Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Should EA open their own UO boards?

- - - - - boards ea open uo

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I'm curious, what do you guys think about the subject of having Official UO boards?

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Hmmmmmm they cant even keep UOHerald updated when the workload is heavy.

I think if they had their own official forums,it would need extra personnel to man it.

Other wise the load would just be passed onto an already very busy person from EA.

just my take :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Seriously a tough call. I voted other. I just don't see them doling out the resources to do it right. And if it can't be done right, then the worst thing would to be opening up a forum.

If they did, I'd become very political and campaign that it should be paying customers only.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I voted yes, but I know it's never going to happen, at least from previous discussions with Jeremy.
I was just curious what people thought. :)

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
I agree with Adam. It would be good if done right, but it's not going to happen.

I agree with Silverfoot, if done it should be tied to player accounts.

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

Queen Mum

Queen Mum

A Cookie A Day Keeps The Blues Away!!!

• Members
  • 5,130 posts
"Should EA open their own UO boards?"

Yes.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Ally

Ally

The Couch Hottie

• Members
  • 3,310 posts
Yes, but everyone made valid points so far.

Paying customers only.
Done right and manned properly.

buddy lee

buddy lee

Agent Zero

• Members
  • 2,249 posts

Paying customers only.

pretty much says it all

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
nope I think they should give you the node adam and just let us go on and get to help players and stuff then they see how we do then they say omg if need help go here :) visit uoforums.com haha
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ghazghkull

Ghazghkull

Warboss [Orcs]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
I voted yes, it would be nice to have a place where we can talk with the devs on their own forums.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[Orcs] Guild Master [Europa]

Orcs Website | Orcs Forum

Majere

Majere

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
I say yes they should mainly because other forums end up having to take up their game's tech problems.
"Siege is the best form of UO one can play today..."

Aurelius

Aurelius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
Since the question was 'Should they' the answer is yes, preferably tied in to UO accounts so you are made responsible for what you say there, and they can see who actually might know what they are talking about rather than the 'drive-by idiots' and one-topic ranters that fill too many other forums.

Sadly, the real problem is a slightly different one - is there any enthusiasm, resource or capability at EA/Mythic to do it right?

Guest_F'Nor_*

Guest_F'Nor_*
  • Guests
I went with Yes. But the bloody bean counters will want the ROI and COI to balance. I'm sure they have the hardware & bandwidth, but don't have the manpower.

So now they hire "tele-workers" who end up being "outsourced" and have no clue.

I STRONGLY believe, they need to "SUPPORT" via funds a single organization, then, it's "official". Then it would be up to that site to maintain it's own staff. Okay, it's sort of how "Stratics" was supposed to be, but their mentality and staffers got out of control. Stratic's lost its focus, it went mainstream, so did the forums. That being said, any such single organization would sign disclaimer that it would ONLY support UO.

Blah!

Gyvalor

Gyvalor

collecter of death robes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
well it appears I am in the minority here as I voted "No". I don't think EA should open their own boards as they wont have the same amount of passion as one that was created and supported by the players. Look at all the usefull and fantastic information players have done on this board. The players took it into their own hands for a good user guide with the Wilki. I don't think EA could ever hire a company or man a department that cares more about the game then its player base.
Posted Image

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Well I vote no... they should make this the main one and pay adam and others for the work... then reward others here for the help we do.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I wouldn't/don't want these to be the official boards, heh
Can you imagine having to deal with the ...annoying people from UHall?
No thanks :P

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
Haha I still think you do that and do a great job adam heh
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
Thinking About It But It Would Probley Be Outdated In 6 Months Can You Say Stratics
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

Brom

Brom

Introverted Barbarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Paying customers only.

I totally agree with the above statement.

I voted "other" simply because I can't see EA doing it properly though. I'd rather have no official forum than a shoddy one. But if they were serious about it, then yes I would like to see an official forum.

Mind you I would still spend most of my time here. =)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lklovelykiki24

lklovelykiki24

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,113 posts
I think that EA should have there own UO forums. But the way it is now I really don't think they would run it very well. It is very hard to get any help in the game from them. So I think they would do a poor job running the forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: boards, ea, open, uo