Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

[News] 10 New Roleplay Bodies & Faces!

- - - - - 10 bodies faces news roleplay

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Ghazghkull

Ghazghkull

Warboss [Orcs]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
These are confirmed to be going in the game. The Japanese will get them a month earlier than us, I do hope for all the orcs sake we can change our skin colour as well! Though I must admit, they dont look very beefy. Although the undead one does look the business.

Jeremy_EAMythic Posted Image "The full-body changes will only be available for people who have the Japanese 10th Anni box for the first month."

From what I can gather, we will be able to use some sort of redemption or buy them from the in game body sculptor.
Posted Image Posted Image

Pictures!

Anime:

Elder:

Hellian:

Juka:

Meer:

Native Papuan:

Orc: Orc women dont exist!

Pirate:

Undead:

Vampire:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[Orcs] Guild Master [Europa]

Orcs Website | Orcs Forum

facattac

facattac

Lil' Scamp

• Members
  • 1,206 posts
yay! New undies!

Snugglebunny

Snugglebunny

indisputably more awesome

• Members
  • 5,665 posts
Kind of neat, but not too impressive since its all the same paper doll :(

Well rub butter on my beautiful butt and call me a croissant!

Posted Image

Cerwin Vega

Cerwin Vega

Legendary Pimp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
most of them still look alittle too human to me.... but their better than nothing... are they only for KR or will 2d get them too.

Ghazghkull

Ghazghkull

Warboss [Orcs]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

most of them still look alittle too human to me.... but their better than nothing... are they only for KR or will 2d get them too.

No 2D will not. Though if I may hazard a guess as to if this will allow you to change your skin colour dependent on the skin you choose. Then the skin colour will show in 2D as well.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fang

Fang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
I think they look pretty cool. I really dig the Meer female. ( I still miss my Vah Shir in EQ :( )

One question/observation: all the gals have little g-string panties, but the guys are in boxers. Where's the equality there? hehe

Sera Leone - Drum beating fighter/bard

Kase'l - Shovel carrying craftsman

Cyric Wolfsbane - Fencer extrordinaire

Lake Austin Shard

-Without love, we are nothing more than Strangers in Paradise-

cadethepagan

cadethepagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
would you rather the girls wear boxers and the guys wear g-strings?
Power is not given, it is taken!

Guest_PAlexandria_*

Guest_PAlexandria_*
  • Guests

Yes! :]~

I'm not too impressed with the artwork myself. Very glad I never managed to install KR.

Deraj

Deraj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
I'm speechless.
Still we loom in the mists as the ages roll away,
And we say of our folk, "they are here!"
That they built us and they died and you'll not be knowing why,
Save we stand on the bare plains of Wiltshire.

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Shame they haven't spent the time improving/fixing/overhauling existing art, instead of adding more
I DO like some of it, the piercing eyes of the vampires are great
The undead/pirate ones are pretty cool to.
The female orc just looks out of place though, I mean flowing blonde hair on a female orc? Er.
Some of the races look too human though, as it's been pointed out, especially the orcs.

Fang

Fang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

No, I certainly wouldn't want the guys wearing g-strings. It was kind of a joke but yet it wasn't. In today's socitety why must we continue to perpetuate this seperation of male and female? Why must all of our games be geared towards men? Women do play them, but here we are in the 21st century continuing to cater to the patriarcal society.

I am a man and a father, and quite frankly, I am tired of the over sexualization of women for the sake of money. And yes, this is what it's about. Those skanky, sweaty, still living with the mother, stereotypical gamers are going to go gaga over the g-string clad female models being offered now, and no matter how many people disagree with me, it's not going to change my mind. I have 3 boys in my home (along with 2 girls) and I know how they think. I see it everyday while they're reading my comics or they're surfing the web. Shapely bodies, plastic breasts, and airbrushed faces are thrust into *our* faces in a constant stream of advertising, television shows, and movies. When will it stop? How many more news stories do we have to hear about date rape, pedophilia, and parents dressing their pre-teen girls in skimpy outfits to win the beauty pagent before we *as a society* wake up and say enough?

Hello?

Ever hear of anoerxia? Bulimia? The more our society has been bombarded by the images of the "perfect" woman, the more both of these diseases have run rampant in our schools and homes. It breaks my heart to see this gals destroy themselves as the strive to be just like the model in the magazines they read.

I really need to stop now. I never intended to step onto the soap box, but it's a subject that is important to me. I apologize if I offended anyone. It wasn't my intent. I just hope that maybe my rambling rantings will open someone's eyes to how we treat the women of our society. They deserve to be more than just visual sex objects. They need to be the glorious beings they are within themselves not what we as men want them to be.

The player of:

Lake Austin Shard

Ghazghkull

Ghazghkull

Warboss [Orcs]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
An excellent post, for a more synical age. Though your post is in vain, im afraod the society we are in today expect such things. These things sell - period. Its nothing we can affect, all we can do is complain which is a shame really.

Though that was a well thought out post and I myself feel the same as im sure many others do.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

An excellent post, for a more synical age. Though your post is in vain, im afraod the society we are in today expect such things. These things sell - period. Its nothing we can affect, all we can do is complain which is a shame really.

Though that was a well thought out post and I myself feel the same as im sure many others do.

*nods* The biggest part of the problem is it's not a one-sided affair.

Back on topic.

Kind of neat, but not too impressive since its all the same paper doll :(

EXACTLY what I thought!!! And the eyes on some of them look... out of place, too bright? The undead looked the best though.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Hoffs

Hoffs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
*sigh*

Lighten up, for crying out loud. I play games to escape all the stupid political correctness off the miserable real world. If you really think those images are in the least bit provocative, then *rolls eyes*.

cadethepagan

cadethepagan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
reapeat after me

Its only a game
Its only a game
Its only a game
Power is not given, it is taken!

Merion

Merion

Infamous King of Typos

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
To make it short: Loving it!

Kusghuul

Kusghuul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I don't think a pixelated woman in provocative (?) lingerie is gonna make anyone go out and rape somebody. I also sincerely doubt anyone's gonna turn bulimic because of UO paperdolls. The general trend, perhaps, but then why is obesity on the rise?

Fang

Fang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
The point of my post wasn't just the over sexualization of our society, but also the fact that there is no equality with the male and female models. Why are the women scantily clad yet the men are covered? If one is one way so should the other.

That is the main point I was trying to bring into the discussion.

Lake Austin Shard

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
Any clue whether or not races will have special abilities?

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Hi Adri,

Any clue whether or not races will have special abilities?

Haven't heard anything about that, so no idea.

Only thing I know for sure... if they do, people will complain; if they don't, people will complain. ;)

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 10, bodies, faces, news, roleplay