Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Should EA open their own UO boards?

- - - - - boards ea open uo

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Brom

Brom

Introverted Barbarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
As it was mentioned this morning in the chat section, they can't even be bothered to update UO.com. I don't think they could handle a living breathing creature like a forum.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Solidchrome

Solidchrome

† Virtual hero- real life geek †

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
I agree if there were official forums it would be for UO members only. But I wouldnt want anyone from EA doing it as they wouldnt do it right. It would have to be done by Adam- or if Adam doesnt want to do it, someone who knows how how to look after their forum family.

Tovladian Soltyr- "..then I saw it was Solid and I was like "Ah ok" because we all know he's not the most complete box of crayons.."

UOForums Need Your Donations- Click Here

Scapra

Scapra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
They did have their own message boards for a long time, and were very active. It turned out to be an issue because it did cost them money to have people managing the forums, and it also took time away from the developers as they tried to answer questions instead of getting work done. I'm suprised I'm the first one to mention this, but it was a while back, probably over 5 years ago they shut them down and told everyone to go to Stratics. Their old posting guidelines are still there though =) http://www.uo.com/guidelines.html for nostalgia.

Tukaram

Tukaram

Old & grouchy

• Members
  • 1,025 posts
I still miss the good old MyUO Boards. They should never have shut them down. They had that famous SilverOne for a mod! (even if we did have to put with Cynthe!)

Tuka :cool:

Posted Image

Kinsmen are born. Friendship is a gift of the gods.

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Yeah, I miss Melantus, he hired me. Great guy

Posted Image

PS NO you can't have my Bud Light

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Maddux

Maddux

I've got Skinnies with RPGS! Twelve 'o'clock!

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
Its EA.. The only way they would have an Official UO Forum is if they sold it to us as an expansion. :laugh:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

The Anti-Adam (which means I'm cool)

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

Its EA.. The only way they would have an Official UO Forum is if they sold it to us as an expansion. :laugh:

:laugh: Would there be a monthly fee for it too?

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts

:laugh: Would there be a monthly fee for it too?

Yes.. of course there would be a monthly fee to go with it. But the fee insures that the billing process is Fully Functional (FF - Perhaps this can be used on a FoF: Five on Friday) and that there is no delay or problem in billing your credit card.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

Yes.. of course there would be a monthly fee to go with it. But the fee insures that the billing process is Fully Functional (FF - Perhaps this can be used on a FoF: Five on Friday) and that there is no delay or problem in billing your credit card.

:Rofl

Regardless if the site is secure or not, I assume.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adri: women don't discuss men while in the bathroom, we sacrifice small animals and smoke tampons *rolls eyes*

Adam: aye and in order to expedite the production of solidiers, i kill off the old people (Carp was right, Adam IS evil!)

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Probably have to pay extra to get access to a working secure site.
Then after a year, they'd bring out a "Super secure" site, which would require an upgrade code, purchasable for some stupidly high price at uogamecodes.com, which incendently, requires blood and tears to get it to accept your username/password.

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
:Rofl

But they will also offer an "Advanced Payment Site" to make all payments easier to be made, at a low monthly rate of $15 a month (per payment option).

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts
And lets not forget the option for avatars and sigs , and additional pm mail space combo pack for a one time fee of $29.95.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Lol Maddux.

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
The probably would have never thought about that Maddux, but now that you gave them the idea...

I'm sure they'll also give the options of quick reply, quote, and editing your own posts at the introductory rate of $19.99 with low monthly fee of $5.99 after the initial month.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Not sure if he gave EA ideas, but he gave me ideas :P
hehe

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
:X

As long as the option to pay with post count is there, I think I can be ok.

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
After your internet explorer comment.......no sir :P

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts
Crap, should I have said FireFox?

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Maddux

Maddux

• Members
  • 6,272 posts

Not sure if he gave EA ideas, but he gave me ideas :P
hehe

Ack!! British Pounds or Dollars?? *looks at Dip* Maybe even Wool?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DiP

DiP

• Members
  • 9,578 posts

Ack!! British Pounds or Dollars?? *looks at Dip* Maybe even Wool?

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

*takes a defensive stance in front of his sheep*

Posted Image

Thanks again Maddux!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: boards, ea, open, uo