Welcome to Ultima Online Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Welcome to UOForums

If not already a member, take a moment to join our awesome community. It is free to sign up and there are no ads.

When you click on CREATE ACCOUNT, the sign up form will appear at the bottom of the forum.

If you have issues, like not receiving a validation email. Then please contact us by email help@uoforums.com and we will help you get set up.

If you wish to contact us about our site for other reasons, then please contact us by using the contact form in top right corner of the forum

Photo

Game stopping issue for my tamer, need help please

- - - - - game issue stopping tamer

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Suddenly and inexplicably, my pets are no longer auto attacking monsters that are agro'ed onto my tamer. Even though the tamer is 120 vet/lore/taming and the pet is wonderfully happy, they now just stand by my side and ignore the mayhem wrought upon me, no longer willing to take a bite out of my adversary, instead content to just follow me about. The pet was working perfectly 6 hours ago. If I tossed an ebolt on a monster, the pet would instantly be snacking on the poor monster. I stabled the broken pet and tried another.... same result. I re ordered *pet name* follow me, and *pet name* guard me. I fed and lored it, and pet was wonderfully happy as expected. Again, another pet blind to a near death owner. They now only attack if ordered to kill and the monster is targetted by my cursor, or if the monster is agro to them and not me. I tried the gm route for assistance and got a response to stable and reclaim all my pets, which i did. Still the same broken pets. Sad and nerfed tamer needs advice!
Posted Image

Tabbitha

Tabbitha

"Can Set Custom Title"

• Members
  • 8,727 posts
  • LocationKinver,Staffordshire,England
I am not a tamer on any of my characters,but as a mage,I have always had to 'order' any summonsed creature,to follow the 'All Kill' command.

I have always assumed this was the case across thwe board.

Hopefully some one more experienced can proivide an answer.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Brom

Brom

Introverted Barbarian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

I am not a tamer on any of my characters,but as a mage,I have always had to 'order' any summonsed creature,to follow the 'All Kill' command.

I have always assumed this was the case across thwe board.

I've played around with a low level tamer (50-ish) and done lots of summoning on my mage, and I've always had to use the targeting cursor.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
The pet I am accustomed to will often ignore the low end mobs that attack me, like sewer rats, blackrock bears, etc. However, I wouldn't have to always bring up a cursor and say all kill, then target monster. Before my pet broke, it would practically teleport to and chew any dragon that I was near the instant the dragon would target me. All I needed was to have my pet in guard me mode. It would be comparable to a swordsman having to target every monster on the screen before swinging at it, no auto defend anymore like trying to target every slime at barracoon spawn before you can kill it. On a mage, it would be like the dragon is eating you and you dont swing your arms at it, you just stand there twiddling your thumbs. Guard me mode is now missing in action on my pets
Posted Image

Adri

Adri

Wearing metal panties in a lightning storm

• Members
  • 6,179 posts
Did you try feeding it, then ordering it to guard you? Sometimes if I give an order to my pet, then feed it afterward, it 'forgets' the command.

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Yes, and it's happening with more than one pet. The skills are real, and not influenced with jewelry. Anyone else ever have this issue?
Posted Image

Vepl

Vepl

Forum Legend

• Members
  • 4,288 posts
Which client are you using?

Also have you tried repeating the "All Guard Me" command several times? When you mouse over yourself. Do you show the guarded status?

Vepl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Another Quality Job by Atlas607

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
I have tried all follow me, then all guard me and gotten approval sounds from pets as well as *pet name* follow me, and *pet name* guard me commands. The guilded tamer's pet is green, and tamer shows guarded on mouseover. Yesterday morning, I could stand between my pet and a not yet agro monster, toss the ebolt and the pet would auto attack. Now the pet is just standing there until I order and target the foe for my suddenly very dumbfounded pet. This is in 2D client, Vepl.
Posted Image

Gyvalor

Gyvalor

collecter of death robes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
I noticed that my pet was not "guarding" auto attacking either yesterday but I just thought it was me being tired
Posted Image

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
well they do this if you say all attack they do that then stand there you will see they are blue or red if you are red but if you say all guard and such they will keep auto attacking and such

abracadabra

abracadabra

Mindless Muse

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
The pet is remaining green, since I am guilded and blue char. When they don't attack, they aren't showing as blue, but my pet is remaining green and I am hearing its positive vocalizations for all guard me.
Posted Image

Macdaddy

Macdaddy

Trustworthy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
yep for sure

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: game, issue, stopping, tamer