Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

The Modern Mage Template

- - - - - mage modern template

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Wrath of God

Wrath of God

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
Hey all, I'm curious to know what the more popular PVE mage templates are these days. Right now I have the following:

115 Magery
115 Eval
100 Med
100 Parry
100 Inscription
100 Wrestling
70 Poisoning (I think) ..

It's been quite awhile since I've worked on my mages skills and im curious to know what I can lose/gain to become a more powerful PvE mage. Is Parry worth keeping? Is Resisting Spells worth gaining? Your input would be greatly appreciated ;)

I'm Also Looking to perfect my Dexxer for PvE / PvP. Right now my dexxer is.

115 Swords
100 Tactics
100 Chiv
100 Anatom
95 Healing
100 focus

I have 100 skill points left (I think) and I may take my Parry skill from my mage. Any input? ;)

-Big Sexy

onthefifty

onthefifty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
if you dont want to fail applying deadly poison it should be 80

grizz

grizz

CATS Legendary String Plucker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
Drop Parry, wrestling, inscription & poison. Pick up music, provo, peace and disco.....Then you'll be in business. That is the most powerful mage PvE, PvM temp known to man.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"If the world was flat I'd grind the edge."
-Ray Kappo

Wrath of God

Wrath of God

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Drop Parry, wrestling, inscription & poison. Pick up music, provo, peace and disco.....Then you'll be in business. That is the most powerful mage PvE, PvM temp known to man.

Technically... Wouldnt that be the most powerful -bard- temp? =) and what is PvM .. same as PvE?

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Pick up music, provo, peace and disco.....Then you'll be in business. That is the most powerful mage PvE, PvM temp known to man.

That is an awesome template for doom. I have a lot of friends and guildmate that use that template. But for me... I love spellweaving. Magery, Eval Intel, Meditation, Spellweaving, inscription, and poison is what I use on my PvM. Cast poison fields, word of death for over 425 damage with 1 cast, and gift of life... you can't go wrong.

Wrath of God

Wrath of God

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
What about resist magic.... should I worry about that?

grizz

grizz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
Not for PvE, PvM. Other skills far out weigh resist. Get a nice suit with good resists and roll on. PvP is a diiferent story, the more resist the better.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ray Kappo

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
I agree with grizz. For PvPer it is a must have. For PvM no you don't need it. I think my resist on my suit on 40 or below and I hardly ever died.

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
not 2 sure about that without resists dragons,demons,blarons,lichs, and any macic caster can paralize you and do alot of damage
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

Merc

Merc

bellum omnium in omnes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 887 posts
I builded my mage for peerlesses. But he also kicks butt in deciet, and if I an am in a crowd of them they usualy posion me, i cast cure then heal then ess of wind (spellweaving) which kills just about everything around.

I just just feeling that in PvM you do not need resist. I have resist on 1 char and he is my PvP necro mage.

Deraj

Deraj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
Think of it like this: if you plan on taking hits, consider resist. On the other hand if you do not plan on taking hits (an example would be a tamer or bard), resist won't be as useful. This is from a PvM perspective.
Still we loom in the mists as the ages roll away,
And we say of our folk, "they are here!"
That they built us and they died and you'll not be knowing why,
Save we stand on the bare plains of Wiltshire.

kingtony

kingtony

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
I Have A Ful 70's Suit With 120 Resists On My Archer And I Can Bath In Magic Spells In Pvm And I Love It ,i Got So Use To The Resist I Probley Wont Take It Off
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

grizz

grizz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
I keep forgetting that not everyone is a bard..............BTW

Bards Do It Better...............................Hey baby, wanna see my lute!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ray Kappo

kingtony

kingtony

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
what was that bards do it with no string attached.lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mage, modern, template