Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Warning!!! I Lost a Covered Chair deed to KR...

- - - - - chair covered deed kr lost warning

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

UOGuy...

UOGuy...

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Yesyerday, I realy gave KR a far shake... I actually tried to use this POS client... Why was I sooo foolish? I have no idea....

I was actually getting used to the lag and uglyness... I spent a couple of hours figuring out how to convert my UOA macros to KR macros... I was able to convert all but my agents (orginizer bags, sell bag, vurtual bag), there is no way to orginize in KR...

Then I tried some furnature changes, what a fool I was to try KR.... I dropped an axe into a toolbar slot, clicked the slot and chopped a Haunted mirror, the deed fell into my pack... I then chopped my Coverd chair, and the deed fell into my pack... I double clicked the deed to replace it in a new location, got a target cursor, I targeted the spot... and it says "I destroy the item".... and the deed disapears...

WTF, I checked the journal, sure enough it says "I destroy the item"... twice, once when I use the axe and once then I used the deed... Mmmm, now that I think about it, there should have been three.... Mirror, chair, deed...

So I make a bug report and page a GM... Of course they won't replace it no matter how I argue...

I guess KR is a POS nothing more...

Solidchrome

Solidchrome

† Virtual hero- real life geek †

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
That sometimes happens in KR..items not appearing in the backpack- you just need to logout and back in again and the deed will be there :)

Tovladian Soltyr- "..then I saw it was Solid and I was like "Ah ok" because we all know he's not the most complete box of crayons.."

UOForums Need Your Donations- Click Here

RMS Carpathia

RMS Carpathia

Madien of the Great Blue

• Members
  • 2,443 posts
KR sounds stinky... if I ever play again I am sticking to the 2D... plus not all MMORPG's (now days) are like that anymore... it is unique

"If it isn't broke, then don't fix it" can't tell that to EA... I do not know why they thought they had to go 3D... well I suppose it is because they are trying to get more people but... UO has been around for years... I still seen people get on these forums before KR was announced introducing themselves so... I really think they would have gotten thier moneys worth on updating the 2D client... (as another thread was disscussing) or do both... update both the 3D and 2D client... not trying to convert everyone to 3D... some people just like it better and nothing wrong with that...

Myself sense up started with 2D... I stayed with 2D... if they started with 3D then I would have stuck with 3D... it is just personally how "I" am

But as for now... everyone can play which ever... but really sounds like KR is not worth the time to fiddle with because of how buggy it sounds to me... like I said I never played it but heard the all of yeah talk about it

-RMS Carpathia-
Posted Image

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
i try kr out everyone now and again even though i do like the progress i am still stuck in 2d land
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

Solidchrome

Solidchrome

† Virtual hero- real life geek †

• Members
  • 1,858 posts

..but really sounds like KR is not worth the time to fiddle with because of how buggy it sounds to me... like I said I never played it but heard the all of yeah talk about it

-RMS Carpathia-

KR is not as bad as some people make it to be and the only fiddling you need to do is things like setting up macros. The problem UOGuy is a very minor problem that Im sure the devs are on.

KR is much better than 2D and its a shame that people would dismiss it everytime somone posts some help about it.

Tovladian Soltyr- "..then I saw it was Solid and I was like "Ah ok" because we all know he's not the most complete box of crayons.."

UOForums Need Your Donations- Click Here

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
I concurr with Solid here, I'm quite fed up with all the KR-bashing!

I'm using KR since the beta and while it really was a mess to begin with, it now does a lot of things better than the old legacy client, even taking uoa into account. I'm using KR primarily now and it's fine. Even if there are a few bugs left.

But for your prob: I lost a Arti while dragging it into the bank box once (think it was sometime in june). Logging in and out did solve the problem. If not, try logging in with 2D - it should be there then.

Sahra Swift

Sahra Swift

UO Stratics Catskills Reporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
*tries a reverse scare tactic*
Warning!!! I lost a Rune Beetle Carapace to 2D...

A few months ago, I really gave 2D a far shake... I actually tried to use this POS client... Why was I sooo foolish? I have no idea....

I was actually getting used to the choppy motion and ugliness... I spent a couple of hours figuring out how to convert my KR macros to UOA macros... I was able to convert all the major ones, but had to pick and choose since UOA doesn't allow as many...

Then I tried some PvM, what a fool I was to try 2D.... I died to Putrefier and he looted my insured RBC!

WTF, I checked the journal, and it charged me for renewing the insurance.

So I make a bug report and page a GM... Of course they won't replace it no matter how I argue...

I guess 2D is a POS nothing more...

Ok... so this is a lie, I wasn't actually playing KR yet at this point... but the bug in question [the insurance bug] still exists, and still impacts 2D players... so if I were to come in and start as a KR player and then decide to try out 2D I could very well be put into this very same situation.

Posted Image

Sahra Swift, UO Stratics Catskills Reporter (AKA Gildar and Illandril)

Interested in KR UI customization? Check out KR Modders Exchange and UOSkins.com

Skrekkugle

Skrekkugle

Rebellion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
Decided to test KR again today. To my suprise it had gotten much better than before. But i do not trust it, and therefore I can't play it. Items disappearing and stuff isnt even remotely funny. Also, im still too attached to the 2d client, but thats a matter of taste :)

Lazytown - The Dark Codex - Moonlight
Part of UO since 1999, always willing to help!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chair, covered, deed, kr, lost, warning