Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

New Archer..

- - - - - archer

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Wrath of God

Wrath of God

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
Hey all, I made a new Archer the other night (yes i know, im a sellout, a sheep, a follower) And ive been working on him ever since.

I have a couple of questions though:

1. Does anyone have any tips on armor selection? (My template will be a paladin/archer) should I be wearing plate, studded leather, etc. and what armor specs should i be looking out for the most?)

2. Stats, right now im at 101/101/32...should this be changed?

3. Arrows... I seem to be going through them like their goin outa style... where should I be replenishing my supply?

4. I'm up to around 72ish..right now I'm killing lizardmen for skill gains. Does anyone know of a better area to train at this level?

Lord Big Sexy - Sexy Smiff

Lord Little Sexy - Evil Alchy

<=& Children of Ivy and Bellas>

-----------

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
1. Any armor that adds to HP, MR, LMC, high resists. If you're human, stick with medable armor.

2. I go with however much Str needed to keep HP above 100, high dex (140 w/items) and the rest in Int.

3 & 4. Ratman archers (for skill gain and arrows) until you get closer to 80, then go after centaurs (for same purposes).

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts
pretty much what Dip said

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
pretty much how buddy feels
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Pretty much how KingTony put it. ;)

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

Gyvalor

Gyvalor

collecter of death robes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
Only thing I would add is to get as close to the HCI cap as you can as you only gain with a successfull hit.
Posted Image

grizz

grizz

CATS Legendary String Plucker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
I think what Nok said pretty much sums it up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If the world was flat I'd grind the edge."
-Ray Kappo

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
I agree with Gyvalor and Grizz.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Malachai

Malachai

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
I agree with DiP

jfk

jfk

Lost in the Abyss

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
DiP, Tony and Grizz hit the important points.:)

odysseus

odysseus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
1. Get a Golem
2. Get a 100% Poison Bow
3. Get about 5000+ arrows
4. Train Away.

It took me about 3 days to 120 Archery 115 Anatomy/115 Tactics.
:XXfart:

grizz

grizz

CATS Legendary String Plucker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
Had to get this thread back out there as it seems jfk hit the nail right on the head.

This is the funniest thread ever. God we're witty!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If the world was flat I'd grind the edge."
-Ray Kappo

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
Concur with grizz - we are astonishingly droll.

/postcount +1

~M

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: archer