Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Price Check on silver steed.

- - - - - check price silver steed

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

kingtony

kingtony

How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink?

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
you know what i say they should introduce a druid to the game and if you have taming you can tame even more types of animals and monsters
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

LadyNico

LadyNico

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
You know, there is no critter I'd rather own than a silver steed. I just happen to value my accounts rather more than I happen to want a known and clearly stated illegal item.

From EA Support Site (link follows text excerpt - sorry don't know how to condense the megalong link):-

"The items listed below were created or obtained through the use of an exploit or bug, and are not able to be obtained or acquired through any legitimate means. They are prohibited within Ultima Online, and players who are found to have, use, trade, or sell them may have action taken against their account.

These items are listed because they continue to exist in the world even though they are not re-creatable, but please do not consider these listed items the only ones that are unacceptable within UO. Just because an item may not be on this list does not necessarily mean it is allowed. We reserve the right to change and update this list at any time.

Portable forges, looms, spinning wheels, or other obviously not portable add-ons
Water or grass tiles
Silver steeds (except for Siege Perilous, and Mugen)
Tame ancient wyrms Neon sandals (not BOD reward or AoS gift sandals)
Khaldun puzzle box
Chyloth's Shroud (red death shroud) and/or Staff.
Portable Mouseholes
"

From EA Support Site here:- http://support.ea.co...li=&p_topview=1

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
Lol at the portable mouse holes.I remember being in the Castle when they 'appeared'.

As fast as we could spot them,they kept disappearing.

I didnt realise folk were stealing them.

Ive never seen one since though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Guest_Doomsday Dragon_*

Guest_Doomsday Dragon_*
  • Guests
Also both ancient wyrms and silver steeds are on limited life span timers if you take them out of the stables the timer starts ticking down and once it finally hits 0 the creature poofs. The timer starts once you take it out but stabling it only pauses it if you take the animal out to many times it is gone forever.

Plus the whole illegal thing and getting banned...

But if you actually had one that is what would happen to it so if you ever get the chance to buy one that is should you disregard it being illegal and purchase it anyhow just remember the only thing it is good for is a fancy name on your claim list.

But hey if you ever had one and wanted a creative and memorable way to leave the game you could pop it out of your stable and head right for brit bank and show it off till it either poofed or you got a ban lol. Either way you are going down in the books for sure.

Magister_Returns

Magister_Returns

UOForums Price-checker

• Members
  • 3,255 posts
A mousehole? What does/did it do and can anyone post a screeny?

Mercenary

Mercenary

i refuse to flex!!

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
UTB used to own 2 ancient wyrms on atlantic. One of them got deleted by a GM pretty early, then the other one was stabled for a long time and only taken out rarely. I don't know why, but for some reason the owner decided to take it out and parade around Britain bank with it, and thus the final one got deleted cause someone paged a GM.

The mousehole was from the Sherry the Mouse event surrounding those copper, silver, gold coins you collected in the sewer. People were able to steal the mousehole when this even first started. If you go to Castle British, there should be a few to look at on the second floor on your shard.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xenobia

Xenobia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Was the Silver Steed or the Dark Steed player manipulated animals or were they screw ups in UO due to a mistake by Origin? My friend owns one of these fine horses and I just don't see the point in threating people over them. But as you said earlier in the thread...GM's were banned a long time ago so I guess there isn't anything to worry about.

Guest_MacKenzie James_*

Guest_MacKenzie James_*
  • Guests
My stepson has an old colored SL warhorse on Cats that is a darker green that the current ones. (It pretty well matches the shroud of Umbra green) How rare is that and how much could it be worth possibly? Just curious. Last I knew there were only 2-3 on my shard and I heard one died. :P

Lord Target

Lord Target

I know I am, and so are you. Now I must throw giant waffles at y

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
IMHO, the value is: priceless.

The Silver Steeds randomly appeared in T2A (I wasn't in Britannia much at the time, T2A was taking up a lot of my days and nights- so I've never sighted one there) a really long time ago on most shards, I recall seeing many of them spawning around the time the Abyss shard was first introduced, but eventually they decided that they were 'illegal' in the same way purple sigil items were...

...odd, that the sigil items as well as a lot of questionable items have this unspoken 'look the other way' policy now...and you definitely KNOW the sigil items were created through a blatant exploit, so why allow a glowing purple beacon that shouts, "LOL! I 'SPLOIT! HAHAHALOLOL LOOK AT PURPLE BOOK :tard: HAHA!"-but not allow a horse?

Around the time they first started 'removing' them, a lot of confused tamers saw their steeds deleted on sight. After watching this happen to someone I know never uses exploits or any assistance programs for UO, I was honestly wondering what the heck justified deleting their tame.

That was seriously the 'favorite pet' of a lot of people, and I knew a couple that became sad (and furious in some sporadic cases) enough to quit once they saw theirs deleted out from under them...for them, it was bad enough every GM said, "I cannot help thee with this, items cannot be replaced," let alone, "That animal is not allowed in-game and must be removed."

The ones I saw weren't 'produced through means of an exploit', they simply spawned. Unless, of course, the RNG was exploiting itself again...:tard:

Not that it would surprise me if during an update someone at EA 'accidentally' switched the spawn on (for steeds) for all shards, or slipped in a few lines of code to the server.

This befuddles me to this day. Never once did I see someone magically call forth a silver steed from nothingness and chase it down to tame it.

The old silver steeds have some pretty cool things about them, none of which I knew to be 'exploits'...then again, that's not my field of study.:)

Maroite

Maroite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
Silver steeds weren't obtained through exploits. They just spawned because some nit at Origin goofed and put the spawn points on ALL servers instead of just Seige if I rememer correctly.

Figures that honest people have to take the crap end from the really screw ups.

This is common in a lot of MMO's. The companies never see a reason to compesate honest players when they screw up. Its too difficult, yet... its so easy for them to just delete things. The majority will keep paying. *shrug*

Kaj

Kaj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

My stepson has an old colored SL warhorse on Cats that is a darker green that the current ones. (It pretty well matches the shroud of Umbra green) How rare is that and how much could it be worth possibly? Just curious. Last I knew there were only 2-3 on my shard and I heard one died. :P

There are still a couple of those dark green war horses around. They are pretty rare though (and 100% legal). I'd tentatively put it at 50-60m, but the value might increase as factions get more popular with the new publish.
Be sure to never take it out when it's not bonded though ;). Also be careful never to give it any commands when you are not in factions (or just in general) as it might go wild, and you need to be in factions to tame it again (same taming requirements as a normal horse).

Demonous

Demonous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

i recently purchased one of these a few months back for 54 mil which was a steal, i know people that have been willing to pay over 100m for one

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: check, price, silver, steed