Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Small House Designs

- - - - - designs house small

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Xen

Xen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello, I currently have a small house (2 story 10x10 to be exact). And it is very hard to find design inspiration as almost everything I find is for large houses.

I have found a couple of ideas, but not enough for me to really start to drawn on well.

Here is what I currently have (I know it could be a lot better, but I just don't have enough practice...yet.)

Exterior"

Posted Image
Posted Image
I wish I could somehow use the adjacent sea to my advantage, go dig up some of the new heritage tokens I just got. =)=)

Interior:

Posted Image

I tried to be simple and do something that felt cozy and welcoming, but I feel its time for a change and would like to work something new up. Input if very welcome.

Ghazghkull

Ghazghkull

Warboss [Orcs]

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
Well, what type of design or style do you have in mind? You could design a mini japanese castle :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[Orcs] Guild Master [Europa]

Orcs Website | Orcs Forum

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
I found some pics Siobhan of Castles and Courtyards had posted that I thought might help inspire you.Its one of my favourite sites,and one every house decorator needs.

Posted Image

This home, owned by Gecko, was designed keeping the water to the west in mind, to create an illusion of water flowing into the home from the small lake and down to the front of the house. Each room was built keeping this in mind.

Posted Image

The first floor was dedicated as a growing room. What better water than those that flow fresh from deep within the belly of our lands. The next floor up was the crafting rooms.

Posted Image

And finally, a beautiful view from the roof.

Posted Image

Hope these pictures inspire you :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
Some more small house designs I found

Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
small house designs

Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
A variety

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
Ah, I love my tiny house

http://www.geocities.com/creeltower/I'm still trying to decorate the thing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
I have waited many years to get to customize in UO, and last weekend it finally happened! I bought a humble little plot for 100K, which was just a heap of dirt, and by the next day I had created a Grecian house.

Here is a picture at day time:

Posted Image

here you can see it also at nighttime

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
Arlenes House

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xen

Xen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks, I was thinking a tiny "fisherman" themed house because I'm next to the water. I will play with some designs over the next few days and post what I come up with.

Thanks so much for the input.

zevil

zevil

the lors of shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
too bad yu cant make something like a garden, that would be really nice :D
the shadows will prevail

merth

merth

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
Funny thing is although each of these houses are quite unusual and very nicely done I find your little japanese themed hut to be the most cozy comfortable looking of the bunch. Good luck with your future designs!

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts

too bad yu cant make something like a garden, that would be really nice :D

Why cant one be done ................interested ?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
I just needed some extra storage, so I decided to add a park to PaxOku and use the basement for storage It's a 9x14 if I remember. You can see the pic below. The park will have a seasonal mode to it.
Fall (Halloween theme)
Winter( Christmas theme)
Spring (I'm thinking!!)
Summer (Normal look)

Attached Thumbnails

• Welcome16park.jpg

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

lklovelykiki24

lklovelykiki24

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 1,113 posts
Xen I think the house you have now is very cute :)

Alynora

Alynora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts
Xen, it is a very cute house, I'm willing to help you out, but do you have any preferences as to how you would like a fishing shack?

Because there are a couple of ways I can do it, but they have very different feels to them. (and degrees of being rustic..)

For example, if you do it in the Papua style woven walls, it can have a very temporary feel to it (you're just there for the moment to do your fishing) or something with a little more permancy like some of the other walls. A Tokuno style fishing shack will also have a bit of a different feel. I think some of the stone styles will be too "heavy" for a shack.

Do you want to make use of both floors as well? That gives also a different feel. I've seen some very cute one story houses for a small plot like yours. Do you want garden area? There is just enough for a little bit of one depending on how you build and how important space is to you.

Anyway, just a few thoughts for you

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

zevil

zevil

the lors of shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
garden in the meaning some tiles outside youre house, a garden on the plot itself can be done, but the one i mean cant :(
the shadows will prevail

Xen

Xen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I spent a few hours and came up with something a little different. I at first wanted to do a fisher themed house, but I kept getting ideas in my head, and one thing led to another.

This was probably the most fun I had doing a simple design, I actually made a little story to explain the theme and why everything is like how it is. I can post it if you really want to hear it, but I think the house looks fine without needed to explain, but the basic theme is a retired adventures turned humble hermit. I wasn't sure if I should do 1 or 2 levels, but I think it turned out well with having the second floor be the bedroom.

Anyways, on to the pictures. This is a 10x10 house to be precise.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Feedback is much appreciated, I know I really need more practice.

zevil

zevil

the lors of shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
lol, more practice :S???

its really lovely :D!
the shadows will prevail

Moony

Moony

Legendary Sampire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
Xen, the 2nd house design, oh 'tis very cute =) I love the cozy feel of a small house :)

I have a large, 18x18, house, so I can't really make any awesome super-cool judgments but... yeah :P
GM in: Dying and Running Away, then Dying

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: designs, house, small