled as possible. This would make it MUCH easier for the developers to add new content that could result of an equal or much more similar enjoyment to all players and there would not be as many complaints about new content being either too easy or too hard.

That's how I see it, at least.

Good post

~~~~

I really don't know how the Ophidian invasion went so well, but this one turned out so crap. They didn't give us hours between spawns with the Ophidians, nor thousands of ridiculous "die in one hit" enemies, and it was great.

The way I see it, there is a time for battling and another for looting.

That is, I would like to see a battle as tough as they want, with 50, 100, or even 1,000 monsters all there to be fought and killed.

But then, when they are killed, there is peace. The bodies DO NOT DECAY until like an hour or so AND the instanced corpses stay as such for that much time giving to all players who participated in the battle plenty of time to loot THEIR SHARE of the kills without worrying about others taking the fruits of their work. After all this has be done with, like an hour or 2, then can the corpses decay and another wave of monsters come in.

Want to match the number of monsters with the players around ? Then have 10, 20 or even 30 monsters spawn for each player. If 10 players are there 300 monsters will spawn.
But then, when these 10 players have killed them all, ALL of the 300 corpses will STAY (included the instanced ones) there for like an hour or so ensuring that all players, also those who died, can come back and loot THEIR share of kills.

I hate this thing that one has to loot while battling and also watching the timer because the corpse will either decay or go public after a short while.

I want to FIRST fight as messy and crazy a battle one may wish, and THEN loot when all things are quiet and peace restored.

That's how I see it.

~~~~

In other news, cannoned dark fathers are now disappearing, when a little while ago they were not. Odd.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks to your post we noticed in time to fix it

Tim "Draconi" Cotten - UO Designer - EA Mythic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seriously, my idea of a good invasion isn't some nebulous unachievable thing. The Ophidian invasion was perfect.

There was always something to fight, but it wasn't flooding the game with hundreds of corpses at an insane rate.

You weren't two-shotting the baddies, but you weren't dying in one or two hits either.

The spawn could be pushed back across the city, but it wasn't permanently battered into one little corner.

It was... whaddaya call that... balanced.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Brother here we go.

You die. Bring up your auto map. Look where your body is. Walk away from your body and heal. Walk back to that location.

Use Ctrl Alt.

~~~~

Except there's a limit on how many object tags can be displayed, and the 3000 daemon bodies tend to exceed that limit if you died in the wrong place. Even if your body's tag is one of those that comes up, there's no telling how many other tags may be concealing it. If you use AllNames to look for your body, the sheer amount of "achaosedaemoncorpseadaemoncorpseadaemoncorpsealightdaemoncorpse" spam that comes up makes it pointless. Meanwhile, stuff is attacking you and you don't even have your regs or whatever.

Good point :)

Try this complaint next time. "PLEASE DRAC send only the demons that have good stuff on them all spaced out in a row with a 3 minute time between spawns. I want the good stuff, I want to loot, I want I want I want."

I want, I want, I want something like the last major invasion which was at least somewhat balanced.

~~~~

In other news, cannoned dark fathers are now disappearing, when a little while ago they were not. Odd.

Thanks to your post we noticed in time to fix it

[beginintensesarcasm]

Indeed...so...then...I must assume that you don't sit in your darkened cubicle, playing Free Cell, and only responding when somthing tHAT consequential arises...[/endintesesarcasm]

Good Lord...you guys get someone (or two, or more) complaining their brains out, no matter WHAT in the heck you do.

I can hear the "Well Yeah...but they didn't have to put so MANY in"...and "Yeah...but the FIRE is still there!!"...and the "Well Yeah...but there's so MANY of them...you mean I can't just go STAND in there, and be ok??!! I have to wear fargin' ARMOR??!!"...

UGH

All of you folks deserve Kudos...for even being able to post something like what you did.

I would love to see the posts that get erased...

Personally...I found it enthralling last night...actually got a Serpent's Fang at some point...and a Mystic Heavy Crossbow...I am betting that Leurocian had a heavy hand in a lot of this, as well...

I had fun when I logged in last night...was pleasantly surprised...maybe others didn't, and weren't (and obviously that IS the case)...

But Thanks, Draconi, and please let everyone else know that at least one person actually DID enjoy these changes, for now at least. The lag wasn't bad at all, and it was non-stop fun for a couple of hours.

Thanks...I do appreciate it!

~~~~

Ya know, I could take my uber-doober suited & booted 120 Archer with interchangeable soulstoned Bush or Necro skill, a Nightreaper and/or my vanqs/mystics or even my double slayer demon/elly bow. But but but...I have to ask myself, "Where's the Fun Factor?!"

There's just something utterly ridiculous about energy vortexing the everlovin' bejeebers outta squillions of daemons with a ninja herding shepherd whose highest skill is GM/100. It's just pure, harmless, unmitigated silliness. And I'll take that over stressing about whether or not I can loot a poxy orange glow stick any old day...

Of course, I'm acutely aware it could very well just be me though...

~~~~

You die. Bring up your auto map. Look where your body is. Walk away from your body and heal. Walk back to that location.

Use Ctrl Alt.

Really ? When a LOT other text tags pop up at the same time cluttering the screen and even making it dangerous in a battle environment because one has hard time detecting incoming threats ?

Maybe IF CTRL-ALT had a selectable range like the transparency circle it could be a possibility but I am not even sure since to locate a corpse one would have to repeteadly do CRTL-ALT all over the place while at the same time trying to fend off attacking threats.

Looting is not a right people. Looting isnt a prize. Looting isnt your bank box. If you kill a monster you have THE OPPORTUNITY to try and loot. Geez. Kill one VOID Demon and have 6 other demons attacking you. Sorry. You just need to take care of them first before you can loot.

Please, allow me to dissent. IF Ultima Online was a game free of scripters, I might have been incline to consider more this point of view. Since taking care of monsters coming for me before I can loot (and they will keep and keep and keep coming) will take time and the instanced corpses timer has a very short lapse, chances are that quite often MY KILL will have the corpse go public and it is a possibility, if I am unlucky enough to be playing at the same time of some other player using looting scripts, that someone else, simply running up and down the screen using a looting script will get the goodies from MY KILLS.

Now, how reasonable is this ? Not much if you ask me.

On atlantic everyone is dumping the mystic (yes), vanqs and power weapons on the ground. You dont even need to loot.

I noticed that also and this prompted in me a question.

Why the hell are people picking them up from corpses in the first place if they then drop them particularly when looting may be very risky with the incoming monsters and all of the firefields ? Why not just leave them where they are and not pick them at all ? I mean, stand in flames risking to die or one's own armour to get damaged (and even break if one is not carefully) to pick up items that will then be dropped ?

Sure, it could well be that people are being nice to others and putting stuff on the ground so that others, less lucky, may pick it up.
But what if, one could at least theoretically hypotize, this may be the result, at least in some cases, of some players picking up the stuff, automatically, as they run by the corpses, because of the use of looting scripts ?
Given the amount on bodies and loot on them one could make an hypotesys that those players who may be making use of looting scripts become overweight and so drop those items on the ground to freely do their looting runs.

I have no clue which the case may be but I can't help thinking that the way I see the Event playing, the more I see how more enjoyable it may be to players who may make use of looting scripts rather than for those players who don't use them.

This could have easily been avoided by making items of interest automatically drop in players' backpacks.

You all get its a game with a battle, Right? And you going to die? And it wont be easy?

This is directed to THOSE PEOPLE.

If someone can explain to me why looting should be candied during an intese battle... Id love to here it.

"I pay for this game and I deserve to loot as a game play sytle"
"Those scripters have written a script that hacks instanced corpse and the get all the good stuff"
"They can loot why cant I because now they are selling the good stuff"

Try this complaint next time. "PLEASE DRAC send only the demons that have good stuff on them all spaced out in a row with a 3 minute time between spawns. I want the good stuff, I want to loot, I want I want I want. "

BLAH.

Number one, I personally think that there is a time for battle and a time for looting. Looting should be done AFTER the battle is over and dust settles.
I don't see why looting should be done with an ongoing battle because of decay and instanced corpses timers.
The way I personally see it, those timers OBLIGE me to HAVE TO LOOT while the battle is ongoing. It is not a choice for me, it is an obligation UNLESS I may want to loose the ability to loot good stuff that "might" have dropped on the corpse either because the corpse may decay or because it becomes public and someone else gets the good stuff from it.

Number two, rather than an " I want I want I want" issue, I see it more of a balancing issue among players. It has the potential to further increase the divide among wealthy players and average or with less wealth players which I think is very wrong in a game that has become item based and where items play an essential role for the fullest enjoyment of the game.

I may well be wrong, but I have the impression that it may also create problems in designing new content because if the developers accomodate the high end players' wish for challenge they risk making the Event hardly possible for other player, less wealthy; if they make the new content, instead, more matching the ability of less wealthy players the new content could turn out too easy for those with top end gear, weaponry and all scrolled out.

That's why I think it would be better that the differences between the "haves" and the "haves not" (or who may have less) in Ultima Online were not large.

That's my opinion on this.

~~~~

Your opinion is as valid as mine. I just dont agree. Ive been in battle enought to know I can walk in find my corpse. I ctrl alt and click off the tags i dont need. I fond my body.

I have never missed a looting opporturnity even when dead or driven off. The instance corpse is on plenty long enough. In fact I stand there after I loot waiting for it to turn to free looting. And I still wait.

Im not doing anything tricky, Im not hiding, I just wait. Its on atlantic. There are lots of players. No special tricks.

Script Looters. Its a tired arguement to change the game so we can get more easily. Its an accurate arguement to fix the ability to script.

I just cant believe there is that many scripters at this event when I can walk into the moongate area with 40 dead deamons and click by click find the occasional mystic weapon.

Its a fine event. I do it to kill time. I dont even want them hehe. I want the pyros and vorpal. And still havent gotten any.

I get looting rights with my sword.
I get looting right using mage weapon bow.
I can naviagate to my body naked.

Im not doing anything others cant do.

~~~~

Your suit is worth like what, 40-50 millions ?
May not be the most expensive but can't say either that so many millions can be easily at hand of many players...

Also, I did not notice what weapon you may be using.

Some weapons, especially if with high SSI and with high Leeches can be worth a lot more than a whole suit.

I have seen weapons go for 100+ millions because of their stats.

And, weapons sure can make the difference in the easiness of playing a given Event depending on what modifiers they may sport.

~~~~

My suit is leather and the gold chest arty thats like 300k (forgot its name). My suit cost me no more then 2 million. It just gives me 70's no fancy regen. I wear a CURSED yes CURSED (did someone say what use do they have) braclet of healt for +10 mana regen. Ive died atleast a dozen times and havent lost it.

My weapon UBW maul Demon
Mage Magical Short bow. Not a Demon slayer.

I get looting right, I die, I can hang in the fire.
What have I got 3 beserker scythes. Sold 1 for 15, 1 for 10, 1 for 7.5. Now I have gold to buy other arties. That doesnt include buying and selling others scythes.

I hope others can follow. Sell your stuff fast. By back later. Let those with gold spend their gold. Berserker scythes now go for 2 mill at brit bank.

All Im saying is take our advice. It works.

~~~~

Last word to OP. :P

What'll be funnier is when the daemons are still getting pounded at the moongate, but the otherwise peaceful city is being shelled to pieces by people trying to collect rubble.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
What i learned from reading this is... People tend to never get happy.

Always something to whine about. They should all read the book called. Stop whining, Stop crying, Do something about it!

instead of sitting for hours to whine - DO SOMETHING! I mean.. what do you as a person reach from whining? Nothing.

Damn good book.

Posted Image

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts

What i learned from reading this is... People tend to never get happy.

Always something to whine about. They should all read the book called. Stop whining, Stop crying, Do something about it!

instead of sitting for hours to whine - DO SOMETHING! I mean.. what do you as a person reach from whining? Nothing.

Damn good book.

You hit the nail firmly on the head Gnomy as always :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
well you know what i learned i there are 2 many whinning baby;s playing uo are at demon spawn to hard to easy..who cares enjoy the event..also last night i was at alantic demon spawn..no less then 30 people at any time and i lost my body twice both times my fault for not watching health counter tryng to loot and be greedy..for the record no one is dropping cursed arties on the ground at all and i mean at all and that includes power and mystic weapons as well, also didnt see any young players movign around.One thing that did concern me was right after i killed say a void or bone demon and i clicked on corpse as i was checking loot i noticed some disapear right before your eyes , dont know if this is a hack or just a glitch and i wasent in party with anyone and it was my looting rights no one elses...Also please respect your fellow dead peole and rez them 2 many peole just ignor the dead and are 2 greedy to rez a felow player it takes a couple of seconds.................since this event started they certain indivuadles have complained about every aspect of this whats next , in all my years of gaming if i have that many complaints i do somethign else....So just enjoy thi sevent the ea has given us and have fun .if you can't have fun playing uo with friends then uo is not the problem you are.
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

cadethepagan

cadethepagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
Just a bunch of babies whining cause they can't suckle what they want. So they become anal retentave and throw crap at mommy for not letting them have what they want.

Awsome use of metaphores...
Power is not given, it is taken!

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
Kingtony i noticed that as well... Think the looting system aint working at all at moment.

I killed a DF with 3 others.. i must say I did alot of dmg myself. Tossing greater explos + spells. It died.. but I didnt hurry to the corpse. But it wasnt long enough for it to go grey for others. I found 4 items on corpse.

Posted Image

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts

Just a bunch of babies whining cause they can't suckle what they want. So they become anal retentave and throw crap at mommy for not letting them have what they want.

Awsome use of metaphores...

:eusa_naughty: :eusa_naughty: :eusa_naughty: :eusa_naughty:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anymore, bothering, long, post