Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Polls regarding UOKR - When to Re-Poll the Audience?

- - - - - audience polls repoll uokr

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Winfield

Winfield

Governor of PaxLair, Chesapeake

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 877 posts
There are some great polls regarding UOKR going on.

Does it make sense to "re-poll" the audience with the same questions at some point? Perhaps after 6 months or less or more? This might show us changes over periods of time (people are more or less satisfied with UOKR at later times).

I'm not sure how that would work if the previous poll is open for say 6 months, then another starts right away. A person polled near the end of the 6 month period would/could enter a same poll entry in the next 6 month period. That might not matter that much statistically -- I don't know.

Any polling experts, or those more familiar with them, to suggest the merits of re-polling the audience and how it best be done?

-- player behind Winfield

Spree

Spree

I ♥ ORKIES !!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
All i want to know why did it run 6 months ago and now it locks up the mouse disappears but it ran 6 months ago with a older video card with less memory. They said it was suppose to run on a p2 and now wont run on a p4. I dont think they have a clue what they are doing.
Posted Image
Ahh. Sorry to misinform. I redirect your questions on all things Stratics to Delilah ~ TizzyL

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

UOForums Central ManagerMith'quessir

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
Spree, do me a favor, go into graphic options and turn off "Shadowing".
Let me know if that helps you.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Send lawyers, guns and money
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Adam

Adam

Former Owner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I agree we definatly need to re-poll the audience here, but when do we do it?
I say sometimes in December?

Nok

Nok

Founder/Publisher of GameXbar

• Members
  • 3,217 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
Great idea Winfield.

Polls are really a snapshot of the time it is taken. Over a period of time, views change.

Posted Image
GameXbar: DAoC - LOTRO - MMO - UO - WAR - WoW

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
I'd say it's a good idea, December sounds about right, enough time to get a few more fixes in.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Spree

Spree

I ♥ ORKIES !!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
I looked there is is no shadowing propertys. I even looked under advanced i turned it down to 16 bit color but that didnt help.

tabs are Color managment, geforce 7600GS, general, adapter, monitor, and troubleshoot
Posted Image
Ahh. Sorry to misinform. I redirect your questions on all things Stratics to Delilah ~ TizzyL

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

• Members
  • 3,882 posts

I looked there is is no shadowing propertys. I even looked under advanced i turned it down to 16 bit color but that didnt help.

tabs are Color managment, geforce 7600GS, general, adapter, monitor, and troubleshoot

Not in your regular video card setup, in KR.

Load KR, go to Main Menu, click USER settings, uncheck "show shadows"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Spree

Spree

I ♥ ORKIES !!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
how to you get to that part when the loading screen takes 10 minutes to load, then it takes 30 second from when you type in your password for the text to show up on the screen. and you have no mouse pointer.
Posted Image

Silverfoot

Silverfoot

• Members
  • 3,882 posts
hmmmm got me there :-p

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The crap has hit the fan
!"

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
If you are going to repoll, it might be a good idea to close the current ones.

Sahra Swift

Sahra Swift

UO Stratics Catskills Reporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
I'd say we're already due for a repolling (if not overdue), and at least one more when KR gets into a state where the developers no longer think KR is still in need of signifigant work.

Posted Image

Sahra Swift, UO Stratics Catskills Reporter (AKA Gildar and Illandril)

Interested in KR UI customization? Check out KR Modders Exchange and UOSkins.com

Sahra Swift

Sahra Swift

UO Stratics Catskills Reporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

how to you get to that part when the loading screen takes 10 minutes to load, then it takes 30 second from when you type in your password for the text to show up on the screen. and you have no mouse pointer.

There's clearly something more slowing down your computer than just KR if you're noticing anything you'd even seriously consider exagerating to be a 30 second delay when typing in your password (it might be something that only KR uses, but not something that your computer shouldn't be able to handle much better than it is).

If you haven't already, update your drivers, defrag the hard-drive KR is on, etc...
There are people with computers that barely meet the posted minimum specs that can play at reasonable speeds.

Posted Image

Sahra Swift, UO Stratics Catskills Reporter (AKA Gildar and Illandril)

Interested in KR UI customization? Check out KR Modders Exchange and UOSkins.com

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: audience, polls, repoll, uokr