Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

UOAM not calibrating properly.

- - - - - calibrating properly uoam

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Kitkat

Kitkat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
My UOAM is not working right. First it wouldn't track me at all, so I decided to use the manual setting. I put in the correct location, but it still isn't tracking me correctly. What am I doing wrong? I use the sextant and entered everything in properly... :?

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Hi Kitkat,

I don't remember, someone here will... but for the UOAM tracking to calibrate accurately & work consistently, I believe you need to be using UO Assist also.

Without UOA helping UOAM, UOAM can be thrown off by different things... too objects, lag, server lines, etc.

Hope that helps.

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Also make sure that you have the option checked to follow player :-/

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

Deraj

Deraj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
Try calibrating it in Delucia.
Still we loom in the mists as the ages roll away,
And we say of our folk, "they are here!"
That they built us and they died and you'll not be knowing why,
Save we stand on the bare plains of Wiltshire.

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
I thought the person that was working on UOAM basically quit, so it won't work anymore the way it was supposed to.

Or am I wrong?

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Automap still works, it's just not getting updated anymore. You do need UOAssist, but you don't need to subscribe, just have it open and working in the background.

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

I thought the person that was working on UOAM basically quit, so it won't work anymore the way it was supposed to.

Or am I wrong?

That's correct. UOA and UOAM both will both not be updated for UO:KR. They work with 2D now, but will not see anymore development... but will continue to work with 2D until 2D changes or is discontinued.

As KR continues to evolve, UOA and UOAM type features will be added to KR.

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Thanks for the clarification.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Aurelius

Aurelius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
There's an intermittent problem with automap messing up after downloading new map files, which seems to happen every week or so as they tweak stuff.

If it stops tracking you, keep trying by inputting the sextant co-ordinates, and also try moving between sub-servers and facets, eventually it gets the tracking right again, but there seems to be no easily duplicatable way of fixing the problem, or of keeping it fixed, just hammer at it a few times from different locations....

Guest_F'Nor_*

Guest_F'Nor_*
  • Guests
If memory serve's me, the best place to calibrate UOAM manually is sitting on Brit's Throne at the Brit Castle.

And UOAM does require UOA to fully track the player. True, you don't need a registered version of UOA for this to work. You will need to launch UO via UOA to get the full benifits of UOAM.

Good Luck,

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: calibrating, properly, uoam