Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Begging?

- - - - - begging

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Ceridwen

Ceridwen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
Looked through a couple sites, checked google... didn´t find any real guide to begging.

So I thought I´d try asking here (and on Stratics, but the beggars forum seems pretty dead there)

- Where can I buy the skill nowadays? (beggars/gypsys don´t sell it anymore)
- Where do I best go where there are a lot of NPCs so I don´t have to run around, but can go through those NPCs a bit, recall to the next spot, "grovel" to them a bit etc.?

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Haven't found any npc to buy the skill from, but training in Heartwood is easy. Don't need to recall, no monster hazards, and lots of elves to beg from. The boredom is broken up now and then by rare *acquired by begging* items (like sake, cookies, flower garland, etal).
Posted Image

Calell

Calell

Red-Headed Stepchild

• Members
  • 2,245 posts
I agree with Abra
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Nev!

OneBoredEMT

OneBoredEMT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
I take my poor begger to Luna, Cove, Skara Brae, Minoc is ok and so is Makoto and the Jhelom fighting pit. Luna and Cove are great if your begger wants to trick or treat, which is still active on Sonoma, might NOT want to do that in the fighting pit tho, Ive died there a few times and couldnt walk up the steps to get out to rez. A festive time was had using the help feature. I know I bought begging from a begger, if I remember right they had a yellow tag instead of a blue one. If you just want gains but dont care if you get money hire a couple peasants etc and beg on them. The bug that keeps them from giving gold when they say they have seems to appear more with them versus a yellow npc, but I still get gains. =)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

StoneCypher

StoneCypher

Legendary Runner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
OneBoredEMT. That is the cutest avatar I've seen in my 32 years :)~
StoneCypher

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: begging