[News] Next PaxLair Weekly Meeting, Oct 9 (Evil in Ilshenar)

PAXLAIR STATEHOOD - October 8, 2007

Governor Winfield has announced the next weekly PaxLair Meeting to be held in Ilshenar on Chesapeake (8:30 PM ET gather, meeting starts promptly at 9 PM ET)

SEE THE CALENDAR ENTRY HERE.

He asks people to see the calendar entry for complete details, and to notice the Theme of the meeting is a "Call for Evil". The entry also has a connection to a Theme Setter on the UOForums Dry Stein [RPing Forum].

071009deuces_vinculum_inn_map.jpg

Location is "Deuce's Vinculum Inn" NW of Honor Shrine/Gate in Ilshenar, Chesapeake

Original Full Article....

Hail Lord Havok,

To start off, our tenet of Neutrality is:

Neutrality - PaxLair areas are neutral ground for all people to meet, whether evil or good, murderer or bounty hunter. Neutral ground means basically "checking your weapons at the door." PaxLair attempts to remain neutral to all walks of life. This neutrality offers a place where warring groups and people may rest, have competitions, barter solutions to problems, engage in commerce, and hold events. Respect is the key to this neutrality. (ref: PaxLair Charter)

So simply, it's hard to effectively pursue neutrality and be seen as neutral if there aren't many evil folk around. Sometimes we have to go looking for evil to balance out the good.

Would the same question have been asked if we had a theme interested in "good" people?

"Would the same question have been asked if we had a theme interested in "good" people?"

Yes, it would have been asked, for then my insatiable curiosity would have caused me to wonder how many More "Good" people does Paxlair require?

Now let me ask you this, if I built a village adjacent to one of my "evil" cities and stated that here now is a place for "good" to congregate, would you not find it a little condescending? Oh don't get me wrong, the black and red color scheme and all the blood and bones really is hard to resist......I'm sure no one of a "evil" nature has ever dressed normally, or lived in a normal building.

If I ran a "evil" statehood and out of the blue stated my next weekly meeting was "a Call for Good" should I expect all the goodly folks in the realm to come running at my beck and call? I did after all set the "theme" just for them.

"Respect is the key to this ......"

I believe I have earned the right to question the intent of your Statehood. If you seek a token force of resistance for your "goodly folks", then I can not help you. If you seek dolls to play in the necro village/doll house then I can not help you.

If you seek to actually have a real give and take experience with Evil vs. Good then empower me to truly be "Evil" and trust me I WILL do so!.....respectfully of course.

I have the utmost respect for you, Winfield, and most, if not all, of your Statehood's residents. My previous exposure to Lord NANOC & Lady Phoenix nearly tempted me from my dark path.....and for that alone they must suffer!

Thank You for your time.

Respectfully,

Lord Havok

I believe I have earned the right to question the intent of your Statehood. If you seek a token force of resistance for your "goodly folks", then I can not help you. If you seek dolls to play in the necro village/doll house then I can not help you.

If you seek to actually have a real give and take experience with Evil vs. Good then empower me to truly be "Evil" and trust me I WILL do so!.....respectfully of course.

I have the utmost respect for you, Winfield, and most, if not all, of your Statehood's residents. My previous exposure to Lord NANOC & Lady Phoenix nearly tempted me from my dark path.....and for that alone they must suffer!

Extremely good questions Lord Havok. And you have earned the right to question the intent of the Statehood.

Your understanding of the Statehood is on the mark ... "a real give and take experience with Evil vs. Good". This is as much of our Statehood intent as it is to allow the ability for some people to remain Neutral to that same give and take experience.

Not all in the Statehood are good or evil or neutral.

• That is, some will combat evil through actions or the mind. (the good)
  • Likewise, some will combat good through actions or the mind. (the evil)
  • Some will not care much about good or evil and simply cater to both. (the neutral)
  • And, some will knowingly and willingly try to balance good and evil in the Statehood because they know good cannot exist without evil, and evil cannot exist without good ... lest we all die in our hearts and minds from complacency and lack of challenge. (the balanced)

You do not need to ask me to empower you to be truly "Evil" -- I am not in such a position to decide the shape of one's own mind and spirit. Therefore, be evil and let fate and destiny take its course.

Respectfully,

Winfield, Governor of PaxLair Statehood

Thank You for your kind words Winfield. I shall consider Your acknowledgement that my understanding of the Statehood is "on the mark" as one of my greater accomplishments thus far in my life.

As for the empowerment statement I made, please allow me to clarify. Much as that silly old wives tale about vampires not being able to enter a individuals home unless invited, I too require a "invitation" ......it is a small quirk of mine, lets call it a eccentricity of mine, if you will.

Sincerely,

Lord Havok