Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Hello, just started playing again after a couple years, had a few questions.

- - - - - couple playing questions started years

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

SinfulInside

SinfulInside

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hello all,

My chars name used to be WhitePlague from GL.

I am going to start playing again from scratch (used to have tower 100k of each reg, etc.) I just couldnt find a game that could compare besides EVE and thats all spacey =P

On with the questions:
I installed from a renaissance disk I have, i will be useing the time code that came with this box hopefully. what else do I need to do get the 'entire' game. I plan on buying ML once this time code runs out, granting it works (havent made an account yet, and this box is hella old)

Ummm...

I am finding it a little daunting to catch up my knowledge of the game..
Is there a way to find out the best shard to use?
Best connection, Population etc?

My main questions is the first one. I just dont want to miss out on anything and it seems like ALOT has happened since I quit a couple years ago.

Quick story:
When I quit I gave control of my account to a good friend of mine with the idea that if Id pay for it and If I ever wanted it back it would all be there.
Next day, logged in to check stuff out and had some uosickness cropping up...
Everything in even the mules banks were gone and the guy wouldnt answer my icqs anymore. I wish I could remember his name =P

Welp take care!

Solidchrome

Solidchrome

† Virtual hero- real life geek †

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
Hi SinfulInside and welcome to UO Forums :)

There are forums here that will help you get back into game in no time and also take a look at Baldguys profile here. He has some great links on his signature.

You may want to try UO:KR which is a great new client which some of us prefer over the old 2D client. Info here. Inlcludes a 14 day free trial.

Tovladian Soltyr- "..then I saw it was Solid and I was like "Ah ok" because we all know he's not the most complete box of crayons.."

UOForums Need Your Donations- Click Here

Shady Dealer

Shady Dealer

Nwalmaer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
If you decide on Chessie let me know, ATD wouldnt mind at all helping out a returning player.
Posted Image

SinfulInside

SinfulInside

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Thx for the info, I am dling KR as we speak...
I also have a couple divx dling so this is taking a while...

I got the 2d installed and my account created but the actual game wont let me log in yet....so iam anxiously waiting...

Ever since i started playing eve i began to dream of UO again =]

1 Think i never really knew is: does it matter which shard you chose in relation to where your location geogpaphicaly?

SinfulInside

SinfulInside

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hmm On my Accounts page on UO.com it doesnt list that iam registered for KR...I used the KR serial number but used the 2d client to first install.
Should that matter?

Solidchrome

Solidchrome

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
When you login who will see the name of the shards and the connection speed. I have chosen the one with the lowest ping otherwise I would lag on any other.

Tovladian Soltyr- "..then I saw it was Solid and I was like "Ah ok" because we all know he's not the most complete box of crayons.."

Solidchrome

Solidchrome

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
Hi Sinfulinside
You need to use the KR serial number for the KR client so you can get your free 14 day trial.

SinfulInside

SinfulInside

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Nice that the show connection speed now.. I havent even gotten that far..

I think I screwed up somehow
Iam only registered for the Samurai Empire and NOT KR
Any ideas?

SinfulInside

SinfulInside

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Hi Sinfulinside
You need to use the KR serial number for the KR client so you can get your free 14 day trial.

I thought I did...i just set the subscription up for samurai empire as it was the only option i had??

wow this is confusing

SinfulInside

SinfulInside

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Btw thanks for helping me figure this out Iam starting to feel like a totally annoying noob

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I believe that's normal
The code gives you Samurai empire access, not the latest one
If you want to get the latest expansion/features, you need the 9th anniversary box/cd/code.
You can login with either 2D or UOKR, but bear in mind, UOKR is a fair bit buggy right now.

SinfulInside

SinfulInside

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Thanks for the info =]
Any idea how long it takes for EA to create my UO account so I can actualy log in to the game?

*impatient*

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
It's normally instant
Are you all patched up to the latest version?
What happens when ya try and login?

SinfulInside

SinfulInside

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

It's normally instant
Are you all patched up to the latest version?
What happens when ya try and login?

When I try to log in, it states that my password is incorrect or if the account is new wait a while and try again.

It has been at least an hour by now.

I remember it being instant from creating multiple accounts in the past sigh.

Iam pretty sure it patched to the latest version

SinfulInside

SinfulInside

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Lol, i restarted it and now i cant even get it to open...sheesh

I had tons of problems with DDO i hope i can get this figured out or this will be a short lived reunion

Wheres a good version of the 2d to download?

Should the install from the renaissance disk be good?

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Heh yea, hence not many use UOKR, at least compared to 2D.

http://www.uoforums....p?pg=downloaduo
There's a list of 2d locations.

Check your account's status in the account management page
Does it say active? and did you add a gametime or credit card to the account? You need to do that

SinfulInside

SinfulInside

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
This was the old ren version disk I used....

Ill try a new 2d download, just use the one that says mondains legacy even tho iam not registered for mondains legacy yet?

And yes my account says that is active for the 14 day coupon

Ultima Online
Ultima Online Registration | Registered
Ultima Online Renaissance Registration | Registered
Ultima Online Lord Blackthorne's Revenge Registration | Registered
Ultima Online Age of Shadows (or Ultima Online: Gold) Registration | Registered
Ultima Online 7th Anniversary Registration | Not Registered
Ultima Online: Kingdom Reborn Beta Test | Not Registered
Ultima Online Samurai Empire Beta Registration | Not Registered
Ultima Online 7th Character Slot | Not Registered
Ultima Online Housing and Bank Storage Upgrade | Not Registered
Ultima Online 10 New Roleplay Faces | Not Registered
Ultima Online: The Eighth Age Registration | Not Registered
Ultima Online: Mondain’s Legacy Beta Registration | Not Registered
Ultima Online Samurai Empire (Or the Ultima Online: Gold Jewel Case version) Registration | Registered
Ultima Online: Mondain’s Legacy Registration | Not Registered
Ultima Online: 9th Anniversary Collection Registration | Not Registered

Coupons/Promotions Days Remaining:
Ultima Online: 14 day free trial 14
Return to Ultima Online $12.99/mo on expiration of coupons shown

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Ah very odd
Then yes, I'd download Mondains legacy, install that and make sure it patches right upto the latest client, then try again

SinfulInside

SinfulInside

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Downloading now, I think the ren disk is too old.
The other version of 2d i dled kept closing while installing the 'readme.txt'

Thanks for all your help, lets hope I dont have more questions regarding this =]

What kind of bugs are people experiencing in KR?

Or should say: what bug are you not experiencing? lol

Do you think if my client was not up to date that i would not be able to log in?

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Some people love UOKR, some people hate it
I don't know many people who don't have some problem with it, be it speed, crashes or bugs in general.

This quote from 1up.com, sums up my thoughts on UOKR perfectly

Unfortunately, Kingdom Reborn -- as it currently stands -- is an unmitigated disaster.
After only one month in open beta, EA Mythic released the decidedly lackluster client as a "final" product, possibly in a rush to coincide with UO's 10th anniversary. The client suffers from frequent crashes, graphical glitches, and bugs, while most of the artwork, when you really get down to it, looks like ridiculous Play-Doh versions of the originals. Even on modern computers that regularly handle more graphically intense MMOs like World of WarCraft, Guild Wars, and The Lord of the Rings Online with aplomb, Kingdom Reborn remains a sluggish, choppy, and crash-ridden monument to poor software development.

=)=)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: couple, playing, questions, started, years