Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Next phase of invasion ... Update from Draconi (11/08/07)

- - - - - draconi invasion phase update

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
News from the man who likes to blow things up ....

The invasion is now moving on to the next phase, here are the changes you'll notice today. There will be additional changes over the weekend, so stay tuned!

• Difficulty balancer enabled. Spawn will initially be weak, but will become harder the faster its defeated. This is the same system used with the Grim Reaper.
  • Guard zone removed completely from Magincia. Factions should still operate correctly, with extensions for traps/guards further into the forest.
  • Barriers and defensive lines established. Wooden walls and debris should better control enemy flow towards the dock.
  • Soldiers with cannons guarding the docks. These are not the player usable cannons: these will only destroy incoming monsters (no corpses).
  • Healers available at the docks.
  • Red healer available northeast of the city in the woods.
  • Banker available on the docks near the ferry

Tim "Draconi" Cotten - UO Designer - EA Mythic

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I wish they'd post this stuff on UOHerald, rather than posting ONLY on Stratics.

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

I wish they'd post this stuff on UOHerald, rather than posting ONLY on Stratics.

The opposite would make entirely TOO MUCH sense.

I thought they said a long time ago they were going to shy away from using stratics as their go to site and more emphasis would be put into UOHerald.

+1 on broken promises.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Aye, I was told that to
UOHerald was supposed to be THE place to get the latest information/news

To quote Jeremy, dated April 3rd.

Also, as time goes by you’ll see more and more stuff getting posted on the Herald and NOT on any forums – again, for time reasons.

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
Also, as time goes by you’ll see more and more stuff getting posted on the Herald and NOT on any forums – again, for time reasons.

mabey enough time didn;t pass yet..lol
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

Baldguy

Baldguy

AKA Thom O'Bedlam. Got a Question? I got a link for ya!

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

The opposite would make entirely TOO MUCH sense.

I thought they said a long time ago they were going to shy away from using stratics as their go to site and more emphasis would be put into UOHerald.

+1 on broken promises.

You got a spread sheet going with these scores DiP? Would LOVE to see it. Of course, you would have to enable negative six digit fields to truly show EA"s score.

Useful links

[UO:F Common FAQ] [UO Guide] [Official UO Play Guide] [UO Feedback] [More Links, gathered by the Forum]
[B][SIZE="3"]Got a Question, or a great answer? PM me with it and I will post in the FAQ.

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
I get so annoyed at this constant posting of 'news' on a forum,when we were told explicity,that UO Herald would be THE place to get all the latest news and info.

I bet when a certain person reads this or it gets reported to them we are whining,it will appear on there :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

You got a spread sheet going with these scores DiP? Would LOVE to see it. Of course, you would have to enable negative six digit fields to truly show EA"s score.

Now I have something to do over the weekend. :P

LOL I don't know if I can do EA's score, so we'll just put them at infiniti.

I get so annoyed at this constant posting of 'news' on a forum,when we were told explicity,that UO Herald would be THE place to get all the latest news and info.

I bet when a certain person reads this or it gets reported to them we are whining,it will appear on there :)

:o Good point, or maybe that's bad.

Sad thing is, we've just been pointing out the truth :-/

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
*UPDATE*

Despite Adam asking if the above could not be posted on UO Herald for those that dont/cant read Stratics,his question received no response.:(

Another post bt Draconi, informs us

Difficulty balancer enabled. Spawn will initially be weak, but will become harder the faster its defeated. This is the same system used with the Grim Reaper.

Yeah, until eventually the imps are strong enough to one-hit kill a scrolled out, finished warrior. At least last year, when the spawn was unkillable in a graveyard, you could move to another one and still enjoy yourself.

What fun is there to be found in something only tamers and mages have a chance of harming with pets and summons?

At least last night was a good time, I reckon.

Conversely, spawn will become weaker the longer it remains unchallenged.

Tim "Draconi" Cotten - UO Designer - EA Mythic

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: draconi, invasion, phase, update