Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

UO with new resolution options.

- - - - - options resolution uo

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
For those interested, a friend took some snapshots of what UO looks like with higher resolution options.

First picture is of the standard 800x600 max window resolution

It's a shame EA doesn't introduce options like that, so people don't have to resort to using third party apps to boost the resolution manually.

The client obviously isn't programmed to support such reolutions, cause the edges have dark grey areas, which I assume means those areas wouldn't show moving npc's, players etc.

Solidchrome

Solidchrome

† Virtual hero- real life geek †

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
That is really good. The resolution (or lack of) in 2d was one of the reasons I moved to KR- but those pics are sweet :)

Tovladian Soltyr- "..then I saw it was Solid and I was like "Ah ok" because we all know he's not the most complete box of crayons.."

UOForums Need Your Donations- Click Here

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
Wow that is REALLY nice... yeah I wish it got that big... be easier that and screenshots would be 100 times cooler!

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

xrisg

xrisg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Looks like that top toolbar is from an illegal 3d party program! looks like *****! i could be wrong :>

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Sure is, he uses it on the free shard he plays on.

Deraj

Deraj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
The main problem I encountered with resolution adjustments is that larger ones have a very clear effect on performance, particularly the ones where you can see gray area in the corners. Still, the fact that I could do that was amazing to me nonetheless.
Still we loom in the mists as the ages roll away,
And we say of our folk, "they are here!"
That they built us and they died and you'll not be knowing why,
Save we stand on the bare plains of Wiltshire.

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
Side note: The top "toolbar" looks like UOAssist to me, which would be legal...

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Nice clear pics indeed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Coppelia

Coppelia

~ Babbling Loonie ~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

The main problem I encountered with resolution adjustments is that larger ones have a very clear effect on performance, particularly the ones where you can see gray area in the corners. Still, the fact that I could do that was amazing to me nonetheless.

These screenshots were taken in Lord British Castle for a reason : it will work rather well with statics because you have them in your client. However with all dynamic objects it will be a mess. Particularily in housing areas.
Just run with such a resolution and you'll see undrawn areas and houses will either pop-up in the middle or if you add more to house cache, you will have poor performances (depending on your connection and your cpu).

If it hasn't been done more than 640x480 to 800x600, that is not in order to annoy players with wide monitors. :)

And hi Tabbitha BTW :)

kitiara

kitiara

Polar Bear Queen

• Members
  • 3,769 posts
  • LocationHarrisonburg, VA
I much enjoy KR's flexible desktop :)

Guest_Doomsday Dragon_*

Guest_Doomsday Dragon_*
  • Guests

Side note: The top "toolbar" looks like UOAssist to me, which would be legal...

It LOOKS like UOAssist but it is not...

Solidchrome

Solidchrome

† Virtual hero- real life geek †

• Members
  • 1,858 posts

I much enjoy KR's flexible desktop :)

Yep, second that.

Tovladian Soltyr- "..then I saw it was Solid and I was like "Ah ok" because we all know he's not the most complete box of crayons.."

UOForums Need Your Donations- Click Here

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
I love the zoom-function even more :-)

Amitus

Amitus

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
These were taken with the most common UOA clone, which is standard fare on freeshards. There is also a custom client out there that can display UO at any resolution with no clipping whatsoever, but I shall not name names.

It's amazing what people are doing out there.

dhekke

dhekke

I am the Gosso King!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
It's Razor...
and it doesn't have a single ilegal feature... it's ilegal just like uo wedding is
just because OSI won't update the list of legal programs

We are Ultima Online

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: options, resolution, uo