Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Legends Demon Invasion Spawn Broken - Jeremy Please comment

- - - - - broken comment demon invasion jeremy legends spawn

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
source first post 11/05/07 @ 10:18 AM

Jeremy, Devs, etal. Legends has not had an invasion spawn since 7:00 Friday Night. We had no invasion over the entire weekend. PLEASE fix. Thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know how ya feel, last spawn was Friday night and nada since, could any of the UO staff reset ot, fix it or atleast comment please.

~~~~

Seems the Event is broken in a few different ways, depending on which shard you play.
It's pretty feeble on Oceania, not seen a Berserker since Saturday...but at least we have the basic spawn, even tho it seems to be in a never changing, predictable and close to boring loop.

I guess you guys on Legends rock so much, the spawn decided it was too hard to take Magincia there and went on extended leave.

I'm pretty sure the Event has lost it's glitter almost everywhere by now, so you'd have to think the devs will do something to spark things up again.....they probably will too.....SOON!

~~~~

Face it folks. While the other shards were getting the treat we were getting the trick.

~~~~

ok, 73+ hours since the last demon spawn on Legends. How about a reply from someone at EA/Mythic?

~~~~

This is the situation on Formosa also. Not a single deamon since Thursday morning/ Friday night. The army was stopped dead in its tracks well short of the the city and then vanished. Glorious, sure, but also boring....

~~~~

11/05/07 07:50 PM

News Flash. Word just in that Mongbats are invading Moonglow. Our invasion has been downgraded...

~~~~

11/06/07 08:50 AM

Day 4 of no spawn. Jeremy/Devs please comment or better yet, please fix Legends Invasion (or lack there of).

~~~~

I am guessing with these comments "We're also working on a couple of fixes that will make the spawn a little more consistent and scale better based on player activity", that once this fix comes in, that perhaps Legends will re spawn once again, I hope.

~~~~

There's no way to know if the problem on Legends will be corrected by the fix and we've had no acknowledgement that the devs are even aware we are having problems with the invasion. I saw a post that Jeremey made about too many monsters spawning, but we're certainly not having that problem. We also don't know how long this invasion is going to last. I'm thinking about transferring a character to another shard to participate. I've been waiting a long time for new content and I don't want to miss out.

~~~~

*tosses a bit of negativity back in, to balance the excessive removal of same by Mr Heep*

Hard to understand why there has been no comment to this thread from Jeremy, given it was initially directed toward her and she has responded to other threads of less direct impact on players than the total disappearance of an event on Legends?

Confirmation that there is some sort of issue with the Event on certain shards, and a possible eta on a fix would seem appropriate at the least.

The event itself has succeeded in deflecting attention away from the relocation of the Dev team, the apparent disappearance of some regular posters from the same team since the 25th and any further comments regarding UO's medium term future.
One need only scan the posts made by some members of the team to see that since Chris Rabideau's last missive to the masses to notice a couple of people conspicuous by their absence of late. CatHat being the prime absentee!
Begs the question, is this game actually being "developed" or simply maintained by a skeleton crew at Redwood? Is KR being Developed?...Stygian Abyss anyone?

~~~~

Well, Jeremy replied 8 times to the Powder of Fortification Post, so maybe we should ask her there. I mean NO SPAWN AT ALL since Friday on the Legends shard is a little more important an issue then debating WOW vs UO item durablity.

~~~~

I did notice the same, It would not have hurt to respond to what we are saying here or to even acknowledge that there is a issue on Legends at this time. Maybe they are hoping that it will vanish when the shard maintenance takes effect?

Since most shard have more then enough invasion forces, the issue was addressed and a fix set to go. We still have none since Friday evening. I would like to know if we did in fact repulse it or that a error has occurred and that the Dev's are looking into it.

I have never been very vocal on many issue's about UO, yet I find this one to attract my attention a great deal.

~~~~

11/06/07 02:53 PM

We're on it - the spawner needed to be kicked in the pants. Mailed boot en route.

E. Jeremy Dalberg
UO Community Coordinator
EA Mythic

~~~~

There had better be a lot of thanks thrown out here now. >:(

~~~~

Ummm?
Thanks for what? Waiting 4 days for a simple reply to a problem everyone has been screaming about?

hmmm.............nope
>:(

~~~~

Jeremy thank you for replying to this. It makes us feel a little better that we are not being ignored. Just knowing someone is on it, and that we're not going to miss out completely helps. Hearing everyone talk about what's going on in their neck of the woods, has been really frustrating. I was beginning to feel that no one cared at all about Legends.
Looking forward to the fun....

~~~~

There had better be a lot of thanks thrown out here now.

You are kidding? For a one-line throw-away no detail reply to an issue that's been seriously effecting PAYING subscribers?
What there should have been was an apology from Jeremy for basically ignoring the issue until now.

Jeremy is paid by EA Mythic to be our Community Co-Ordinator yes?

Well she certainly Co-Ordinates to her own or EA's schedule and agenda, not to any of the Paying subscribers'.
She is intentionally vague, dismissive, evasive and frankly, I believe, less than truthful about a lot of Community concerns.
And her belated reply to this thread, with that oneliner is, sadly, typical of some of her feedback of late.

~~~~

It should be fixed, now. It was a one-line response because there was no detail to give - the spawner needed to be restarted, that's all.

And I do apologize that it took so long. This is proving to be a logistically challenging week.

E. Jeremy Dalberg
UO Community Coordinator
EA Mythic

~~~~

Ok when I read this, this is the image that popped into my head.

http://i22.photobuck...gregu/EAbus.jpg

~~~~

Well, there's a Dark Father on the docks as I type this :P

E. Jeremy Dalberg
UO Community Coordinator
EA Mythic

~~~~

There had better be a lot of thanks thrown out here now.

You are kidding? For a one-line throw-away no detail reply to an issue that's been seriously effecting PAYING subscribers?
What there should have been was an apology from Jeremy for basically ignoring the issue until now.

Jeremy is paid by EA Mythic to be our Community Co-Ordinator yes?

Well she certainly Co-Ordinates to her own or EA's schedule and agenda, not to any of the Paying subscribers'.
She is intentionally vague, dismissive, evasive and frankly, I believe, less than truthful about a lot of Community concerns.
And her belated reply to this thread, with that oneliner is, sadly, typical of some of her feedback of late.

For you and _Uriah Heep_ :

Yes, it is still considered proper to thank one for their help. If it is not to your time table matters not. I guess some people just have been taught respect and others are me, me, me, me, well lthey started it, nu uh, I know you are but what am I... etc., etc., etc.

Probably just me not even used to having "reps" post here at all when we had problems in the past, you all are spoiled me thinks.

Meh... :o

~~~~

Jeremy, thankyou for fixing this on Legends.

Now if there's anyone still restarting spawners, any chance of booting up the spawners on other shards that seem to be having similar problems, please? On my shard, Oceania there hasn't been any Daemon Berserkers spawning since Friday Evening, your time. Nor has anyone reported collecting any rubble, which does seem to have occurred on several other shards.

And to Chango, I believe respect is equally earned by actions, not just learned from childhood lessons. As for your "spoiled" comment...I'll just quote you..... "meh".

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts

Now if there's anyone still restarting spawners, any chance of booting up the spawners on other shards that seem to be having similar problems, please? On my shard, Oceania there hasn't been any Daemon Berserkers spawning since Friday Evening, your time. Nor has anyone reported collecting any rubble, which does seem to have occurred on several other shards.

No spawn at all, or just no berzerkers?

E. Jeremy Dalberg
UO Community Coordinator
EA Mythic

~~~~

No Berserkers, just a loop between a DF, Bone Daemon and the Voids & Lights...kill that lot, restarts again. About a 25 minute loop. Ok, Oceania is a low population shard, but we are killing almost everything each time, bar a few imps (that there's way too many of and too hard to see or target imo)
There is, of course, plenty of Arcane, Chaos & normal Daemons pretty much all the time...we kill almost of those as well each loop.

~~~~

Ok, finally Legends seems fixed, and there is a patch forthcoming at next maintenance, but still I think the question remains:

"Is there sufficient personnel still working to turn on the switches and keep them on?"

I'm of the opinion that things are far from what they should be at UO HQ Redwood currently. Jeremy herself states "This is proving to be a logistically challenging week." and I think the sudden move across country is a big part of it.
We have had little or no information about the real situation within UO since Rabideau's announcement and a few comments made by Mark Jacobs on other forums.
As I've mentioned before, CatHat seems to have vanished altogether, certainly from these forums. I have a suspicion that GrimmOmen may not be there, based solely on the recent appearance of a daemon named after him, something that has not, to my knowledge happened in this way before..other than some anagrams and in Draconi's case, a reversal of his name.

All this is purely speculative on my part I accept, but to me it indicates at least some difficulties there with staff. Perhaps the move is proving difficult to arrange as well, however if it were not for the fact that this current event was basically 'good to go' prior to the relocation announcement, I have doubts it would be happening at all.
As it is, the event itself serves as a distraction for us from the more serious questions about the future of UO, KR, SA etc, which conveniently helps EA/Mythic to avoid the issue.

Jeremy is reluctant to give any direct information, and it seems no-one else is talking either. Perhaps it's a gag of some sort but it has been two weeks since the 25th Oct, surely an update regarding the state of the game and it's future is warranted for us, the paying subscribers?

Meanwhile I know it's carry on playing as usual until they turn out the lights altogether, but if I am to spend the $120.00 to renew my two accounts for another 6 months in a couple of weeks, I'd like to be a little more reassured that it won't be going down the drain.

~~~~

I do not blame Jeremy for the delay in Legends. I do thank her for taking the time to re-start the spawn for us. I do not believe that part of her job description is programming or overseeing the event itself.

I am sure she has her own thoughts about what has happened to EA and what is too come, yet I do not expect her to voice her statements at all. I also believe that her comments are approved from her management as well, with guidelines on what she may say and may not.

I am very sure the downsizing and move of the office has created many problems that the staff is trying to handle.

I do lay the blame on upper management, personnel should have been assigned to review the status of such a large event. I know that I sent feedback and I have been told others did as well during the lapse.

The upper management needs to recall that this is not a XBOX or Playstation game, that the customers are on 24/7 and do expect a decent level of performance.

When I started this game, we had IGM; Seer; GM and a volunteer program. Now we have GM staff, that we never see anymore, as to the rest, they are long gone. The customer's came here to escape from the real world, to find enjoyment.

I do hope that the move in progress will not result in additional delays and a extended response time.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
all this gal does is try to help everyone and this is how you speak to her some freakin nerve i think you all should stick to console games where there is no interacting with real peole
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

grizz

grizz

CATS Legendary String Plucker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
KT, Jeremy is a gal. And I agree with you. Give Jeremy a break. Have some freakin patience or come to Catskills so I can kill you with my lute.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If the world was flat I'd grind the edge."
-Ray Kappo

kingtony

kingtony

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
sorry my typo
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

Gnomy

Gnomy

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,946 posts
Everyone just think of themself.. and love to argue about nothing :(

Sad but true

Posted Image

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

Well, Jeremy replied 8 times to the Powder of Fortification Post, so maybe we should ask her there. I mean NO SPAWN AT ALL since Friday on the Legends shard is a little more important an issue then debating WOW vs UO item durablity.

If this is true, then I have to disagree with you all. IF this is true, Jeremy does deserve some (not too excessive, but still some) verbal butt kicking.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

kingtony

kingtony

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
dip a little razing is one thing but to be verbally abused is just plain rude it's still a GAME

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

dip a little razing is one thing but to be verbally abused is just plain rude it's still a GAME

Sorry Kingtony, this topic for all purposes, when taking a few steps back, comes down to Employee - Customer relations. Nothing to do with the game, just business.

Waiting 4 days (trust me, I know, 'cause I deal with asshats that get their panties in a bunch if they don't receive service the same day, let alone 4 days) is really going to tick a customer off if they don't get something (that is expected, and very possible to achieve in less time).

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
Ok, time to calm down,guys.

I can see kingtony's point,and I do in the main agree.

However I do agree in part with what was posted on Stratics,although as ever ,the way its put over leaves a lot to be desired.

However I CAN vouch that Jeremy did make several replies on the mentioned thread .

I can understand the frustration for players reading of a Community rep's choice between discussing POF and a broken event thats been eagerly awaited.

A brief acknowledgement from Jeremy ,would not of gone unappreciated.
Its no fun to read of others enjoying it ,whilst your shard remains inactive.

Imagine if Fel was 'broken' on your shard for 4 days running :P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Right.

Then to hear that all it took was a

Mailed boot en route

has to be extremely frustrating.

It should be fixed, now. It was a one-line response because there was no detail to give - the spawner needed to be restarted, that's all.

No detail to give?!?! No detail in WHY it took 4 days to fix something so simple and there is no possible way the problem could have gone un-noticed when a lesser issue was being discussed is a flat out slap in the face to all the customers this effected.

Something more along the lines of

This is proving to be a logistically challenging week.

and this is why we could not get to this problem as quickly as we all would like.... (list what you've been working on that caused you to miss this glaring problem).

Disclaimer: I am in firm belief that they DO NOT need to do this, but they've put themselves in this position that it is expected to answer trivial questions such as this. Either flat out say, we are working on it and that is all to EVERY single problem, or go into detail with them all, but don't be selective, it's confusing to the customer.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

kingtony

kingtony

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
i wasent heated at dip i was heated at those comments others made and to answer your question if fel was broken and i truly mean this do something else it will be fixed ...and btw dip and tab reading your comments you are correct

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: broken, comment, demon, invasion, jeremy, legends, spawn